Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

residents in over 30 more states have filed requests with the White House to peaceably break from the union

skinsfan07

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/now-many-states-want-to-secede-from-u-s/

Since WND first reported that residents in the state of Louisiana were petitioning to secede from the U.S., residents in over 30 more states have filed requests with the White House to peaceably break from the union.

Furthermore, the Louisiana petition has topped 27,000 signatures, exceeding the threshold needed after which the White House has pledged to respond.

And for Texas, one of the new states to join the fray, the signature count now tops 60,000.

The White House’s We the People website explains that once a petition reaches 25,000 signatures, it will be placed on a queue for response from the administration. The website also maintains a page for previous petitions that have received a White House response.

Joining Louisiana now are Alaska, Utah, Wyoming, California, Delaware, Nevada, Kansas, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Oklahoma, Arkansas, South Carolina, Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Oregon, New Jersey, North Dakota, Montana, Indiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, Alabama and Texas.

rest at link. Discuss.

Because secession worked out soooooooooo well last time.

91475-004-354D702F.jpg

As much as I hate the direction in which this country is going, there are *very* few instances where I would justify secession. The reelection of Barack Obama is not one of them.

This is nothing more than a big hissy fit from the right, anyway.

Rick Perry advocated sucession after Obama won his first term in office. Mistakenly thinking Texas had a get out of the union free card, which turns out they didn't. But then Rick Perry ran for President, so I don't think he was very serious when he suggested succession...

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 03:43 PM ----------

Apparently many of the votes are coming from bots set up by just a few people. :ols:

Bots are people too.

Well now, I guess it is true that when God closes a door he opens a window! We were all so worried about how we were going to place the damned 51st star now that Puerto Rico wants to be a state. Now we can just grant one of these states it's wish and remain at a nice even 50! I say we cut Arizona free.

i'd love to watch these adult babies run a country of their own into the ground overnight. the only thing keeping me from getting behind the plan is the children that would be born there.

Well we used to call countries run by folks like this Bannana Republics... coarse then south america kind of cleaned up it's act. Then we had the whole uganda and rowanda fiasco...

Well we used to call countries run by folks like this Bannana Republics... coarse then south america kind of cleaned up it's act. Then we had the whole uganda and rowanda fiasco...

i don't think it's quite the same as a bunch of privileged arch-conservatives who live in an alternate reality thinking they could live the way they do without the united states federal government behind them.

These people could pool their money and buy an island somewhere and declare themselves a sovereign country, make their own laws etc. There's no one stopping them from doing that. Heck, they could even set it up where they don't pay taxes if they don't want.

Course, they'd have to buy an island that has a high enough dead volcano/mountain so when the oceans start creeping up the shore, they won't get submerged, since there's no such thing as global warming.

Archived