Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Kevin Garnett-Ray Allen Issue

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

As a Celtic fan, I loved it.

I understand Ray's point: Boston tried to trade me.

I understand (and like better, simply because I like the C's) Garnett's point: Yeah? Well we offered you more money and you went to the enemy. I don't wish ill on you but don't ****ing touch me.

Didn't the Celtics want to trade Allen last season anyways.

Maybe that had something to do with Ray's loyalty to that team.

I mean me personally, it probably wouldn't bother me if he went to some team in the Western Conference.

But going to a rival team you've been beefing with the past couple of years makes it seem like you quit. I know I'd be salty too. I'd tried to go at Ray every chance I got, just because in my eyes I'd see him as a trader.

Its possible that Ray had two major reason to join the Heat. Win another championship and :pooh: on the Celtics in the process.

Allen is not endearing himself to the city of Boston:

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/10/20/3531024/ray-allen-blames-the-boston-celtics-for-his-departure

ow did you deal with all the negativity of you leaving Boston because you chose to come here?

"Well it was just really a shame because on one hand you could say so many great things about me as a player and my impact on the floor, and not only on the floor but off the floor, like we did so many great things in the community — not only as a team, but as individuals — and that was my community and I support it as much as I could. We had some foundation initiatives that we still continue to do, so that doesn’t change me.

It is this next set of comments that I don't really get. I guess this is where Doc says that he doesn't agree with Ray's reasons but they are what they are.

It was a business decision and the team put me in the position where we had to move. We had to go. Miami was a better choice for us based on what the team was doing, so it wasn’t, don’t boo me, boo the team in a sense. Now it’s out of my control. … When this contract situation came down, everybody in my circle — mom, family, brother, sister, friends from college, people who watched me since I was in high school and since I was in college — nobody wanted me to resign in that situation because they thought, ‘There [is] so much left in you and this team isn’t taking care of you or treating you right.’ That’s the way I felt and it was like, if you are going to come and not put out a good contract on the table then, hey, we gotta think about going somewhere else."

I guess from a certain point of view I can see where he would feel like he was almost traded a couple of times and he wasn't featured in the offense as much anymore, but this seems a bit much. He's painting a pretty one sided picture here. It isn't like he is going to be a 1 or 2 option in Miami any more anyway. And again, I don't get why he had to go to Miami of all places. Go to the Spurs, the Thunder, pick a contender other than the Lakers or Heat and I'm all for you.

Now he's telling us not to boo him but to boo the team. Right. I don't know if I'm necessarily going to "boo" him from my living room anyway, but come on now. Whatever. Like Doc said, still hurt, still a little biter, but moving on.

Don't boo me, boo the team? For what, looking at options to trade you? And they didn't offer you a good enough contract? They offered you two years and $12 million. $6 million more than the Heat. Come on, Ray. Really?

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/10/21/3534426/ray-allen-dishes-more-dirt-and-blames-danny-ainge-for-rajon-rondo-rift

Ray Allen is on a roll. Now he's blaming Danny Ainge for his rift with Rajon Rondo and spilling secrets of another trade that didn't go down.

Green doesn’t matter to Miami Heat’s Ray Allen - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com

Allen sat down for three separate one-on-one interviews — with The Miami Herald, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel and the Palm Beach Post — on Thursday to clear the air well before the season opener. He said the friction with Rondo began in 2009 when Rivers and Celtics president Danny Ainge proposed a trade that would have sent Allen and Rondo to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa and the 14th overall pick in the 2010 draft. Allen said that, at the time, Ainge and Rivers "didn’t get along" with Rondo. "So, I called him and I told him, ‘hey they’re supposedly trading us to Phoenix because you and Danny and Doc don’t get along,’ " Allen said. " ‘So, whatever you can do.’ "So, for some reason, I guess he thought that I was … that I had something against him, or there were some issues. And I had no issues with him. I won with him." Now, Allen says if Rondo "had issue with me, that’s on him." "I have a way of going about doing my job that, I want everyone to come and play their hardest and come in and do their job and I can’t, I don’t worry myself with things I can’t control," Allen said.

I'm sorry, but ...he doth protest too much, methinks. It is everyone's fault but his own.

It sounds like Allen isn't accustomed to feeling this much heat (pun sadly intended) and criticism and he's trying to justify himself in any way possible. So what was once an in-house issue, is now his dirty laundry to air however he wants to paint himself in as positive light as he can. Sorry, but I'm not feeling this latest blame game from Allen.

Just once I'd like to hear him take accountability for his part in the Rondo rift. I haven't heard that yet.

Urge to boo rising.

:ols: No one is on the fence. And for those who do? We think it's cute.

I was going to say that. :ols:. If what Ray Allen says is enough to get someone off of the fence towards hating the Heat, after two years of Baby Murdering Lebron and the Triumvirate Of Pure Evil, plus a title, somethings wrong. :ols:.

Archived