Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: Leonard Hankerson is a full-time starter before the bye week

mdboost

Hank isn't very explosive and doesn't seem to get much separation. But he finds open seams in the defense and is decent at picking up YAC with his big body. He's still a bit inconsistent with his hands. Right now Morgan is the better receiver. But I'm fine with Hank as the #3-4 guy. You gotta have talented young depth.

Hank isn't very explosive and doesn't seem to get much separation. But he finds open seams in the defense and is decent at picking up YAC with his big body. He's still a bit inconsistent with his hands. Right now Morgan is the better receiver. But I'm fine with Hank as the #3-4 guy. You gotta have talented young depth.

I like Morgan but I think Hankerson is actually better right now, with more potential as well. He is a big target, and while he isn't a burner and doesn't create a lot of separation he is able use his body to create a target for the QB. He seems to have a knack of getting open at just the right time. He is also able to pick up some yac. He is close enough to Morgan right now that I would rather see him get more reps and continue to develop. His present value is good, and his future value could be great. (when I say great, I mean really good.)

Statistically I was predicting a Derrius Thompson like season out of him. He's giving us like 55 yrds a game which is like having a about a 900 yrd season. That isn't a bad return for a 3rd rounder that barely got any experience last year. I still think he needs to run more vertical routes, I wasn't quite sure why he was the 3-5 yrd check down at times. Shouldn't that be for quicker guys?

• 11 months later...

I was thinking he and Garcon would be 1-2 starters during camp. I drafted him in the last round of our draft as a hunch, but I doubt I'll use him with Megatron, AJ Green and Wes Welker as my big 3.

Hahaha, Obviously the people you play fantasy football with have no idea what they are doing if you have Megatron, AJ Green and Welker.  

Agreed, that I think Hankerson is getting there.  He needs a couple more games like tonight, but he's fast, big, and can block.  He needs to get on the field.  

Hank wasn't the problem tonight. I imagine he'll get some more looks with moss nicked up a little (unless he's good to go next week). I also imagine as RG III breaks in a bit more, he'll get more catch-able balls. The 2nd half was pretty encouraging. Both Reed and Hank made plays that did matter. I'd like to see him and reed utilized more in fade routes. 

While I do not see Hankerson as the starter I really do not understand the hate --- if he can learn to catch ? Targeted 7 times caught 5 two for TDs he was running open all day today good concentration on the second TD and that play put us with a chance .

People think he should have caught the 3-10 late in the middle of the 4th and I thought the issue was he did but was out of bounds - should have been more aware, but tough catch and the other 'drop' was a badly off target toss by Griffin ...

People on this board see him as Stankerson - alot think he should be not even on the team - i mean after all he is on the 'bubble' - but in a bad game he was a bright spot ....

One guy disappointed me in the receiving corps today was Robinson, because again for all the hype all he showed  was an inability to get good separation and make any kind of impact despite the opportunities . I am disappointed because he looked exactly like he did in 2012 and all the practice field potential looks to be just that ... he did have a shot on the onside kick though ..

Archived