Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Perfect Storm, Part II Thread

Sticksboi05

Wasn't there a meteoroligist (or something along those lines) that used to post in these threads name Homercles-something? Wonder what happened to him.

Homercerles82...he hasn't posted since Feb. 2011 probably not on the board any longer...

He was verry big in posting during the winter storm in 2011

For the weather pros:

What are the best websites for tracking the hurricane and getting up to date information?

This is the best site on the internet as far as I'm concerned. However, with all the traffic over there it seems to have crashed. I'm sure it will be up an running again soon though. Lots of professional meteorologists over there with a wealth of knowledge. They have a main weather forum as well as a regional forum so you can read about your specific location.

www.americanwx.com/bb

When there are high winds you want to get all the stuff in your yard that could get tossed around secured. The Derecho threw a fold up chair in to my neighbors' sliding glass door, wasn't pretty. Sticks, wind chimes, tools...also clean your gutters on Sunday.

---------- Post added October-26th-2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

Ji posts (posted) on a ton of DC sports forums.

He was almost always wrong with his weather predictions. :ols:

Ji was the clumsiest poster of all time. One of the most ego-crushing threads ever made was one of his threads. "Okay, so this chick has got me" (or something to that effect).

When there are high winds you want to get all the stuff in your yard that could get tossed around secured. The Derecho threw a fold up chair in to my neighbors' sliding glass door, wasn't pretty. Sticks, wind chimes, tools...also clean your gutters on Sunday.

---------- Post added October-26th-2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

Ji was the clumsiest poster of all time. One of the most ego-crushing threads ever made was one of his threads. "Okay, so this chick has got me" (or something to that effect).

i thought that was jthor?

I don't see how it would be any worse than when they call for 1-2 feet of snow. As far as water bottle are concerned.

1-2 feet of snow doesn't have a history of widespead power outages...at least in MD. BGE and Pepco don't exactly have the best record. Right now there's still tons of trees with lots of leaves still on them. Add in a soaked ground and high winds, and a lot of trees will be coming down on power lines.

1-2 feet of snow doesn't have a history of widespead power outages...at least in MD. BGE and Pepco don't exactly have the best record. Right now there's still tons of trees with lots of leaves still on them. Add in a soaked ground and high winds, and a lot of trees will be coming down on power lines.

I'd dispute that. The snowstorm that hit after the Blizzard of 2010 caused 100'000s of power outages in the Mid-Atlantic. '96, '03, '09, '10 you name it, blizzards cause tons of power outages. Different reasons of course but I was simply referring to the fact that water bottles will be in as little supply as they are when we are under a blizzard warning expecting 2 feet of snow with 40-50 mph gusts.

I'd dispute that. The snowstorm that hit after the Blizzard of 2010 caused 100'000s of power outages in the Mid-Atlantic. '96, '03, '09, '10 you name it, blizzards cause tons of power outages. Different reasons of course but I was simply referring to the fact that water bottles will be in as little supply as they are when we are under a blizzard warning expecting 2 feet of snow with 40-50 mph gusts.

Also, the fact that sometimes you cant get out of the house for days at a time, even with the power, water bottles are key.

Archived