Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Park: Quotes - Mike Shanahan

Mark The Homer

It really is no use to make assumptions about how an athlete is handling an injury. Every individual is different and injuries themselves are independent to that particular person. We have no clue how much the injury is or is not hurting, so why argue?

Both sides could be right though.

I could be wrong, but I think a lot of people who criticize players who are injured have either never played or coached the game themselves and/or have never had to deal with a sports injury themselves hence they come off as over critical and rely on 1 of the 2 same arguments: the player is a wuss or the player gets paid enough to play through, showing a severe lack of understanding for actual impact of injuries.

Are you not aware that the more money you make, the more pain your body can tolerate? In a game played by professional athletes who are the best at what they do in the world, why would an injury to a guy's foot matter? He just needs to man up. It's not like his job description includes planting, cutting or accelerating quickly, all of which are done through his feet. Besides, if it is slowing him down, it's not like it matters because it's not as if the guys he's playing against are also athletically gifted and can take advantage of his slower play.

(End sarcasm).

These guys' bodies are like fine-tuned high end cars in a race. One thing wrong - even relatively minor issues, and they simply cannot perform as expected or up to the level of those they are competing against. Garcon is one helluva player and I love the pickup, but if he's hurt, he's hurt. It's as simple as that. Nothing leads me to believe he's soft in any way shape or form. In fact, he's our most physically intimidating receiver, both in stature and the way he plays. He doesn't seem to fear anyone and invites contact in the passing and run blocking areas of his game. If he's not playing, it's part him but also part the coaches - why would they send him out there if he can't play at a high level, is going to take snaps from guys that would perform better to help the team on that day, and ultimately delay him from getting back to full health?

I don't understand why it's so difficult for some people to just use logic and common sense...

Edit: Garcon is clearly a guy who is young and hungry to prove himself as he has his whole career. He's a small school guy who made it to the NFL and then proved he deserved playing time and passes from Peyton Manning. Why would anyone question his will to play. Do people really think he's just like "Eh, my foot kinda hurts, I won't play this week."? These guys train their asses off year round and practice every day for a 16 game season. A strong majority of players in the NFL are not going to skip games if they can go, it's not only their livelihood, but it is still a game, and one that they thoroughly enjoy playing.

Speaking of quotes, just caught a replay of Shanahan's Coach's Show where he dresses down Charles Mann's "Hot Seat" comments. "That's football 101..." was Shanahan's reply after Mann says they've got to pressure the quarterback more. Ouch. Really highlights the difference between what fans, "analysts" on S-PIN, and even players see versus the coaches.

Strangely, I really like the Coach's Show. I didn't think I would, but Shanahan lets you in just enough to let you know you have no clue how complicated his job is.

what you fail to understand is in most cases with age comes wisdom....

Apparently not in your case when you keep asserting that millions of dollars somehow negate an injury or when you have to rely on brining age up in an argument.

Now had you provided details of your experience with injury, at what level, and why that qualifies your opinion on the matter, THEN your age argument would be a "relevant experience" argument, and would actually matter, you know, like the ones myself and NLC were using. We are actually talking about having played sports and understanding the constant pressure Garcon's job is putting on his injury, meanwhile you throw out the contract thing, essentially with the assertion of "sucking it up," use your age as an argument, and then say "I've had ankle/foot injury" before, though ankle injury isn't the same and your previous comments show a severe lack of understanding Garcon's injury.

And throwing out "acting like you know everything" to 2 different posters now who disagree with you on 1 subject, is lame.

and hey, what would Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne know? http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/02/02/manning-heaps-praise-on-collie-garcon-2

Excuse me but I have had sports related foot and ankle my comment was made based on a 42 million dollar contract even if he is out there to be no more than to make the defense think about him would be a asset. Actually whats lame is you acting like you know everything when actually you know nothing about who I am what I have done using age isn't lame because what you fail to understand is in most cases with age comes wisdom....

