Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ten Reasons Why Cedric Griffin III will be a failure

Teller

Much has been made of the debut of rookie first-year quarterback Cedric Griffin III. And while I like the guy a lot, there are a few things of which we should probably take just a little precaution of.

First, he's a rookie.

Rookies tend to be up and down, like Kim Kardashian on her NBA player of the week. And while Griffin wasn't by any means jiggly in the season opener, there are going to be times when he's going to crack. This probably will happen under intense pressure, the likes of which Miss Kardashian's most predominate feature is no longer capable.

Second..."No pressure, no diamonds."

This isn't even an original catch phrase. This is like copping "Whatcha gonna do, brother, when the 24-inch pythons run wild on yooouuuu!!!!" Griffith couldn't steal that one, because his thighs aren't even 24 inches, let alone his biceps. His waist? Maybe. He does remind me quite a bit, physically, of one of those male ballerinas. But thank God he wears more.

Third...Griffining.

So wait, your highlight from your first-ever debut game is sitting on the field? Seriously? If that was all it took, Albert Haynesworth would be a hall of famer. And to make matters worse, we have a whole legion of interwebz Redskins fans bringing attention to the fact that sitting on the field was his best play? Good grief. Even Tony Romo sits to pee grabbed his facemask and pretended he was embarrassed to be sitting his lazy ass down.

Fourth...He's the third.

Obviously Robert Griffin I didn't make it in the NFL. And has anyone heard of Robert Griffin II? Exactly. So why am I supposed to believe Robert Griffin III is any better than his previous incarnations?

Fifth...We've tried black quarterbacks before.

Tony Banks? Jason Campbell? Doug Williams? Which one of them ever did anything? Williams won a Super Bowl, sure, but everyone knows he wasn't always a black quarterback.

Sixth...He's got 4.35 speed.

4.35 seconds to move his arm from his shoulder past the earhole on his helmet? That's beyond dreadful. I tried it. Taking 4.35 seconds to perform a throwing motion caused the ball to travel exactly 22.6". And that was after the bounce and roll.

Seventh...We've got no Luck.

Not only was Andrew Luck the first player taken overall in the NHL draft, he went to a team with a HORSESHOE as its logo!!!!!!!! How lucky can you get? And everyone knows it's luck and Luck that wins football games. (Week 1 of this season aside.)

Eighth...I've made it this far, so now I almost feel like this has to be a top-10 list.

He eats at Subway, when EVERYONE knows Quiznos is better. They invented the toasted sub. Subway doesn't even toast all of theirs. So Subway, really, is only half toasted...like Tastes Like Chicken before the lot opens at FedEx.

Ninth...Sigh. Has this become as tiresome for you as it has for me?

The socks. As Michael Jordan proved in the 70's, it's all about the SHOES. The shoes, Money; the shoes. No self-respecting guy cares about his socks, other than making sure he doesn't wear brown ones with black dress pants.

And tenth...The Redskins are where players go to suck and get a paycheck anyway.

Baylor didn't want him anymore, and yet Dan Snyder decided to pay this guy millions to finish out his career sitting on the field. More of the same from a guy with more money than football sense.

I simply can't take it. Someone, please give me a reason to be excited.

This whole thread is ridiculous, but one thing really bothered me:

I know for a fact that Doug Williams was a black quarterback for all but about 2 years of his career. He also spent several years after his retirement as a black coach, if it matters.

I thought he was an affirmative action hire at Grambling.

My bad. Thanks for the fact check.

#3 & #5 just about killed me, I laughed so hard. Mostly at the "everyone knows D. Williams wasn't always a black quarterback" :rotflmao:

Thanks H_H. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added September-11th-2012 at 11:05 PM ----------

Most definitely shades of Pittman for Two. Haha. Awesome post.

Wow. Haven't seen that guy in a long time. Whatever happened to him? His posts were always entertaining.

Archived