Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeAngelo WIlliams mocks Redskins' "Homecoming" festivities - says it inspired Panthers

Diss

That's all this team does. Lose practically every year but tells you how great it once was. It's an old man past his prime sitting around bragging to his grandchildren about how much he could bench press back in the day.

**** this team, **** this franchise, **** the stupid homecoming festivities. Stop playing down to the competition, stop sucking.

I happily lived through those glory years, and even I am getting sick of seeing highlights from that period trotted out all the time. After awhile, they no longer inspire good feelings but simply make it so much more apparent how terrible this team and organization is and has been for about 20 years now.

I would so love to see a Redskins team do something documentary-worthy again.

What an edifice to failure FedEx Field continues to be. Reminds me of when Dallas picked US as their homecoming team in 2005 when the "Tadpoles" were getting their big induction.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090388/article/panthers-deangelo-williams-offended-by-redskins

Didnt we beat Dallas at that homecoming for the trio??? Wasn't that the Monday Night Miracle?

I'm barely old enough to remember the "Good old days" and the memories I do have are pretty fuzzy.

To me, the Redskins are a team that sucks year in, year out and continue to find new and inventive ways to parade the old timers around and celebrate the past to keep hope alive.

I'm ****ing sick of it. I'm so tired of hearing how great the glory years were. I hate that we had a "homecoming weekend" charade planned to once again try to create warm fuzzies because the on field product blows ass.

That's all this team does. Lose practically every year but tells you how great it once was. It's an old man past his prime sitting around bragging to his grandchildren about how much he could bench press back in the day.

**** this team, **** this franchise, **** the stupid homecoming festivities. Stop playing down to the competition, stop sucking.

They sell purple jerseys and hats around here. Nothing makes you stay.

~Bang

They sell purple jerseys and hats around here. Nothing makes you stay.

~Bang

I'm more loyal than that. I stuck around for the Orioles since forever, I'm not going to abandon this team.

It's just incredibly frustrating to see this franchise just hold up the glory years to remind people how great it used to be and continually fail to make it that great again.

I'm ****ing sick of it. I'm so tired of hearing how great the glory years were. I hate that we had a "homecoming weekend" charade planned to once again try to create warm fuzzies because the on field product blows ass.

I take it you're not looking forward to 2022 when DeAngelo Hall is recognized as being one of the 90 greatest Redskins :D

I'm barely old enough to remember the "Good old days" and the memories I do have are pretty fuzzy.

To me, the Redskins are a team that sucks year in, year out and continue to find new and inventive ways to parade the old timers around and celebrate the past to keep hope alive.

You do realize that the Ring of Honor is a Redskins' tradition, right? You don't think the guys they inducted deserved to be honored? So it's a mere marketing ploy to induct our 1991 SB MVP QB into the Ring of Honor, or the franchise's second all-time rusher, or the WR who set SB records, or the coach who developed the Hogs, or the GM who built our three SB teams?

It's not like they weren't honored for that very specific purpose. It's not like they just gave them a parade and said, "remember the glory years!" It was a formal induction that happens once in a blue moon.

Geeze.

They were when I lived in North Carolina. Of course that was years ago.

I've lived in Charlotte or the area since the team existed and I don't recall any games being blacked out. I did a google search too and the only game that pops ups was Panthers at the Bucs and that was this year and in Tampa Bay. Not Charlotte.

Didnt we beat Dallas at that homecoming for the trio??? Wasn't that the Monday Night Miracle?

Yes. And ironically, Gibbs used Williams' same reasoning to get the Redskins fired up for that game, saying stuff like, "They're treating us like this is their homecoming game, like we're the team they don't have to worry about beating." Same exact scenario but from the opposite perspective.

Nothing like giving the opposition something else to get them fired up. I'm all for recognizing past greats occasionally, but the term "homecoming" definitely means something different to players than it does to fans. Someone should've thought about that.

Yes. And ironically, Gibbs used Williams' same reasoning to get the Redskins fired up for that game, saying stuff like, "They're treating us like this is their homecoming game, like we're the team they don't have to worry about beating." Same exact scenario but from the opposite perspective.

Nothing like giving the opposition something else to get them fired up. I'm all for recognizing past greats occasionally, but the term "homecoming" definitely means something different to players than it does to fans. Someone should've thought about that.

Sorry, but i'm not buying it. We lost the game because we weren't good enough to make plays. Not because we labeled it a "Homecoming game" vs an "Alumni game"... Once we get the playmakers on this team and we become consistently good, it wouldn't matter if we call every game a homecoming game, we will win. All other excuses is nothing but loser talk, IMO.

Sorry, but i'm not buying it. We lost the game because we weren't good enough to make plays. Not because we labeled it a "Homecoming game" vs an "Alumni game"... Once we get the playmakers on this team and we become consistently good, it wouldn't matter if we call every game a homecoming game, we will win. All other excuses is nothing but loser talk, IMO.

I'm not at all saying this is even remotely the reason we lost the game. We lost because we suck. But there's no doubt that this got the other team fired up to some degree, and that was some sort of contributing factor. Doesn't mean we should hide in the sand, afraid to "offend" or "fire up" another team, but you should also be aware from a marketing standpoint how the materials you put together might affect the psyche of the opposition. And hyping a game specifically as "a homecoming game" is going to bother a lot of these guys who are used to homecoming games being viewed as a superior team vs. a much inferior team.

Oh the tears!

Here's an idea.

want respect?

EARN IT.

Play like **** and allow that crap team to roll over us so easily, then expect to be mocked.

Because we deserve it.

No crying.

No whining.

No anger toward him for being childish.

there's one way to shut him up.

Don't let his **** team walk all over us.

too late for that.

~Bang

I couldn't agree more. I'm sick of this loser ****ing attitude,....whining, bull****. Win the ****ing game and his stupid point of view is never revealed.

I'm not at all saying this is even remotely the reason we lost the game. We lost because we suck. But there's no doubt that this got the other team fired up to some degree, and that was some sort of contributing factor. Doesn't mean we should hide in the sand, afraid to "offend" or "fire up" another team, but you should also be aware from a marketing standpoint how the materials you put together might affect the psyche of the opposition. And hyping a game specifically as "a homecoming game" is going to bother a lot of these guys who are used to homecoming games being viewed as a superior team vs. a much inferior team.
It's funny how almost everyone reading this thread can relate to the Cowboys inducting their big 3 into their ring of fame the weekend they played us and it pissing us off but no one can relate to calling the Carolina game homecoming weekend and it pissing them off.

Diss' post above is on time. Couldn't agree more. GA, let's go with alumni weekend next time, mmkay?

No i understand your point... but don't take this the wrong way (because its not directed to you at ALL), but i can really care less about any of this. I don't care who gets offended or whats used as extra motivation. In the past, teams have verbally trashed our team in the media and taunted us on the field. Did it matter... mmmmm no, because most times we lost. At the end of the day its about the talent on the field. Point blank...

I hate to say it, but I agree with this post (except the last paragraph). It's like they're hiding the fact that we suck.

I happily lived through those glory years, and even I am getting sick of seeing highlights from that period trotted out all the time. After awhile, they no longer inspire good feelings but simply make it so much more apparent how terrible this team and organization is and has been for about 20 years now.

I would so love to see a Redskins team do something documentary-worthy again.

I've been preaching that in multiple posts the last 5 weeks or so. I'm so tired of living in the past. Our SBs were so long ago, nobody really gives a rats ass about them anymore. I get tired of seeing the same SB highlights and would love to add a couple of them to my DVD collection.

• 1 month later...

Archived