Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have a feeling that we WILL win the Falcons game!

zCommander

Please stop with the "We said that about the Saints'

If you can't tell the difference between the Saints D and the Falcons D then you need to try harder. If you can't see a difference between 4-0 and 0-4 ..then you need to try harder. We played the Saints the same way we done the Rams/Bucs...controlled the game early, let them torch us late. Yes everyone thought the Saints would kill us, but that's before we knew how bad they would be. Matt Ryan, Turner, Roddy White, Julio Jones....lol. We'll be lucky if they don't set some NFL records on our dooky defense, win the game? No no. You're just setting yourselves up to be let down =p It just isn't our time yet.

My comments come from frustration in a team that still cannot put anyone away. They are damn lucky to have come away with that win today, it's that simple. I'm happy we won, but unless the defense gets it's **** together we are going to get run over next Sunday.

I DARE the Redskins defense to prove me wrong. I want to be proved wrong. I want to come back on here next Sunday and say, well the defense made me eat some crow. Nothing would make me happier.

Amen to everything you said, especially to your first comment. My family can't understand why I go ballistic when I see the Redskins do something completely brainless - I'm talking allowing blocked punts, freaking stupid penalties like Morgan against the Rams or Garcon yesterday (a 3rd and 4 situation which became 3rd and 19 after his dead-ball personal foul penalty), which killl our drives; dropped INTs which keep drives alive for the other team. I'd give all these boneheaded tendencies a free pass, if only this team knew how to put games away, but they can't; they don't know how to do it.

And, so, every week, we sweat it, watching out team let a lead (and, too many times, a victory) slide out of our hands. Sometimes we're able to pull it out in the end and other times we don't. We had a huge lead against the Saints (28-6?), only to watch them come all the way back and come within a Hail-Mary-turned-INT away from OT on the last play of the game, and this was after we had nearly a 2:1 time of possession advantage over them.

And, I hope Merriweather finds his way onto the field against the Falcons without doing damage to himself or his teammates and helps to strengthen our secondary, 'cause we sure could use a lot of help back there in the secondary.

Well the Falcons aren't going to go undefeated...

I wouldn't put money on us, but it's not like it would take a miracle to beat them. Those of you saying we have no chance must not have seen the Panthers game yesterday. Trust me, we are a better team than Carolina. It is certainly possible, and the team will be feeling pretty good about itself, confidence high. Hall might have a big game against his former team. Garcon should be closer to 100%. We will be able to run the ball. Turner is plodder, not a game breaking RB. We will have to score in the 30s. no doubt, but that is entirely possible. I actually I think I have talked myself into thinking we are going to win this game...

The Falcons have us and then Oakland. Then they go on their bye. So this isn't a trap game and they won't be looking past us. Hell, Oakland's pass defense is statistically worse than ours, which is hard to believe. They're going to be gunning for a 6-0 record heading into their bye. Not only that but, Carolina just put a little fear into them this past week. ATL will probably be a 6 point favorite, too.

Gonna be a tough one.

Please stop with the "We said that about the Saints'

If you can't tell the difference between the Saints D and the Falcons D then you need to try harder. If you can't see a difference between 4-0 and 0-4 ..then you need to try harder. We played the Saints the same way we done the Rams/Bucs...controlled the game early, let them torch us late. Yes everyone thought the Saints would kill us, but that's before we knew how bad they would be. Matt Ryan, Turner, Roddy White, Julio Jones....lol. We'll be lucky if they don't set some NFL records on our dooky defense, win the game? No no. You're just setting yourselves up to be let down =p It just isn't our time yet.

The coons definitely have some impressive weapons, but I have watched them down here in Atlanta and they are far from dominant. Had no right winning yesterday actually. It will be a close one again and we will win because we will finally take a lead and build on it instead of fizzling out as game progresses. We have to win, im taking my wife who is a falcons fan and i will not be able to endure hearing her for the rest of the year if we dont. Skins 31 Coons 24

The coons definitely have some impressive weapons, but I have watched them down here in Atlanta and they are far from dominant. Had no right winning yesterday actually. It will be a close one again and we will win because we will finally take a lead and build on it instead of fizzling out as game progresses. We have to win, im taking my wife who is a falcons fan and i will not be able to endure hearing her for the rest of the year if we dont. Skins 31 Coons 24

The pass Ryan threw from his own endzone to the 50 on their last drive when Carolina had them dead to rights could happen at will against our secondary I fear. Even with great coverage Jones, White and Gonzalez can just make catches.

I also have a feeling we will win this game; however, they have one thing going in their favor...they just played Cam Newton so their preperation will already be there.

Kind of, but Cam doesn't have RG3's speed, accuracy, or natural ability.

Our offense is also a lot more versatile than the Panthers. We can run with RG3, run with Morris, and throw the ball. If one of those gets shut down, the others can pick up the slack. Not so with the Panthers. If Cam isn't able to run, he can't make up for it with the pass.

It won't be a blowout by any means, but we can get a few stops on the Falcons and move the ball. One or two stops just may be enough to win the game.

I don't see us winning this game. Could we? Of course, its the NFL.

We expect our secondary to cover Roddy White and Julio Jones? We couldn't cover one of them. It's going to be a track meet, and if we get behind early (which is most likely), it could get very ugly for RGIII.

Worst part is, our schedule doesn't get any easier.

I don't see us winning this game. Could we? Of course, its the NFL.

We expect our secondary to cover Roddy White and Julio Jones? We couldn't cover one of them. It's going to be a track meet, and if we get behind early (which is most likely), it could get very ugly for RGIII.

Worst part is, our schedule doesn't get any easier.

That is pretty much how I how feel, with the way our defense plays it could potentially get ugly quick.

My issue is with our defense, our secondary to be more specific. Now I may be in the minority, but I applaud the way Hall played yesterday. I don't however, understand the coverage schemes that leave our corners on an island with top wideouts.

Maybe it's Haslett, maybe it's Morris I honestly don't know. The Bengals KNEW our safety would come in against the wildcat and thats why the ball was immediately just launched because there would be no safety over the top (this coming from a Bengals fan who is very into his team, in regards to a "source" on that).

Injuries aside, our players are just not being placed into a position to succeed. Backups or not, they're not either listening, or just being wrongly assigned.

Other teams could honestly just go deep every play and blow us out.

I've always thought the Falcons are the most overrated team in the NFL. They always play weak schedules. Their division, other than NO, is crap. They rarely win games against playoff caliber teams. They can't win a playoff game that matters (see the Giants blowing them out). Ryan is good, not great. Turner is slow. Jones and White are the real deal.

I agree with all of this (except the part about NO; they're toast, so it's Atlanta's division by default). The Falcons Win, but they've never impressed me. Just a typical video game type of team that can't Win grind-it-out slugfests. Yes, I know they have that offense & they'll put up great numbers this season, but I'm still not buyin.

This is how the NFL is these days; a given team starts to Win a few, everybody jumps onto their bandwagon and BAM! Said team falls flat on its face. This seems to happen all the time these days. Not to mention, The Skins normally handle these guys (historically). Of course none of this is empirical evidence - it is more of a feel for the game sorta thing. AND RGIII is gonna slay a couple'a big fish at Fedex this season (1 non-division, 1 division), & methinks the Falcons are the likely victim. Hail!

Ummmmmmmmm, I appreciate the OP's optimism, but it may be you have Skinsatitus

Skinsartitus - delusional disease that affects Washington Redskins fans where despite the teams talent level, fans maintain a level of unrealistic enthusiasm.

ATL has the best receiver core in the league. The whole game should look something like the 2nd half of the Bucs game.... Have you see those huys play 0.o

Archived