Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Kyle still be calling our plays on offense?

terrifNick21

Kyle has, for the most part, done a fine job. I don't think today was one of his better efforts though in terms of the pass plays we ran. Too many rinky dink short stuff.

What makes you think for the most part he has done a fine job? Seriously this 30 point production was not him it was the league not having tape on RG3 now there is tape and you see what happens we are back to the normal offensive output of 10 points a game the same average we have had since Kyle has been here.....

God I'm sick of this ****. No matter what he does, because he's Mike's son, people will question him every time the team scores less than 35. There's a certain percentage of fans that will always assume nepotism no matter what. I, for one, am more than happy with the job he's doing.despite disagreeing with some of the play calls. It's such a subjective thing to try and judge.

DC, stop being such a Kyle Excuser. He didn't score the 35, the defense helped. And that Bud Light bottle facing the field trick.

We have a top-three scoring offense and Kyle needs to go. Isn't that obvious?

We are moving the ball but when it comes to a key play I have no confidence in the guy. 3rd down is the money down and we were 1 for 9. Over his tenure we have been a terrible 3rd down team. That is my only gripe with the guy. Call up something to move the sticks.

We're scoring an average of 28 points per game and racking up 400 yds per game and you ladies wanna cry about it? Go change your tampons for chrissakes!

And what was the total yards today other than 10 offensive points? Let's also add in that we are lucky our franchise QB isn't in a wheelchair for the life thanks to Kyle's grand play calling. Rookie mistake or not he had no business even being put in that position with that bush league call.....Period.....

Well Alfred Morris has a 6.1 YPC average. No throws down field until Cousins is in. Josh Morgan not being thrown to. That direct snap to the meat of the offensive line knowing our strength is to Trent's side.......Bush league play calling if you ask me. Seems to me that RG3 being such a great athlete tends to mask Kyle's deficiencies. Where is another Gary Kubiak when you need him.......

Kyle Shanahan doesn't throw passes or block for his players. Morgan not getting targets could just as easily be on Griffin or Morgan himself as Kyle and the same principle applies to the "no throws downfield" statement.

I'm willing to bet the All-22 footage could rather easily be leveraged to change some of your opinions.

Kyle's hiring has smacked of nepotism from day one;

4399-map-assoc.jpg

And what was the total yards today other than 10 offensive points? Let's also add in that we are lucky our franchise QB isn't in a wheelchair for the life thanks to Kyle's grand play calling. Rookie mistake or not he had no business even being put in that position with that bush league call.....Period.....

He scrambled on a PASS play!!!!!!

zoolander-mugatu-crazy-pills.jpg

We are moving the ball but when it comes to a key play I have no confidence in the guy. 3rd down is the money down and we were 1 for 9. Over his tenure we have been a terrible 3rd down team. That is my only gripe with the guy. Call up something to move the sticks.

Like those plays where our WRs actually catch the ball when they're open?

We definitely need to call those plays more.

It's easy to point the finger at Kyle, but we, as fans, only see what we see on TV. We don't see the game tape that is far more revealing. I didn't have a problem with the play calling today as the running game was solid, but I questioned where the WR's were today. I coudl blame Kyle and his play calling, but the game tape might show the complete opposite. Trust in the coaches and the players to execute. Doesn't matter who the coach is, he is always going to be questioned when things aren't going well.

More than anything it's RG3 and Morris moving the ball obviously Kyle doesn't have that 3rd down Gene....There has been NO change in that stat for 3 years now. It's an oxymoron to be moving the ball and not be able to get past 3rd downs.......Pretty sad Kyle isn't smart enough to spread the offense and make the defense spread along with it....Something even pee wee coaches have figured to do in obvious downs....

Like those plays where our WRs actually catch the ball when they're open?

We definitely need to call those plays more.

The drops are definitely on them. Since he's been here our 3rd down conversion rates have been toward the bottom of the league. I'm not blaming only him nor saying he is terrible or whatever just the facts. We have to improve on it as a team and he is the coordinator so he should be the man in charge of that. We are lighting teams up as far as scoring and yards, I don't understand why the 3rd down rates are so low. Can't get a complete game from these guys anyway it happens we lost. We have now lost what 8 straight home games? Nut up and beat the Vikes. (Not targeted at Kyle lol).

We don't know though, maybe the WRs were unable to get open downfield.

Or maybe they got open, but RG3 missed them.

And of course, many times RG3 did hit a receiver he dropped it.

Just a cluster**** of fail offensively today, outside of Morris who is a stud.

...this is nuts.

For the last two seasons, all I heard was how Kyle didnt run the ball enough. That he threw too much, he never stuck with the run, he was too aggressive at the wrong times.

Now, it's the exact opposite.

You ever think maybe it's not Kyle "handcuffing" Robert and more that Robert makes good decisions and doesn't try to make the throws he doesnt think he can make? I.E the same thing everyone complained that Rex was doing and complained about kyle making Rex run stuff he.wasnt capable of?

Give me a break.

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 09:16 PM ----------

Also, RG3 only ran twice today, and the play he got hurt on was a scramble, not a designed run.

No, I don't think so. He's been calling way too many of the "get the ball beyond the first down marker and drop it" and the "roll out and refuse to throw the ball away, taking a big hit" plays, and not nearly enough of the "score a touchdown" plays for my tastes.

No, I don't think so. He's been calling way too many of the "get the ball beyond the first down marker and drop it" and the "roll out and refuse to throw the ball away, taking a big hit" plays, and not nearly enough of the "score a touchdown" plays for my tastes.

And this is Kyle's fault how? Maybe Robert is going through his reads and doesn't have a receiver open.

Yea! What a stupid OC. Why doesn't he just go out and call one of those "score a touchdown" plays every play? We would be at the Super Bowl for sure then! /sarcasm

Archived