We have a lot of depth at wide receiver these days. There's no reason to play Garcon when he's really ailing because we have other guys who can get the job done without merely serving as decoys. Leonard Hankerson, Josh Morgan, Santana Moss, and Aldrick Robinson are all going to be more dangerous than Pierre Garcon if he's only 75%.

On a different note, wisdom does come with age but how much and what type of wisdom varies pretty dramatically from person to person. It would be foolish of anyone to assume that there isn't someone younger who is also wiser in some ways or that all older persons are necessarily wiser in all ways. The simple fact of the matter is that you're really not representing yourself very well in this thread.

:

Apparently not in your case when you keep asserting that millions of dollars somehow negate an injury or when you have to rely on brining age up in an argument.

Now had you provided details of your experience with injury, at what level, and why that qualifies your opinion on the matter, THEN your age argument would be a "relevant experience" argument, and would actually matter, you know, like the ones myself and NLC were using. We are actually talking about having played sports and understanding the constant pressure Garcon's job is putting on his injury, meanwhile you throw out the contract thing, essentially with the assertion of "sucking it up," use your age as an argument, and then say "I've had ankle/foot injury" before, though ankle injury isn't the same and your previous comments show a severe lack of understanding Garcon's injury.

And throwing out "acting like you know everything" to 2 different posters now who disagree with you on 1 subject, is lame.

and hey, what would Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne know? http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/02/02/manning-heaps-praise-on-collie-garcon-2

Well considering I played NFL football with Vencie Glenn and Erik McMillan I believe allows me to garner certain opinions also since I now coach football as well. However I don't like coming off as a crass know it all that needs to put my accomplishments out for all to see. God forbid a simple statement that I made regarding 42 million reasons is such a statement that comes off like I know it all? No maybe the posters that took that simple assessment out of context needs to stop overreacting I mean what is it that time of the month? Some players play with MCL and ACL tears and I can't make a comment regarding what the media and Shanny has said is nothing more than the sore foot?. Also the fact that Shanahan hasn't been that open regarding injuries also puts clouds upon this injury. But I am sorry I somehow offended you your 30 years and 10177 posts qualify you as a expert in how to take posts and then quantify your position that I know everything......No I don't know everything but I am willing to bet a wooden nickle I know more than you and the other person that misunderstood my post............:rolleyes:

Lastly surely because Manning and Wayne make a statement it surely has to be 100 factual too huh? Jesus what loony logic transcends the year 2012...........:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

---------- Post added October-14th-2012 at 12:26 AM ----------

We have a lot of depth at wide receiver these days. There's no reason to play Garcon when he's really ailing because we have other guys who can get the job done without merely serving as decoys. Leonard Hankerson, Josh Morgan, Santana Moss, and Aldrick Robinson are all going to be more dangerous than Pierre Garcon if he's only 75%.

On a different note, wisdom does come with age but how much and what type of wisdom varies pretty dramatically from person to person. It would be foolish of anyone to assume that there isn't someone younger who is also wiser in some ways or that all older persons are necessarily wiser in all ways. The simple fact of the matter is that you're really not representing yourself very well in this thread.

I pretty much agree however I haven't read nor heard of this injury to Garcon being nothing more than a "sore upper" foot. I mean considering our depth still seems to be in question doesn't really negate what defenses would do knowing Garcon is out on the field even as a decoy are defenses more scared of a Garcon or a Hankerson that isn't known as a speed receiver Robinson who is up and coming Moss who has lost a step or Morgan who the jury is still out on but doesn't have too much of a reputation other than being injury prone? Garcon missed how many weeks prior to him coming back and playing? I also didn't hear of any setback regarding this phantom foot injury because I still haven't heard or read anything on when he did in fact hurt it. I all recall is speculation I saw him dart for an 80 run for TD then boom he's injured.......

