Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Week 5 NFL Gameday Thread

Mr. Sinister

Well I'm sure glad we didn't draft Bobby Massie. sheesh

People were going ape**** over that dude. I just could not understand it. Cousins has far more ability/value at his position than Massie does, and can be a great insurance policy that could possibly net a high pick in the future. Massie sucks ass. Maybe he'd work better in our system, who knows. But he got his ass handed to him all night.

Cards might have the worst offensive line in football. They cannot run the ball and they cannot protect their QB. Pathetic.

I would not care so much except I'm facing the Rams D in fantasy. Smart play by that guy.

Kevin Kolb has zero sense of pressure. He is oblivious to everything going on around him because he's to busy locking onto one wide receiver.

Kevin Kolb has zero sense of pressure. He is oblivious to everything going on around him because he's to busy locking onto one wide receiver.

I don't know man, by the time he finished his drop back the defenders were already on top of him. It wasn't like he was holding onto the ball waiting for a specific guy to get open or anything like that.

---------- Post added October-4th-2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

Yo wtf is going on with ES? Posts are all ****ed up and the Site keeps crashing for me like every 30 seconds.

Also a tip, never hit the post button more than once. No matter what. That's how you get double and triple posts. Also if the Site crashes after you try to post, don't hit refresh

I don't know man, by the time he finished his drop back the defenders were already on top of him. It wasn't like he was holding onto the ball waiting for a specific guy to get open or anything like that.

At some point though the QB has to start realizing the blitz is coming and make proper adjustments. I know he's not getting much help up front but he needs to play better also.

Yo wtf is going on with ES? Posts are all ****ed up and the Site keeps crashing for me like every 30 seconds.

Also a tip, never hit the post button more than once. No matter what. That's how you get double and triple posts. Also if the Site crashes after you try to post, don't hit refresh

Another tip, when the Site is having problems like this, always make sure you right click + copy the text of your post before hitting submit. That way, if it doesn't go through, you can just paste it and go again.

And ALWAYS do that for long posts. Nothing worse than writing out a masterpiece and baring your soul for the whole world to see and ES crashes on you and you lose everything. Has happened to me multiple times over the years. God it's painful. And the rewrite NEVER feels as good as the original.

What do you mean?

[QUOTwith ylor703;9187405]At some point though the QB has to start realizing the blitz is coming and make proper adjustments. I know he's not getting much help up front but he needs to play better also.

Yeh Kolb is definitely no superstar, but I just don't know how much blame he deserves. It wasn't like they were even blitzing really where he could call it out and set up the blitz protection or where he could audible to something quick. The line was getting abused on standard four-man rushes. And he's not calling the plays. The WRs have to run their routes and they didn't have time to do that. Personally I thought Kolb showed toughness and there were many plays where they were on his heels and he kept the play alive or where they were obviously about to hit him and he stood tall, took the hit and delivered the ball (or tried to deliver it anyway). (That said, he obviously wasn't worth what they traded for him or the contract he got and they're never going to win a SB with him.)

---------- Post added October-5th-2012 at 12:13 AM ----------

What do you mean?

Haha. Touche.

---------- Post added October-5th-2012 at 12:11 AM ----------

What do you mean?

Haha. Touche.

(This was on purpose, ftr)

You know what happened, I had four tabs open with ES, all with crashed pages. One was that post and the others were just the forums where I was hitting refresh. So on the tablet where you don't see the full address in the address bar up top, I lost track of what was what and hit refresh on the post tab. My tips are legit though.

[QUOTwith ylor703;9187405]At some point though the QB has to start realizing the blitz is coming and make proper adjustments. I know he's not getting much help up front but he needs to play better also.

