Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there anyone who will NOT vote?

brandymac27

I quit voting after the second time that this government showed that my vote is meaningless. The first time was when I lived in California and they had the voting to keep certain "rights" away from illegals, like getting a driver's license, free medical, etc. It was hugely voted for but the minority that voted against the new law took it to the California Supreme Court, who then decided that the wishes of the people was unconstitutional. The second time was of course when the populace voted for Al Gore yet because Bush won the Electoral the people's votes meant nothing.

So yeah, I will never vote again... Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I do learn.

i've been out of the country for 3 out of the last 4 weeks, and was away from home for 3 out of the five days that i was in the country. not a real excuse, but i didn't think to get my crap together in time to vote early. i'd be lying if i were to say i felt guilty about it. voting is important, but sometimes **** just happens.

Sorry you are so miserable in this great country.

Though I notice you have a computer or some form of internet access and time to waste online (as I do)... so all could not be so bad in the Oligarchy.

No one has it easy anymore but I think its really awesome that we actually get a say in our gov't. If that is patriotic BS, then I am fine with it.

I dont mean it to sound harsh, but I believe if you skip your consitutional right to vote you cant complain about the result.

:ols: Yep, good old America. The only place with computers and internet. It's an amazing place alright. :ols:

people who don't vote only think of themselves, just plain selfish

No. I think of most people. Fat, lazy and overly comfortable being ignorant and unable to think outside of the box and to dig down and actually do the radical things we need to do to change our once great country and I realize that things will just keep swirling down the bowl.

As far as selfish, I try to make the effort and sacrifice to not endorse the major problems, so we don't need saving from our government.

Not liking Romney or Obama or ® or (D) is a lame excuse not to get out and vote. There ARE other candidates...and dozens of other ballot questions to vote on. Simply casting a vote for someone not one of the "Major two" lets your voice be heard.

Alot of people have died in this country's history for the right to vote. Not voting is disrespectful of their memory.

A lot of people have fought and died for a lot of peoples rights, yet people will vote for people who deny a right to marry and openly mock women being raped.

We have a right to vote or not vote. Save the guilt trip.

Not voting. As a minister, I feel like my place and concern is inside the church walls and not in political circles. After all, when Jesus was approached on political matters he wanted the people to "render to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." I also feel like, as some have stated, these two running do not reflect the views of the church as a whole, only on sporadic matters, so I won't be backing either.

And before you rant I served this country in the Air Force for 8 years so I reserve my right NOT to vote, lol....I've paid my dues to this country.

A lot of people have fought and died for a lot of peoples rights, yet people will vote for people who deny a right to marry and openly mock women being raped.

And hopefully those people aren't getting elected...

Had you been alive in 1860, the issue would have been slavery. In the 1960s it would have been civil rights.

I'm believe we are a much better country than we were in 1860 or 1960. And partly its because people got off their butts and went to the polls.

We have a right to vote or not vote. Save the guilt trip.

Of course its your right, but I hate the act like people that don't vote are somehow doing something clever, when its really just cynicism/apathy.

Alot of people have died in this country's history for the right to vote. Not voting is disrespectful of their memory.

Yes, and I witnessed some of them when I served in the military. Don't bring stuff like this up when the question of the thread happens to be, "Is there anyone who will NOT vote?" I choose not to vote for the stated reasons. I use to vote, I've fought for this country, because I CHOOSE not to vote now, means nothing when as stated, my vote means exactly that, nothing.

The first time was when I lived in California and they had the voting to keep certain "rights" away from illegals, like getting a driver's license, free medical, etc. It was hugely voted for but the minority that voted against the new law took it to the California Supreme Court, who then decided that the wishes of the people was unconstitutional.

How DARE that piddly little court reject the tyranny of the majority?

The nerve! I swear, it's like they think they're an equal branch of government with a constitutional duty to provide some sort of "check" (or "balance," if you will) on the other branches.

Balderdash!

I wouldn't say it is disrespectful. That is too harsh of a wrong. It isn't about being right or wrong either. The whole point is that in this country we have a right. And if some think not voting is the best thing for them to do, it's all good. But to say they are disrespecting forefathers, ancestors, etc. is a bit too much. :2cents:

people who don't vote only think of themselves, just plain selfish

Well that's stupid.

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 03:17 PM ----------

I'm a pacifist so basically your argument is meaningless to me.

Not voting. As a minister, I feel like my place and concern is inside the church walls and not in political circles. After all, when Jesus was approached on political matters he wanted the people to "render to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." I also feel like, as some have stated, these two running do not reflect the views of the church as a whole, only on sporadic matters, so I won't be backing either.

And before you rant I served this country in the Air Force for 8 years so I reserve my right NOT to vote, lol....I've paid my dues to this country.

Ditto what he said

Agree with MLSkins. Voting is a right that you are not obligated to exercise if you don’t want. Get off the high horse.

Speaking of voting, I was at the game Sunday and took the materials on Question 7 given out by folks the Skins hired because I needed a koozie so my beer would stay cold. I live in Virginia. :-)

Question 7 given out by folks the Skins hired because I needed a koozie so my beer would stay cold. I live in Virginia. :-)

I feel entitled to vote on a measure that has been in my ear 24/7 for the last 3 weeks. What an awesome display of money spent poorly. I too live in VA.

Archived