:

I pretty much agree however I haven't read nor heard of this injury to Garcon being nothing more than a "sore upper" foot. I mean considering our depth still seems to be in question doesn't really negate what defenses would do knowing Garcon is out on the field even as a decoy are defenses more scared of a Garcon or a Hankerson that isn't known as a speed receiver Robinson who is up and coming Moss who has lost a step or Morgan who the jury is still out on but doesn't have too much of a reputation other than being injury prone? Garcon missed how many weeks prior to him coming back and playing? I also didn't hear of any setback regarding this phantom foot injury because I still haven't heard or read anything on when he did in fact hurt it. I all recall is speculation I saw him dart for an 80 run for TD then boom he's injured.......

What are you saying though? All I can decipher is that you're questioning his injury and why he's not playing. Again, do you really think the guy is not hurt and he's just not playing. As in he doesn't want to be in the field or Shanahan doesn't want him out there or something?

And of course Shanahan is not going to just come out and say exactly what is going on. He, and most other good coaches in this league, do not step up to the podium and start gushing 100% truths and facts to the media like Jim Zorn. If you did play in the league and are a coach, I think you would probably understand that it's often better to just keep things in house and within the team. I'm sure at the end of the season we'll find out plenty about the actual injury...

:

Well considering I played NFL football with Vencie Glenn and Erik McMillan I believe allows me to garner certain opinions also since I now coach football as well. However I don't like coming off as a crass know it all that needs to put my accomplishments out for all to see. God forbid a simple statement that I made regarding 42 million reasons is such a statement that comes off like I know it all? No maybe the posters that took that simple assessment out of context needs to stop overreacting I mean what is it that time of the month? Some players play with MCL and ACL tears and I can't make a comment regarding what the media and Shanny has said is nothing more than the sore foot?. Also the fact that Shanahan hasn't been that open regarding injuries also puts clouds upon this injury. But I am sorry I somehow offended you your 30 years and 10177 posts qualify you as a expert in how to take posts and then quantify your position that I know everything......No I don't know everything but I am willing to bet a wooden nickle I know more than you and the other person that misunderstood my post...........

Lastly surely because Manning and Wayne make a statement it surely has to be 100 factual too huh? Jesus what loony logic transcends the year 2012.....

Wow, so you still don't realize that your 42 million comment makes you come off as blatantly ignorant of the impact of Garcon's injury. And sorry man, had you started out saying you had NFL experience, and not displayed such a crass attitude and tried to use age and post count to bolster your argument, then I'd take you at your word, but given all that I'm currently doubtful of your claim, and I generally take people at their word on here.

I never said you offended me. Pretending that you have reveals insecurity on your part. You're the one who has been accusing other posters of acting like know-it-alls, so you don't get to flip around and play victim and try and claim I am calling you a know it all, which I haven't.

The "that time of the month" comment is just another ridiculous statement among several you've made in here.

You still won't even consider the type of injury Garcon has or how it literally impacts everything he does at his position. Plus, being a "wuss" the summation of your argument against Garcon, doesn't fit his profile. The comments from Manning and Wayne were made in the playoffs, after the reporter had even said the two had been reluctant all season to heap any praise. They are teammates, and Peyton doesn't have the rep of a liar, so it seems to me he'd wouldn't intentionally say Garcon is dedicated and a hard worker if it weren't true, and Shanny and other coaches said the same of Garcon when he came in.

Garcon's profile doesn't match your simplistic assertion that he is just being a wuss. Your attitude towards others in here, trying to use age and post count to disprove another poster, trying to claim others called you a know-it-all when you have labeled 2 other posters as such, the "time of the month" comment, show me that your opinion on this matter would isn't worth jack squat, much less a wooden nickle.

Wow, so you still don't realize that your 42 million comment makes you come off as blatantly ignorant of the impact of Garcon's injury. And sorry man, had you started out saying you had NFL experience, and not displayed such a crass attitude and tried to use age and post count to bolster your argument, then I'd take you at your word, but given all that I'm currently doubtful of your claim, and I generally take people at their word on here.

I never said you offended me. Pretending that you have reveals insecurity on your part. You're the one who has been accusing other posters of acting like know-it-alls, so you don't get to flip around and play victim and try and claim I am calling you a know it all, which I haven't.

