Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have a feeling that we WILL win the Falcons game!

zCommander

If the Skins fall behind early, there won't be much running. Thats kinda what I'm expecting. I guess the best game plan if I were a coach would be to run out of the gate and keep t.o.p. away from Atlanta. Can't score if we keep the ball and chew up time.

While I share your optimism, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around our secondary shutting down the Falcons air attack. We will very likely need to hang 40+ on them if we hope to win. :(

We will certainly have to score 30+ and as importantly win time of possession by some distance. Ball control - lots of Morris and ball control passing will be the name of the game. We also probably need a couple of turnovers to stop drives. Its a very tough match up for our secondary.

I've always thought the Falcons are the most overrated team in the NFL. They always play weak schedules. Their division, other than NO, is crap. They rarely win games against playoff caliber teams. They can't win a playoff game that matters (see the Giants blowing them out). Ryan is good, not great. Turner is slow. Jones and White are the real deal.

I've always thought the Falcons are the most overrated team in the NFL. They always play weak schedules. Their division, other than NO, is crap. They rarely win games against playoff caliber teams. They can't win a playoff game that matters (see the Giants blowing them out). Ryan is good, not great. Turner is slow. Jones and White are the real deal.

I watched their game against Carolina. Now granted Carolina have a bad defense - but then so do we - but the Falcons looked very good against them. We will have problems matching up with their receivers, they have a Tony Gonzalez who will not run away from many linebackers but who still knows how to get separation and catches everything thrown his way and Turner is still a very good running back who is very good in short yardage and goaline package's and is a very under rated receiver as well.

Ryan has a better arm than he is given credit for and can move pretty well to - he also reads coverages well and gets the ball out of his hands quickly. Hard QB to blitz because he sees it well and understands his hot reads. We had a hard time with Sam Bradford and Ryan is a better version of Bradford IMO with far more weapons around him. We will have our hands full Sunday and then some when we are on defense.

It wouldn't shock me if we won only to drop the next game to the lowly Vikings(they suck I don't care that they're 3-1).

:ols:, they're not the lowly Vikings my friend... they beat 2 playoff teams in consecutive weeks. (Though folks could make the arguement that Detroit was a fluke last yr)

---------- Post added October-1st-2012 at 07:51 AM ----------

I've said so ever since Matt Ryan has been in the league.. never been a fan of his. But so far this year it seems that he has finally turned the corner. IDK, man.. he seems like he's playing with something to prove. Lets hope that we can throw them off this week. Gonna be a touch match up on Defense.

I share your hope and enthusiasm OP. That being said, I do have Matt Ryan in one of my fantasy leagues, and no offense to our secondary, but I'm playing him.

Don't do it! :ols:

I have a feeling you are about to make a mistake. :)

---------- Post added October-1st-2012 at 09:36 AM ----------

While I share your optimism, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around our secondary shutting down the Falcons air attack. We will very likely need to hang 40+ on them if we hope to win. :(

This is where our front 7 will come in to picture to rattle that Matty with Ice.

My comments come from frustration in a team that still cannot put anyone away. They are damn lucky to have come away with that win today, it's that simple. I'm happy we won, but unless the defense gets it's **** together we are going to get run over next Sunday.

I DARE the Redskins defense to prove me wrong. I want to be proved wrong. I want to come back on here next Sunday and say, well the defense made me eat some crow. Nothing would make me happier.

Agree 100% this game should not have come down to a FG!!! Why cant we as fans ever just relax knowing we got the game won!!

I'm hoping we can get some clues on how to stop them by watching the Carolina tape, but let's be realistic here. Those WRs against our secondary makes me scared. My only hope is for a weird game coupled with the fact that they don't traditionally play well outside of the dome. If it's a close game I'm thinking it's a shootout. Either a shootout, or we hammer them with Morris to try to keep their offense off the field.

I share your hope and enthusiasm OP. That being said, I do have Matt Ryan in one of my fantasy leagues, and no offense to our secondary, but I'm playing him.

I don't blame you.

Hell, RG3 is my fantasy QB, but if he got hurt for any reason, i would just try my best to pick up whatever QB the Redskins play that week. Our secondary is that bad.

This thread reminds me of a scene in Shanghai Knights I think where Jackie Chan basically runs up a wall and jumps to get to a higher location and looks down at Owen Wilson and says "come on".

Owen responds, "What in our history together makes you think I am capable of that."

I would love to believe it..I just don't see it strictly because of the secondary and I don't think we are generating enough pressure to rattle Matty Ice. Though Carolina nearly did it and I like to think we are better than they are.

Archived