Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Almost 2/3rds of ES predicts Redskins to be a losing team. Gets upset when they look like a losing team.

Springfield

My friends, this is a losing team. This is what a losing team looks like. A losing team will break your heart in one way or another. They will be inept on offense, their defense will be unable to stop the opponent. That is the fact of the matter with any losing team. They lose, the fans feel the pain.

What doesn't make sense is the fan base's reaction to such a team. Before the season started, almost 2/3rds of ES voted that team was .500 or worse. I don't know about you, but I don't consider a .500 season to be a winning season. I'd assume by the reactions on the board that you'd (ES et al) would be inclined to agree.

Now what I'm saying isn't something new. We've had posters who have pointed out that knew there were holes in the secondary. We've had posters who have pointed that our offensive line was suspect. Why do we cry for heads to roll when the exact same holes that we predicted still exist? Did our first win lull us into an ideology that this was no longer a rebuild project? I suppose that is exactly the case. A win against a team that was great (as expected) to start the season brings about a great amount of expectations. Chest thumping runs rampant.

My opinion, as if it even matters, is that we don't need sweeping changes in the front office. We don't need a new DC, OC or HC (ST is still up for grabs and I'd land on the side of the mob in that respect). What we need to do is let Bruce Allen bring his plan to fruition. If he thinks we need to keep the people whom we despise then we should let him do it. As I said before this is a work in progress.

Let's just treat this like a team that we expect to be 8-8 at the very best. We should not expect a win every week because it's not realistic. Before the season started, most of us knew this. Demanding more (and replacing) those that we did not expect the world out of is unfair.

Just be fair. Be realistic. Cheer the team for what it is, not what it can not be.

Almost forgot. Here's the proof to my title:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?368812-***-GUESS-our-2012-SEASON-RECORD-CONTEST-***&highlight=guess+record

THANK YOU.

I think we all would have signed up for a losing season to see our franchise QB look promising, gain experience, and lead our young offense in high scoring games. Griffin has acquitted himself quite well do far and we have lost games due to struggling at 2 positions we knew we would: DB and OL. I'm not sure how you can be discouraged by that.

I want to win too and allow myself to get frustrated during the games, but the big picture looks good.

Another thing that I forgot to add to my OP.

Upon this realization, those of us should be happy about the progress of our offense. At the very least, we can be assured that most of our games will be very, very entertaining. RG3 has the tools to keep this team in a game. We will undoubtedly have to outscore our opponents each week. Personally, if I'm rooting a losing team, I'd rather watch this type of game than one where we hope not to lose because our defense can't stop them enough times. I'd much rather cheer on a shootout than a defensive battle. It's just more entertaining to me.

Hypocrisy, thy name be ExtremeSkins.

:ols:

That's the truth.

The same people that said before the season that are secondary and oline would cost us games are the same ones ****ing about it now.

The funny thing here is that those same people also said we were another draft/offseason away from addressing these things.

ES is almost like a Mel Brooks movie tonight!

I bet the ES posters who predicted a losing season didn't expect us to average 33 points a game. If you told us before the season that we'd score 99 points through the first 3 games, we'd all expect to be 3-0 at this point. That's why 1-2 is frustrating, regardless of any preseason expectations.

That's exactly why this season will be exciting to me. I was expecting a losing season and was pleasantly surprised when we performed so well on offense. I already knew that in a passing league our secondary was a weak spot so I expected points to be scored on us all day long. Now I didn't expect our defense to be as bad as it is, but I didn't expect our offense to be as good as it is either. It's a trade I'm willing to make for the sake of entertainment.

We were going to lose either way, this way is more entertaining.

Its one thing to predict a losing season, its another thing to be losing for dumb reasons to teams that we match up well against. We're not playing to our strengths on defense and its hurting us. We could easily be 3-0 right now but instead we're 1-2. Does it make me feel better that I thought we'd be here? That's like saying that I shouldn't attempt my homework because I know I won't do well in the class. Its all about the why and for most of us the why was going to be a struggling offense supported by a stingy defense. This is not what we signed up for. And its so disappointing because with our defense from last year, this offense could have this team looking really special. But its all for naught.

We were going to lose either way, this way is more entertaining.

That logic makes no sense to me. How can you say 'we were going to lose either way.'

John Keim just tweeted the following:

John Keim‏@john_keim

A 31-point game would have been good enough to win 23 games combined in 2010-11.

If our defense could have just performed reasonably close to the way it did last year, we'd be 3-0 right now. With a MEDIOCRE defense, we're 3-0 right now. So I don't know how you can say 'we were going to lose either way.' We should be winning these games, period.

Honestly, all the chest thumpers who think they're special because they predicted a "losing record" had no clue that we would have one of the most productive offenses in the league. A broken clock is right twice a day. Also, it's still only week 3, so don't hop on your soapbox just yet. We can still end up 8-8.

Its one thing to predict a losing season, its another thing to be losing for dumb reasons to teams that we match up well against. We're not playing to our strengths on defense and its hurting us. We could easily be 3-0 right now but instead we're 1-2. Does it make me feel better that I thought we'd be here? That's like saying that I shouldn't attempt my homework because I know I won't do well in the class. Its all about the why and for most of us the why was going to be a struggling offense supported by a stingy defense. This is not what we signed up for. And its so disappointing because with our defense from last year, this offense could have this team looking really special. But its all for naught.

I respect you as a poster. I think that you bring a lot to the table here at ES. You are the epitome of your SN.

There were several games that could have ended differently last season and the season before. This is no different to me. It's a game of inches and a losing team ends up on the negative side of that more often than not.

Say what you will but I believe the CAp penalty we took is hurting more than we thought it would. I honestly don't expect us to be world beaters until we are out from under it because this team where it needs to have good leadership in certain places is that we are injury prone. We didn't get into this mess over night, and it will take time to right. Yes we may not be a play off team this year. So what, we are Redskins fans. We live and die for this team. We'll take our lumps, but we will emerge when this over, stronger, wiser, and better for it. Let's be patient and let things go.

Honestly, all the chest thumpers who think they're special because they predicted a "losing record" had no clue that we would have one of the most productive offenses in the league. A broken clock is right twice a day. Also, it's still only week 3, so don't hop on your soapbox just yet. We can still end up 8-8.

That's not the point.

The point is everybody's running around here like their head's on fire and their ass is catchin' over getting beat by teams exploiting known weaknesses.

All of us here know the secondary blows.

All of us know the Oline is mediocre at best.

Don't acted shocked that it costs us games.

Damn...

Can't believe I'm calm and the majority of the board,including some mods, are going off the rails!

Bizarro world........

Archived