The "that time of the month" comment is just another ridiculous statement among several you've made in here.

You still won't even consider the type of injury Garcon has or how it literally impacts everything he does at his position. Plus, being a "wuss" the summation of your argument against Garcon, doesn't fit his profile. The comments from Manning and Wayne were made in the playoffs, after the reporter had even said the two had been reluctant all season to heap any praise. They are teammates, and Peyton doesn't have the rep of a liar, so it seems to me he'd wouldn't intentionally say Garcon is dedicated and a hard worker if it weren't true, and Shanny and other coaches said the same of Garcon when he came in.

Garcon's profile doesn't match your simplistic assertion that he is just being a wuss. Your attitude towards others in here, trying to use age and post count to disprove another poster, trying to claim others called you a know-it-all when you have labeled 2 other posters as such, the "time of the month" comment, show me that your opinion on this matter would isn't worth jack squat, much less a wooden nickle.

He's saying that for the money we pay Garçon, he should tough it out and I agree especially since basically all we have heard from Shanahan is that it's "sore." Well I'm sure if Trent or Fred or DHall missed time because their foot was "sore" more people would be criticizing them but Garçon is one of the new toys this year so he gets the pass for now.

I'm not criticizing Garçon but he really shouldnt be missing this much time unless the injury is much more serious than we have been told and which I believe is the case actually. Trent was a warrior last week on a bad leg that is every bit as important to OL as foot is to WR. He can't get a cortisone shot so he can't feel it during games? Seems to work for everything else.

Also the "he makes 'x' amount of money, he should do 'x'" is used all the time on here I don't know why suddenly everyone turned into Roger Goodell in lawsuit mode and is so appalled by comments like that and has to speak to the seriousness of and repercussions playing injured.

You shouldn't tough it out, on a foot that's been nagging you all season, if there is a very good chance that you could re-injure it even further without rest. I'd agree that a player should tough it out, when he does not risk further injury by playing, and the injury itself doesn't affect his ability to play at a high level at his position, giving his team their best chance to win. How much a player is getting paid should have nothing to do with how that player should approach an injury like Garcon's. The guy's got a bad wheel, and sometimes those things just have to be managed closely, and take more time to heal than everyone would like. And I don't think a receiver running routes on a numb foot would do any good as well.

Malcomb > Garcon :doh:
yeah, I know, I know....but I can't help feeling he's a bit soft at this point....sounds like its just pain and he cant deal w it. Plus we all saw the video of him dancing after the Saints game.

Seriously man? Garcon has done more in his NFL life and does not deserve such fan dismissal or disrespect. Have you ever had a bruised heal or foot injury such as plantar fasciitis? It is extremely painful to walk on let alone make full speed cuts as a professional athlete. The guy has already shown what he can bring to this offense. HE is hurt give him a break and let him heal. Comparing him to Malcomb is disrespectful IMO.

I'm not criticizing Garçon but he really shouldnt be missing this much time unless the injury is much more serious than we have been told and which I believe is the case actually. Trent was a warrior last week on a bad leg that is every bit as important to OL as foot is to WR. He can't get a cortisone shot so he can't feel it during games? Seems to work for everything else.

Also the "he makes 'x' amount of money, he should do 'x'" is used all the time on here I don't know why suddenly everyone turned into Roger Goodell in lawsuit mode and is so appalled by comments like that and has to speak to the seriousness of and repercussions playing injured.

Umm, saying Garcon should "tough it out" is a direct criticism of him, so you shouldn't try and deny that.

Also, the "money means play through all injuries" is indeed used all the time on here, and in many cases people still assert that it is a ridiculous statement while others assert that it is perfectly reasonable.

Tell me, since none of "suck it up Garcon" folks can answer this so far: what about Garcon's history or comments about him make you think he's purposefully just sitting out? Do you all even realize that he has been playing games? Why would he play in games and just now go out a game? You all simply read "pain tolerance" and assume that if he isn't playing or questionable, then it's simply him being a wuss, which is ridiculous. Nothing about his style of play or dedication thus far says that would be true.