Yeh Kolb is definitely no superstar, but I just don't know how much blame he deserves. It wasn't like they were even blitzing really where he could call it out and set up the blitz protection or where he could audible to something quick. The line was getting abused on standard four-man rushes. And he's not calling the plays. The WRs have to run their routes and they didn't have time to do that. Personally I thought Kolb showed toughness and there were many plays where they were on his heels and he kept the play alive or where they were obviously about to hit him and he stood tall, took the hit and delivered the ball (or tried to deliver it anyway). (That said, he obviously wasn't worth what they traded for him or the contract he got and they're never going to win a SB with him.)

---------- Post added October-5th-2012 at 12:13 AM ----------

Haha. Touche.

---------- Post added October-5th-2012 at 12:11 AM ----------

Haha. Touche.

(This was on purpose, ftr)

You know what happened, I had four tabs open with ES, all with crashed pages. One was that post and the others were just the forums where I was hitting refresh. So on the tablet where you don't see the full address in the address bar up top, I lost track of what was what and hit refresh on the post tab. My tips are legit though.

;)

;)

You ever think about how long you've been posting here. Like for you, it's three years. That's a decent chunk of time. I was thinking about this yesterday. I've been posting on this board, been a part of this community, for almost eight freaking years. I basically grew up on this board, became a man on this board. Outside of family, people on ES probably have known me over a sustained and continued period of time, longer than anyone else in this world. The Internets are a trip.

(The ;) made me think "ES inside joke" which brought me back to what I had been thinking about earlier. And thus this post. Plus I'm drunk. Ftr)

---------- Post added October-5th-2012 at 12:27 AM ----------

Wow. This board is officially ****ed. Damn replacement mods.

You ever think about how long you've been posting here. Like for you, it's three years. That's a decent chunk of time. I was thinking about this yesterday. I've been posting on this board, been a part of this community, for almost eight freaking years. I basically grew up on this board, became a man on this board. Outside of family, people on ES probably have known me over a sustained and continued period of time, longer than anyone else in this world. The Internets are a trip.

(The ;) made me think "ES inside joke" which brought me back to what I had been thinking about earlier. And thus this post. Plus I'm drunk. Ftr)

---------- Post added October-5th-2012 at 12:27 AM ----------

Wow. This board is officially ****ed. Damn replacement mods.

I do. It's been crazy thinking that I've only been here for three years. I'll tell you what though - my general football knowledge (and Redskins-specific knowledge) has increased exponentially since coming here. And I know what you mean about people on the board knowing me longer than most others (outside of family and such). And I still haven't met anyone in person yet. That needs to change. Someone get me and the little lady (maybe also a friend) tickets to a home game and we'll tailgate/drink/sing HTTR together. Dallas game preferrably :pfft:

When you have one cat who's inherited the genes of Howie Long, and another one who's dad was one half of LOD, you know they are straight up manimals. That D is going to be nasty.

And they have two very good corners.

Fisher has already turned that franchise around.

Rams are still trying to play dirty even with the real refs. Finnigan plowed #85 downfield and got away with it. More chippiness after the play.

---------- Post added October-5th-2012 at 10:26 AM ----------

Wow. What in the **** kind of 4th and goal play was that?

That played made the swinging gate look good.

Yep, and he paused slightly afterwards.

hahaha I'm glad someone else heard it. He might have said raked but it really sounded like raped and I noticed the "oops" pause too.

---------- Post added October-5th-2012 at 12:43 PM ----------

You guys seen this yet?

http://imgur.com/a/9H0Hv

VERY worth your time, really funny stuff. NSFW language though!

That was great. :ols:

You guys seen this yet?

http://imgur.com/a/9H0Hv

VERY worth your time, really funny stuff. NSFW language though!

TOM BRADY: Seriously Griffin, do you even know what it's like to throw a game-winning TD?

Technically not, but he knows what it's like to lead a game-winning FG drive in the final seconds. You know, the thing Brady failed to do in his last 2 SBs. Since he's had us moving the ball into FG range in each of the last 3 games, I've no doubt that he'll throw a GW TD in his career.

Funny stuff btw.

Archived