Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RGIII - They are going to come calling - Please say no to Madden

eorndorff

Those that use the Drew Breese cover. You do remember, he also had a career high in interceptions, no running game, which is why he had to throw so much. Plus as others brought up, they lost in the first round of the playoffs to a 7-9 team.

Do people really believe in this madden curse bs lol? I would love to see RG3 on the cover, I'd buy the super expensive version

Look at every cover player and then look at every season they had following the cover.

Peyton Hillis - sucked, commitment questioned

Brees - throws 22 interceptions

Polamalu - missed 11 games

Fitzgerald - had one of the worst years of his career

Favre - scandal/injuries/bad season

Young - played in 3 games

Alexander - broken foot

McNabb - one of the worst years

Vick - broken leg

Faulk - never rushed for 1000 yards again

Culpepper - knee injury

etc. etc.

If it's all a coincidence, then whatever. Not willing to take the risk with RG3. lol

Look at every cover player and then look at every season they had following the cover.

Alexander - broken foot

Vick - broken leg

Culpepper - knee injury

etc. etc.

If it's all a coincidence, then whatever. Not willing to take the risk with RG3. lol

Eddie George was the first cover athlete. His game went south very quickly. Ray Lewis also suffered an I injury in 2005 and only played in 6 games.

Yeah it's voted by fans now.

If you're a Redskin fan, do NOT vote for RG3.

I'm voting for Vick, Romo sits to pee, or Eli for the next cover. I'm not generally superstitious, but something is definitely rotten in Denmark with the cover of Madden.

---------- Post added November-3rd-2012 at 07:01 PM ----------

And lets not forget the Campbell's Chunky Soup commercial jinx also.

Philly never went to the game while they did them, and now the jinx is on the Giants.

Campbell's Chunky Soup sucks; well, not really, its actually good, but we're not telling RGIII this...:silly:

Except that Cruz is having a good season so far so...it would seem that Campbell's "jinx" is in your head. ;)

Griff is on the cover of NCAA 13 now.....maybe if he gets the cover of Madden 14 it will reverse the course which is Fed Ex field. anyone know if there has been a player featured on the cover of NCAA and then held the cover to the professional version of the game the following year. ie Griff on the cover of NCAA 13 and then on Madden 14? Would be pretty special to have one of our own be the first! Its not only an accomplishment for RG but an accomplishment for our franchise and their publicity.

The Madden Curse combined with the Fed Ex Curse could open another dimension of bad luck in which the Redskins just vanish off the face of the earth and from history books as if they never existed. I say we give Eli Manning the Madden cover he deserves being a two time Superbowl MVP and all.

Griff is on the cover of NCAA 13 now.....maybe if he gets the cover of Madden 14 it will reverse the course which is Fed Ex field. anyone know if there has been a player featured on the cover of NCAA and then held the cover to the professional version of the game the following year. ie Griff on the cover of NCAA 13 and then on Madden 14? Would be pretty special to have one of our own be the first! Its not only an accomplishment for RG but an accomplishment for our franchise and their publicity.

Following year? No. But Shaun Alexander did do both. NCAA 2001 - Madden 2007

The curse is BS. It is mostly just an example of confirmation bias, plus the fact that to be on Madden you need to have an outstanding year and it is rare to have back to back years of perfect health and high production. There is also clearly a lot of bad luck, but not too much to be considered a coincidence. Nevertheless I will not vote for RG3. Better safe that sorry. When he wins just don't freak out over it.

So a curse is BS, but luck isn't?

---------- Post added November-4th-2012 at 09:14 AM ----------

Alexander - broken foot

Vick - broken leg

Culpepper - knee injury

etc. etc.

Maybe it's a curse, maybe it isn't, but at some point, stuff ceases to be random coincidence.

What's funny is all the psycho babble terms explaining why it's not a curse. lol

There is no such thing as a Madden curse

It's football and players get injured or regress. I'm not saying he will do so, but if he has a "sophomore slump" next year, and he isn't on the cover, people will say NFL adapted to him, et cetera.

But when the cover's involved, and the same thing happens, it's a magical "curse"!

I'll never understand superstition, just can't buy in and subscribe to it. It's so silly to me. Should have died in the days of witch hunts, blood letting and opium as a cure all elixer.

I think Eli would be a good cover boy, or perhaps Clay Mathews, A.J. Green, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, ...or Marshawn Lynch, but there is still half a season left, we'll see. Alfred Morris or RG3 on the cover would be awesome to me..I hope they both continue to impress and have a great season. httr!

^^^ That's a great idea Ldub. Honor some legends on the cover...that'd be sweet to me.

Archived