Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Griffin III faces mild concussion

Rumple_Stiltskin

what a dirty hit. it's a shame there was no flag or a forthcoming suspension for that play.

rg3 is a premier player and doesn't deserve these cheap shots

Not only was that hit straight up legit and clean, but he could have really played it dirty and destroyed RG3 and didn't.

Sit until?

I mean, with all due respect (and I really mean that), unless you're a neurologist, I can't justify it just by a statement.

Same goes for me. I just am leaning towards him starting next week.

I'm certainly not a neurologist but we're talking about a brain injury, one severe enough that he didn't know the score or what quarter it was.

I lived with rugby players and anytime anyone on the team had a concussion where they were unaware of the score or anything along those lines they sat out I can't remember a time when any of them played the next week.

Obviously a different scenario without helmets but calling this a 'mild concussion' is stupid and dangerous.

We're not just talking about his career and the future of this franchise, we're talking about early onset of dementia, Alzheimer's etc.

I'd like to sit him out for as long as an independent neurologist thinks is necessary, and then another week.

Clean hit. RGIII needs to throw that one away and save himself.
I disagree. Griff had ample time to get out of bounds or throw the ball away. The defender made the right play and there should've been no flag, just as it was called.

He was sliding.

I don't get how you guys don't get it.

what a dirty hit. it's a shame there was no flag or a forthcoming suspension for that play.

rg3 is a premier player and doesn't deserve these cheap shots

I disagree. Griff had ample time to get out of bounds or throw the ball away. The defender made the right play and there should've been no flag, just as it was called.

He was sliding.

I don't get how you guys don't get it.

He didn't start his slide til' the defender was already in his tackling motion. How can you continue to overlook this? He waited far too long to slide. He made a rookie mistake, it's going to happen occasionally but lets not make crazy excuses for him when they do.

Yes.

Let's see what the doctors say before stopping the tarring and feathering of Cundiff. Time management, people.

Well I wasn't talking to you, but seeing how we all WILL be waiting for word from a doctor... A snide comment wasn't really necessary. But thanks, for responding to something not said to you.

That was actually a clean hit. Remember, last year, Fletcher hit Brady when he was sliding. The play was flagged, however, Brady himself admitted later on that it was a clean hit. Furthermore, Fletcher did not get penalized.

Wrong, he did get penalized. Get a clue, know the facts or don't speak of which you don't know.

We need him against the Vikings, that is a winnable game. Their offense is stoppable and we can outperform their defense, but I doubt we do that without Griffin. I think we might have won this game with Griffin in the game instead of Captain Kirk Staredown (I kid, I don't blame a 4th round rookie for failing in that situation even if he did play bad).

That being said, don't rush him back in if he is not ready, brain injuries are very serious obviously and his safety is more important. I just hope he is okay, I think this serves as a wake up call for the coaches and training staff, not to mention Griffin himself.

Making an assumption that neither are you. But if he has one do you truly believe, hope, or know that he would be allowed to even practice with said concussion? I would rather have him sit and let Cousins start.

Josh Wilson and Aldrick Robinson had similar concussions - Robinsons was worse - and neither missed a game. It depends on him testing and if there is doubt he should sit but I will be surprised if he is not starting next week.

Archived