Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Rob Jackson make Orakpo expendable?

authentic

Orakpo is a LaVar Arrington in the making.

Ok, now that you've made your anti-Orakpo stance known, you can stop trolling.

How in the blue hell is Orakpo "LaVar Arrington in the making"? Arrington was a freelancer who didn't care about the defensive call, he was going to do what he wanted. Rak isn't. LaVar just cared about getting paid, Rak actually puts time in and works on getting better.

Ok, now that you've made your anti-Orakpo stance known, you can stop trolling.

How in the blue hell is Orakpo "LaVar Arrington in the making"? Arrington was a freelancer who didn't care about the defensive call, he was going to do what he wanted. Rak isn't. LaVar just cared about getting paid, Rak actually puts time in and works on getting better.

I'm not saying Orakpo is a bad player far from that. I'm just saying that Orakpo and Arrington have much in common on how they played. When it comes to Orakpo he is always getting injured as was LaVar but LaVar had coaching problems and was put in the dog house by Greg Williams as they couldn't get along.

I'm not saying Orakpo is a bad player far from that. I'm just saying that Orakpo and Arrington have much in common on how they played. When it comes to Orakpo he is always getting injured as was LaVar but LaVar had coaching problems and was put in the dog house by Greg Williams as they couldn't get along.

The two styles of play aren't alike at all. LaVar was a 4-3 Will Linebacker. Rak is a 3-4 OLB. LaVar was more of a "traditional" linebacker where Rak is a pass rusher.

He isn't "always getting injured" as I already told you. His first injury was in the last game two years ago, and he rushed back and reinjured it. He'll have had much more time to rehab it this time, and it won't be an issue anymore.

So they're nothing alike. Got it.

They really have nothing in common at all.

Not even close. Orakpo was a DE in college and he is a top shelf pass rusher. LaVar was undisciplined, lazy, and stupid and he was a LB in college. He free lanced.

Rak doesn't free lance. Rak just isn't as good in coverage or at setting the run edge as Jackson.

If it's your opinion, that's cool, but you should be embarrassed at comparing these two, mate. Not even in the same ball park outside of the uniform and the position. All comparrisons end there... from heart, work ethic, and the type of man they are to their talents and consistency on the field.

Not even close. Orakpo was a DE in college and he is a top shelf pass rusher. LaVar was undisciplined, lazy, and stupid and he was a LB in college. He free lanced.

Rak doesn't free lance. Rak just isn't as good in coverage or at setting the run edge as Jackson.

If it's your opinion, that's cool, but you should be embarrassed at comparing these two, mate. Not even in the same ball park outside of the uniform and the position. All comparrisons end there... from heart, work ethic, and the type of man they are to their talents and consistency on the field.

LaVar is far from stupid. It's my opinion and I'm not embarrassed about voicing it.

LaVar is far from stupid. It's my opinion and I'm not embarrassed about voicing it.

Obviously. You've gone out of your way to continually put forth some really unpopular opinions since you've been here. And that's fine. But sometimes you need to take a step back and realize why they're unpopular. First Banks, now LaVar. And that's just what I've randomly noticed recently. Maybe try to figure out why you're in the ridiculously small minority on these things. Might lead you somewhere. Or maybe you've got all the right answers, and 99% of the die-hard, knowledgeable fans on this site are whiffing again and again.

Obviously. You've gone out of your way to continually put forth some really unpopular opinions since you've been here. And that's fine. But sometimes you need to take a step back and realize why they're unpopular. First Banks, now LaVar. And that's just what I've randomly noticed recently. Maybe try to figure out why you're in the ridiculously small minority on these things. Might lead you somewhere. Or maybe you've got all the right answers, and 99% of the die-hard, knowledgeable fans on this site are whiffing again and again.

I enjoy being a minority so take it or leave it. I don't kiss people's butt as I say what I want. If you don't like what I say then you don't have to comment on it. If everyone did the same it would be a very boring World.

I enjoy being a minority so take it or leave it. I don't kiss people's butt as I say what I want. If you don't like what I say then you don't have to comment on it. If everyone did the same it would be a very boring World.

Agreed. Just giving some unasked for advice, as I do from time to time. Like you said, we can say what we want, within the rules. :)

Some facts to go along with your opinions would help your stance.

Rams game in 2011 immediately comes to mind. He was unblockable. So much pressure on Bradford and it basically won us the game.

Well, so was Kerrigan, FWIW... and pretty much every other defensive end who played the Rams in 2011.

---------- Post added March-16th-2013 at 05:03 AM ----------

I'm not so sure that getting a turnover quite counts as taking over a game.

According to PFF Jackson's best grade in a game was a 3.2 against Cleveland last year.

He's a quality player and he made game changing plays but that isn't the same as taking a game over.

Fair enough... how about "put the defense on his back?" That Cleveland game he was outstanding. Same with the Cowboys game and the 2nd Giants game.

It would actually reflect better on lavar if he were. There's a reason why even 700 miles away in Tampa, Sapp knew him as Mr. Can't Get Right.

So if he was smart, he was just a lazy, lacidaisical, entitled jackass who didnt care about anything except himself

Some facts to go along with your opinions would help your stance.

And also not lumping in every fan here as the 99.9%. There are varying opinions here, but when you are always appearing to try and play the devils advocate 57 posts in don't act shocked when you get questioned as such. FWIW. (probably not much)

If I did work for the Post I would get paid just my two cents.

If you did work for the post and didn't post here, I would never have read you.

Archived