A cortisone shot helps, but only so much. The ball of your foot takes a lot of direct pressure and has a lot more sensitivity in than your leg. Like I said, you have to understand Garcon's injury. I even cited other players who were similarly affected by such an injury. Shanahan even said it was like turf toe but for your foot. Turf toe can be gotten over in a few weeks or it can IR a player like it did Helu.

Nobody has turned into Roger Goodell, spare me the silly exaggerations, they only weaken your overall argument.

To wisen some of you up to the injury:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004438/

key parts: Plantar fasciitis occurs when the thick band of tissue on the bottom of the foot is overstretched or overused. This can be painful and make walking more difficult

The pain is usually worse after intense activity

The pain may develop slowly over time, or suddenly after intense activity.

Treatment can last from several months to 2 years before symptoms get better. Most patients feel better in 9 months. Some people need surgery to relieve the pain.

Actually I have had several foot and ankle injuries. But I guess at what 25 years old and 4.637 posts you know everything right....

Coach you keep bringing up age and post counts, I don't think validates you're credibility. You are suggesting that you know more than everyone here because you played and Coach now, but you are so naive to make this judgement from afar without having any inside or detailed knowledge of this particular injury. That is amazing to me considering you're vast and superior experience. It leads me to the conclusion that you are the type of Coach that would push this player to play and risk long term disability and basically career suicide. I have seen that in my experience and it goes beyond selfish and moves over to general stupidity displaying a complete lack of compassion for a team member.

If he's had sports injuries and you haven't, then in this case yes.

btw, trying to use age to win an argument is pretty lame

I'm 30 and have over 10k posts, so I better meet your "lolifications"

A foot injury, especially in the ball which is where you plant your foot every time when running and cutting, can severely impact your performance. While NFL players recover faster, they also have to perform at a high level, so any lessening of that cuts their performance down. A WR has to rely on speed and cuts, so Garcon is hitting the impacted area every time, all day long, so there's more to it than the overly-simplistic view of "suck it up." This isn't a hang nail.

I have posted about my foot tissue, sports related, foot injury on here before. As I said earlier, it hurt more than my two knee surgeries and torn rotator cuff surgery. I had to crawl to bathroom, literally, in the mornings. I took 6 to 8 months to become tolerable. I cannot explain how badly it hurt. It was exquisite pain. HTTR :helmet:

I have had PF and spent thousands on shoes to alleviate the pain just to walk pain free. Also, There have been some extremely stupid and naive posts in this thread, the two below are perfect examples of the polar opposite of them......

You shouldn't tough it out, on a foot that's been nagging you all season, if there is a very good chance that you could re-injure it even further without rest. I'd agree that a player should tough it out, when he does not risk further injury by playing, and the injury itself doesn't affect his ability to play at a high level at his position, giving his team their best chance to win. How much a player is getting paid should have nothing to do with how that player should approach an injury like Garcon's. The guy's got a bad wheel, and sometimes those things just have to be managed closely, and take more time to heal than everyone would like. And I don't think a receiver running routes on a numb foot would do any good as well.
Umm, saying Garcon should "tough it out" is a direct criticism of him, so you shouldn't try and deny that.

Tell me, since none of "suck it up Garcon" folks can answer this so far: what about Garcon's history or comments about him make you think he's purposefully just sitting out?

The ball of your foot takes a lot of direct pressure and has a lot more sensitivity in than your leg. Like I said, you have to understand Garcon's injury.

To wisen some of you up to the injury:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004438/

key parts: Plantar fasciitis occurs when the thick band of tissue on the bottom of the foot is overstretched or overused. This can be painful and make walking more difficult

The pain is usually worse after intense activity

The pain may develop slowly over time, or suddenly after intense activity.

Treatment can last from several months to 2 years before symptoms get better. Most patients feel better in 9 months. Some people need surgery to relieve the pain.

