Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: There Will Be Blood

E-Dog Night

There Will Be Blood

10-19-jpp-4_3_r560.jpg

:helmet:

The National Football League is not like other organizations. It does not operate out in the open. It is not a highly ethical organization that touts transparency as one of its guiding principles.

The owners who make up the majority of governing body of the NFL operate under a set of nebulous, whispered agreements made behind closed doors between very wealthy and powerful caucasian males. Like the Mafia, or the Senate.

I always try to remember that when my keen sense of injustice goes in to overdrive regarding New York Giants owner John Mara and his nefarious abuse of power as Chairman of the NFL Management Committee.

In any other organization–one with checks, balances and regulations–his spearheading of the salary cap penalty against two different teams in his own division would have at the very least constituted a conflict of interest. In some of the more stringent governing bodies, such as those overseeing the legal profession or the world of finance, he probably would have had to step down from his position while possibly facing criminal charges.

In the NFL however, this colluding one-percenter gets to put his underhanded schemes into action, and then goes in front of reporters and arrogantly announces that the targets of his sabotage “were lucky” that his punishments were not more severe.

Like many men who have experienced a lifetime of silk sheets and silver spoons, Mr. Mara is so completely out of touch with the realities of the common man that he had no idea his words sounded nauseating in their high-handedness. He sincerely felt he was being a benevolent ruler, unaware that the NFL media and fan base viewed him more like a Nero.

Mara acted as if the Redskins owed him a big "thank you" for just cutting off a finger rather than severing the whole hand.

To add further insult to injury, he took the Redskins’ money and gave it to himself and most of the other NFL teams. Just rubbing our faces in it, and laughing all the way to his Super Bowl trophy case of the team that his daddy gave to him.

There are certain unwritten rules in organizations like the NFL. It’s a boys club, and the boys make their own rules, many times as they go along. If you break the rules, the boys will meet in the treehouse and decide the punishment.

Nothing you can do about it except get really ****ing mad...and then get even on the football field.

This brings us to the players, who operate entirely out in the open. They talk, they tweet, and they verbally accost their opponents any chance they get. They try to get inside the head of the opposing team in an effort to attain whatever advantage they can. There’s a fine line between creating bulletin board material and getting a player thinking about the opponent rather than how they will execute their gameplan.

As the defending Super Bowl champions, the Giants have earned the right to talk a little trash (unlike Seattle CB Richard Sherman, who has won exactly nothing and is a complete jackass). The New York trash talker de rigueur is–and has been for some time now–Osi Umenyiora. His feelings were clearly a little hurt when a certain rookie QB from Baylor University started getting all the NFC East attention, and he had to engage in a little playground teasing.

“Who is this RG3 guy you guys keep talking about?” Umenyiora said back in July. “You talking about Bob Griffin? You guys are giving him a cool nickname already and everything…right now he’s Bob Griffin.”

After six games, Bob is leading all NFL quarterbacks in completion percentage and has people benching Tom Brady on their fantasy teams. So Osi–being Osi–had to open his mouth again and decided to try a backhanded slap this time.

“Sir. His name is Sir Robert Griffin”, quipped Umenyiora yesterday, calling Griffin a “phenomenal football player”.

Don’t be fooled. That wasn’t a compliment, even if he said a bunch of nice things about the 76-yard run and so forth. This was just another example of one football player trying to get in the head of another.

If you want to know what the Giants would really like to do to RG3, listen to Jason Pierre-Paul, regarding Griffin’s runs: “Don’t bring it to my side,” Pierre-Paul said. “Go the other way.”

In other words, they want to hit the rookie in the mouth and quiet the hype.

What all this leads to is a football game with that rarest of qualities: a ton of genuine animosity amongst the players for one another. The Redskins players were justifiably angry at Mara’s salary cap theft, because it directly took money out of their pockets, and it kept the Skins for signing a free agent or two who could have made their team better.

