Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: Leonard Hankerson is a full-time starter before the bye week

mdboost

He is an asset on the field. He enjoys blocking and has been getting rave reviews for it. He has more big play ability than Joshua Morgan. He is taller and has more reach, and showed these skills briefly last year at Miami before the injury (as has been mentioned over and over). I also just picked him up on my fantasy team, haha. What do you guys think?

He is an asset on the field. He enjoys blocking and has been getting rave reviews for it. He has more big play ability than Joshua Morgan. He is taller and has more reach, and showed these skills briefly last year at Miami before the injury (as has been mentioned over and over). I also just picked him up on my fantasy team, haha. What do you guys think?

It's still early and he seems to be getting better with every game. I also don't think he's 100% just yet. On the other hand without having the benefit of watching the plays from multiple angles it seems as though our WR's (sans Garcon) are having trouble winning their battles in 1 on 1 coverage. Last week the offense opened up more when the Bengals went to a zone, but before they did that the receivers weren't getting open consistantly and that incliudes Hankerson.

He's not confident with his hands yet. More reps on the Jugs machine for Hankerson.

Plus he needs to be a mean dog out there. Too much of a nice guy. Need to run into safeties, hussle for the ball and not slow down/give up on a catch.

Dude needs a bit more fire in his belly

He's not confident with his hands yet. More reps on the Jugs machine for Hankerson.

Plus he needs to be a mean dog out there. Too much of a nice guy. Need to run into safeties, hussle for the ball and not slow down/give up on a catch.

Have not seen what you are speaking of, more work with the hands anyone could use, but his blocking has been a great asset to the run game/.

With Pierre Garcon out, I think its been easy to see.... we dont really have any starters. They certainly didn't get open against the Bengals.

While I would love to see Hank grab the bull by the horns and take over in a starters role, it will be a big step for him. I have a hunch Briscoe is due to get a look after last weeks overall poor showing from our WR corp. The WR group is green, and we appear to be very dependent on Garcon to carry the load.

While I would love to see Hank grab the bull by the horns and take over in a starters role, it will be a big step for him.

Just once I want to see us draft a wide receiver who does this. I'm tired of watching every other team find stud receivers that make a huge impact right away, while we cut our underperforming draft picks and sort through the free agent barrel for mid-tier castoffs.

I personally think (hope) that the fire and confidence will come with more consistent playing time. I think last year that Miami game was his step off and he had that in that game. If only he had been able to build on it.

Edit: And he is from the U. That should give him some fire right!

Morgan has good speed. Hankerson is faster. Hankerson is a low 4.4 guy but it doesn't look like it because he's a long strider. You could see it when be blew past that Rams DB.

maybe that's what it is. hank has such a long stride that it doesn't look like a shorter guy moving his midget legs super fast

maybe that's what it is. hank has such a long stride that it doesn't look like a shorter guy moving his midget legs super fast

Hankerson is probably faster than Garcon but he isn't as explosive. It takes him longer to get to his top end speed than it does Garcon.

Josh Morgan was never a burner. He has some explosiveness to his game though. He is also a tough tackle after the catch. He is your chain mover. Leonard Hankerson has talent but it seems like he doesn't play with confidence. He seems tentative out there. Idk the opposite of what you expect of someone from the U LOL.

Archived