It took me four months and I don't even run much other than coaching various sports. I ride a bike for cardio because I can't take the impact to my foot, still.

---------- Post added October-14th-2012 at 09:36 AM ----------

I have posted about my foot tissue' date=' sports related, foot injury on here before. As I said earlier, it hurt more than my two knee surgeries and torn rotator cuff surgery. I had to crawl to bathroom, literally, in the mornings. I took 6 to 8 months to become tolerable. I cannot explain how badly it hurt. It was exquisite pain. HTTR :helmet:[/quote']

I had PF and a kidney stone at the same time, I know about the bathroom crawl. I consider myself and most who know me as extremely pain tolerant. Those two together were the most pain I have ever endured, consider I was once ran over by a truck.

Are you not aware that the more money you make, the more pain your body can tolerate? In a game played by professional athletes who are the best at what they do in the world, why would an injury to a guy's foot matter? He just needs to man up. It's not like his job description includes planting, cutting or accelerating quickly, all of which are done through his feet. Besides, if it is slowing him down, it's not like it matters because it's not as if the guys he's playing against are also athletically gifted and can take advantage of his slower play.

(End sarcasm).

These guys' bodies are like fine-tuned high end cars in a race. One thing wrong - even relatively minor issues, and they simply cannot perform as expected or up to the level of those they are competing against. Garcon is one helluva player and I love the pickup, but if he's hurt, he's hurt. It's as simple as that. Nothing leads me to believe he's soft in any way shape or form. In fact, he's our most physically intimidating receiver, both in stature and the way he plays. He doesn't seem to fear anyone and invites contact in the passing and run blocking areas of his game. If he's not playing, it's part him but also part the coaches - why would they send him out there if he can't play at a high level, is going to take snaps from guys that would perform better to help the team on that day, and ultimately delay him from getting back to full health?

I don't understand why it's so difficult for some people to just use logic and common sense...

Edit: Garcon is clearly a guy who is young and hungry to prove himself as he has his whole career. He's a small school guy who made it to the NFL and then proved he deserved playing time and passes from Peyton Manning. Why would anyone question his will to play. Do people really think he's just like "Eh, my foot kinda hurts, I won't play this week."? These guys train their asses off year round and practice every day for a 16 game season. A strong majority of players in the NFL are not going to skip games if they can go, it's not only their livelihood, but it is still a game, and one that they thoroughly enjoy playing.

THIS. Nice post Moondog. If you were playing sports when you had this injury (those that have claimed it), do you remember how debilitating it was, really? Hell, I just played NAIA football, and at that MUCH lower level I was TOTALLY shelved-not kidding. The NFL players are in a whole different class physically. If you remember playing it's funny; the Oline and dline (the most crucial parts, but a different story) can kind of get by with an injury such as this. As a WR, RB, or DB you are dead in the water.

I have posted about my foot tissue' date=' sports related, foot injury on here before. As I said earlier, it hurt more than my two knee surgeries and torn rotator cuff surgery. I had to crawl to bathroom, literally, in the mornings. I took 6 to 8 months to become tolerable. I cannot explain how badly it hurt. It was exquisite pain. HTTR :helmet:[/quote']

I had a minor case of it in HS. Limped for 2 weeks, and had to ease back into running for another 2. After that I was good and it never recurred thankfully, but that was just a minor case. More serious cases are brutal, as you point out. Rehabbing a slightly torn acl and mcl took longer, but the acute pain during early rehab and pt wasn't as bad as it was with the foot.

Excuse me but I have had sports related foot and ankle my comment was made based on a 42 million dollar contract even if he is out there to be no more than to make the defense think about him would be a asset. Actually whats lame is you acting like you know everything when actually you know nothing about who I am what I have done using age isn't lame because what you fail to understand is in most cases with age comes wisdom....

You are wrong on so many levels. I didn't know a guy with a bad wheel would be an "asset" (as you suggested in another post) considering how much he depends on those "wheels" to play the position such as cutting, stop and go, blocking, etc. He would be hurting the team if he isn't able to perform at a high level.

