Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Falcons Prediction Thread; A Show of Hands

skins island connection

I wonder if there will be numerous calls to the police early early sunday morning, around 1-3 a.m. of a certain hotel complaining of horns and loud noise coming from cars circling the hotel. Or maybe the fire sprinkler system 'accidentally' goes off.

In a strange coincidence, it just HAPPENS to be the same hotel the Falcons are staying at...:D

Not trying to start something, but...well...all I can say is it wasn't me, I live halfway across the country !

It would be very strange if the car in question was a silver 1991 Mazda 626, huh...

LOL. I must have been talking to the wrong ones then. I remember when Rogers left in FA and some Skins fans I know personally ripping him and saying he needed to be more of a "team" guy like Hall and that Hall was better anyway. I looked at them like they were crazy and just shook my head.

Rogers didn't get the respect he deserved, and never got on the same page with the new coaching staff. A shame, but just one of countless examples of home grown talents making big impacts somewhere else.

Washington has gotten better lately, but the infatuation with Hall over a complete corner like Rogers that topped the charts for CB play for several years in a row is hard to get over.

A lot of Washington fans couldn't get over the fact that Rogers dropped sure interceptions and ate it up when Hall would come up with a turnover regardless how awful of a game he played.

Josh Wilson is our best corner, and Hall doesn't even pass for average these days.

He'll get beaten like a drum on Sunday, and yield yet another 100+ yard game to the receiver he's matched up with.

The Falcons have got to lick their jobs at the prospect of going up against this weak secondary.

I think the Falcons put it on our defense early. The crowd is taken out of the game on the Falcons first posession (as usual) by that deep pass in stride between Ryan and White that we all knew was coming all week long. Despite all the talk about not giving up the big plays, our secondary can't deliver, and Ryan continuously beats the pass rush in the first half. A few more scores follow, and the Falcons go in at the half with a large lead. Probably two touchdowns...28-14. The Falcons take their foot off the gas a bit in the third, they try to run the ball and get stuffed. The Skins make some adjustments on offense at the half which prove to be successful, and we get a couple touchdowns in the 3rd and tie it up. 28/28 going into the 4th quarter. Then the Skins offense starts to falter as the Falcon defense stiffens up. In the 4th we get a field goal. The Falcons score two more touchdowns after another deep pass for a touchdown, and a methodical drive that results in numerous 1st downs on 3rd and long situations as Ryan slices the secondary up over the middle.

Final Score

Falcons 42

Washington 31

I love my team, I hope the Redskins make me a liar. I want to be wrong, and would take zero joy in being correct.

It would be great to stop the 7 home games loosing streak and at the same time making a statement versus an undefeated team.

Hail

"Florio’s take: It wouldn’t be “correction week” if the undefeated teams don’t lose. A week after the Falcons struggled to contain Cam Newton, they’ll likewise have a hard time with RG3, who is overdue for his first home win.

Florio’s pick: Redskins 41, Falcons 38."

I like this one, maybe in OT :)

We should have a similar gameplan we had against the Saints. Eat up the clock and keep their offense off the field. To be honest, we should be doing that every game knowing how poorly our defense has been. The Redskins also know this is an important game to keep up with the division and to end our losing streak at home. The defense plays with the motivation and passion like the first game, and the Redskins will lead the whole game winning by a 3 points or less.

You can't compare a close game with a divisional opponent (Carolina) with the Redskins. That team is one of our rivals and means much more if you know what I mean. They are also familiar with the team unlike Washington. I mean hell, Atlanta fans could say "Washington struggled with TB, we should be alright" lol. Falcons are 4-0 but still haven't put together a complete game which is the scary in thoughts of getting better. Hope this is the game they do it.

What in the world makes any of you think we'll put a 40 spot on the Falcons? I see this every week in these threads. At least try to come up with a more reasonable score. I'd rather see 28-24 or 31-28, then these 40 some scores. The offense is MUCH improved from last year, but we're not a 35 ppg team.

I am actually hearing a spattering of Skins in this game nationally which I find curious. We did no become a good football team by beating one 0-4 team and literally escaping an epic collapse against a 1-3 team last week. I literally cannot even imagine how we could slow down the falcons offensively. I can definitely see ways the falcons can slow us down (not necessarily completely stop us but slow us down).

Look, its fun to think we have a chance each week. That' what RG3 brings us. A punchers chance. But realistically, this Falcons team is far superior to ours.

Falcons 34

Skins 19

Skins 31 Db's 28. Team isnt the 19-0 Patriots. Hell Carolina almost got em last week.

I am so glad you said that. At the end of the day, defensive scheme could kill ATL. Hit Ryan early and hard. Kerrigan gets his big sack game this week, with 2 1/2. Maybe not a pick, but a possible forced fumble. Maybe a DL batted INT. Either way, we walk away with a W.

The Falcons aren't going undefeated. 27th ranked against the run, we're #1 running O. They slow down on real turf.

Matty Ice has an off week after Kerrigan racks him early for a fumble recovery. Fletcher gets a pick 6 in the 3Q. More of the same from Griffin. 236 yards, 1 rushing TD, no picks.

Skins 31, Falcons 17.

For sure I hate picking against the skins.

I had predicted a win in this game before the season started. But now I agree, Atlanta's strengths will exceed and expose our weakness. Their "D" is not all that and it's rated in the middle of the pack in various categories. I do believe we will be able to run the ball against them and control the clock.

Won't be as high scoring as one would think. I do believe we can keep close, but end up losing 27-20.

I reserve the right to change my pick on game day.

Wet game, skins pound the ball down their throats.

Skins: 27

Falcons: 23

Archived