In New York, arrogance abounds. New Yorkers tend to adopt a snobby, obnoxious attitude simply on the basis of where they live, and nowhere is it more obvious than listening to a Giants fan talk about his undying man-love for Eli, and how Tom Coughlin should be fired because there’s a better coach out there somewhere. The Giants players are almost as condescending, wantonly taking potshots at the Redskins in the media, and the owner tells us we’re lucky that he allowed us to keep our draft picks while taking $36M in cap space

And oh yeah - first place in the NFC East is on the line. In an NFL era where big hits are harder to come by than at any point in the game’s history, Sunday’s game between the Redskins and the Giants could be a bloody affair.

Let’s hope the blood spilled runs blue.

One thing I am counting on is Griffin staying level-headed and keeping his team focused on the game. I say let the Giants do the talkin', hype it up, make their plots and plans, and let Sir Robert do what he does best- play QB at a phenomenal level, with smarts, with speed, with character.

the main match up i will be looking at is JPP vs Trent. I think there is already some bad blood btwn the two, but with JPP running his trap about "don't run to myside" could add even more fuel to the flame. I can't wait for this game because, at this point i probably hate the Giants as much as the Cowboys.. Perhaps a tad bit more (and that says alot)! They're a good team, but just about everything about them has become annoying. From the owner down to alot of their fans. Eff Mara and Eff the Giants!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Well written. In many ways this is as huge a game as this team has played in for many years.

Fighting for first place

RG3's first test against an NFC East opponent

Mara gate

many in the media are talking about this game as THE game this week. In every way this team needs to be prepared for battle on Sunday.

Just add a little bit to that excellent piece:

Mara knew his vagiants were going to be over the cap in 2012. So he opted to abuse his power by reaching out to the other 29 owners and concocting some sort of BS penalty to punish the #1 and #2 most valuable franchises.

What's ironic is that even after Mara stole the cap room his vagiants were STILL over the cap before the deadline.

lol. that scene is classic.

btw, apparently by coincidence, the preacher in that movie who gets beaten to death with a bowling pin? his name is 'eli'.

Yep! When I remembered that I knew I had to post it. I wish it included the scene where Danial beats him to death with a bowling pin.

Well written. I like the Mafia and Senate analogies. It's clear that we hate Mara and the entire organization. I don't need to say **** Mara for the millionth time. Oh, I just did. Did anything happen when the Giants were over the cap past the deadline? I don't think so, at least I didn't hear anything. Remember when we were on pins and needles waiting to see if London would be signed? If it weren't for the cap I don't think it would have gone on for so long. Even though he's a class act, I'll bet he's pissed. Even with RG3 at the helm, the Redskins aren't getting respect as a team. Let's go out and win this game, earn respect in the league and put Mara in his place. There's nothing I want more right now than to see the Giants drop to an 0-3 division record. Hail!

lol. that scene is classic.

btw, apparently by coincidence, the preacher in that movie who gets beaten to death with a bowling pin? his name is 'eli'.

There is no coincidence. The Monday night miracle game is the last time I bought a new big TV, yeah sometime ago. I am buying a new Big TV on Saturday for the game on Sunday. There is no coincidence, there is no superstition, just karma running over the Giant Dogma.

Well written. In many ways this is as huge a game as this team has played in for many years.

Fighting for first place

RG3's first test against an NFC East opponent

Mara gate

many in the media are talking about this game as THE game this week. In every way this team needs to be prepared for battle on Sunday.

Man reading stuff like this makes me more and more amp for the game.

It might be the Homer in me but I really believe we will win this game in convincing fashion. I know NFCE games are tough but between the Giants ****iness and Robert's leadership, the Redskins will beat the **** out of the Giants. HTTR!

I love the fact that the Giants are talking so much ****, and that not a single reporter, or commentator is choosing the Skins to win this game. The team is going to come out and smash the vagiants right in the mouth.

Skip Bayless predicted we would win this morning. This is like the Saints game in that virtually no one gives us a shot, but they have 6 games of video to devise a plan. The Giants are a schizo team and when things go bad for them it goes bad quickly. This is our biggest game in 5 years, but losing it won't be the end of the world, a perspective I hope many realize if things don't go our way. I want us to destroy the Giants even moreso then the Cowboys and wouldn't mind if Shanahan went Belichick and ran it up on them. **** the Giants, **** Mara, just **** em'.

Archived