Apparently "wisdom" (RE:Your pot shot at elk) bypassed you as you have aged.

The bottom line on all this is that none of us have enough information to make any reasoned judgement on Garçons injury but I am sure it's even more frustrating for him than us. Given his history and production in the NFL I have a hard time thinking he is getting back anything other than as fast as he can.

I expect him to play today but at less than 100%.

How ironic that he got injured on the 88 yd TD play. Ironic, and just bad luck.

I would like to see Briscoe get a shot and just sit Pierre at this point. Even as a decoy, I think our WR passing game is still suffering. I wonder if Briscoe is in Shanny's dog house but I am starting to expect to see him with no catches this year. Our leading WR only has 14 catches. Sure we spread the ball around, but I feel like we are going to need a #1 to step up otherwise III is just going to get too much pressure. I wouldnt mind seeing Moss moved there unless we have someone better. Aldrick is not quite ready to be #1.

How ironic that he got injured on the 88 yd TD play. Ironic, and just bad luck.

I would like to see Briscoe get a shot and just sit Pierre at this point. Even as a decoy, I think our WR passing game is still suffering. I wonder if Briscoe is in Shanny's dog house but I am starting to expect to see him with no catches this year. Our leading WR only has 14 catches. Sure we spread the ball around, but I feel like we are going to need a #1 to step up otherwise III is just going to get too much pressure. I wouldnt mind seeing Moss moved there unless we have someone better. Aldrick is not quite ready to be #1.

You didn't mention Hankerson. I do agree we have some depth there and I would like to see some of it. I also would love to see Briscoe run down the sideline or grab a fade in the endzone.

The bottom line on all this is that none of us have enough information to make any reasoned judgement on Garçons injury.

True...but I actually think that some of Mike Shanahans earlier comments on the injury did leave the door open for a few to jump on the 'he's being soft' bandwagon.

Not saying that's the right thing to do, but I thinks that's what happened in some cases.

Now, if he'd just come out and said it was an 'owey', we'd all know where we stood......:ols:

True...but I actually think that some of Mike Shanahans earlier comments on the injury did leave the door open for a few to jump on the 'he's being soft' bandwagon.

Not saying that's the right thing to do' date=' but I thinks that's what happened in some cases.

Now, if he'd just come out and said it was an 'owey', we'd all know where we stood......:ols:[/quote']

That's what kind of had me miffed at Shanhan's comments when Garcon first got the injury. It seemed to me that he he was subtley calling Garcon soft, syaing that his availability would simply depend on how how much pain he could tolerate, or saying that he seemed fine. He just seems hell bent on being purposefully vague when discussing certain injuries, leaving th edoor open for people to occasionally come to their own conclusions about certain players heart, toughness, or lack thereof.

Actually I have had several foot and ankle injuries. But I guess at what 25 years old and 4.637 posts you know everything right....

Dude, I not only find you abrasive in you're posting context, but the ignorance associated with the claimed experience is astounding. You sir are the type of coach that would allow a player to push himself into furthering an injury to the extent of causing permanent disability or career ending disability. And don't act like Shanahan and the Redskins are required or should be as detailed and forthcoming as you expect about injuries.

---------- Post added October-14th-2012 at 11:07 AM ----------

That's what kind of had me miffed at Shanhan's comments when Garcon first got the injury. It seemed to me that he he was subtley calling Garcon soft, syaing that his availability would simply depend on how how much pain he could tolerate, or saying that he seemed fine. He just seems hell bent on being purposefully vague when discussing certain injuries, leaving th edoor open for people to occasionally come to their own conclusions about certain players heart, toughness, or lack thereof.

I think you are reading it wrong, but JMHO. I think what he said is true, how much pain he can tolerate because that truly is the type of injury this is. I know as I have said because I had it. There was a time I was wondering if I would have to live with it the rest of my life, it lingered that long.

Archived