Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Almost 2/3rds of ES predicts Redskins to be a losing team. Gets upset when they look like a losing team.

Springfield

My friends, this is a losing team. This is what a losing team looks like. A losing team will break your heart in one way or another. They will be inept on offense, their defense will be unable to stop the opponent. That is the fact of the matter with any losing team. They lose, the fans feel the pain.

What doesn't make sense is the fan base's reaction to such a team. Before the season started, almost 2/3rds of ES voted that team was .500 or worse. I don't know about you, but I don't consider a .500 season to be a winning season. I'd assume by the reactions on the board that you'd (ES et al) would be inclined to agree.

Now what I'm saying isn't something new. We've had posters who have pointed out that knew there were holes in the secondary. We've had posters who have pointed that our offensive line was suspect. Why do we cry for heads to roll when the exact same holes that we predicted still exist? Did our first win lull us into an ideology that this was no longer a rebuild project? I suppose that is exactly the case. A win against a team that was great (as expected) to start the season brings about a great amount of expectations. Chest thumping runs rampant.

My opinion, as if it even matters, is that we don't need sweeping changes in the front office. We don't need a new DC, OC or HC (ST is still up for grabs and I'd land on the side of the mob in that respect). What we need to do is let Bruce Allen bring his plan to fruition. If he thinks we need to keep the people whom we despise then we should let him do it. As I said before this is a work in progress.

Let's just treat this like a team that we expect to be 8-8 at the very best. We should not expect a win every week because it's not realistic. Before the season started, most of us knew this. Demanding more (and replacing) those that we did not expect the world out of is unfair.

Just be fair. Be realistic. Cheer the team for what it is, not what it can not be.

Almost forgot. Here's the proof to my title:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?368812-***-GUESS-our-2012-SEASON-RECORD-CONTEST-***&highlight=guess+record

I think we all had certian expectations about the Defense. The front 7 has been much worse than anyone expected. Absolutely no pass rush so far, something I think EVERYONE thought we would be able to do. Runn stopping hasnt been much better either, we've been gashed badly. The seconday is who we thought they were, the rest of hte defense has come up short. And I think that is the major problem people are having, and why Haslett is on everyone's hotseat.

For the record I predicted 6-10. But I thought the defense would keep us in games while the offense continued to struggle early. That has not been the case, the Offense has been moving the ball and score points, but we're been loosing shootouts. RGIII is better right now than I could have hoped for, but the Defense has let him down. The one area we though was going to be solid, and it has been anything but. That is what has me in such a grind.

Why post stuff like this? "Oh hey, just so I can feel vindicated and awesome, I want to point out to you how all of you are wrong for being fans of your favorite football team."

Who isn't going to be angry at a loss? That was a game that could have been won. Frankly, without homer glasses, there was a 10 point swing in that game directly related to the ineptitude of the officials. (Josh Wilson TD run back with the play blown dead anyone? PI non calls? Personal foul non calls?) How about the officials not knowing the rules?

Injuries have decimated our defense. This is a better team than last year. We will win more games. The quality of the officiating is affecting the outcomes. There is no fault in being angry about losing games like this.

I was expecting this team to be 9-7 with a shot at the playoffs at the end of the season, but because of the defense and the schedule that's in front of them, this team could be in for long spell of losing. TB will be tough down there, Minnesota just took down SF and Atlanta will be coming in here to take names. Then they have road games at both the Giants and Pittsburgh. The future doesn't look bright right now. Add to the fact that the OL sucks and RG3 is taking massive hits.

The OP is flawed.

I thought we would be a losing team because I thought our QB would struggle and I thought our offense would struggle.

The fact that our offense improves and our defense looks like it was built incorrectly, needs a major overhaul, and is a total disaster is what concerns me.

I know we aren't winning a championship this year, but I expected our rebuilt portions of the team to at least play at a professional level, not collegiate.

Getting RGIII was the right move. We just don't have the roster to win with him, we gave up too much to get him, and we've no cap space to build quality pieces around him.

How can you argue that we gave up too much to get Griffin based on this year's results? The only pick we gave up that would be (hopefully) contributing in 2012 was a 2nd-round pick. Unless you believe we would have turned that pick into an entire secondary, I don't think we're feeling the pain of the Griffin trade this year...especially if you take into account how much better we are at QB so far.

Archived