Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vote: Redskins vs Saints for AFN Game of the Week

Popeman38

We are in the home stretch, less than a week away from the agony caused by no football. Some of us got a slight fix this weekend with CFB firing back up. But the real deal starts tomorrow night, and the Skins start rolling on Sunday.

For those of us lucky enough to be either STHs or live in the Redskins viewing area, watching the Skins on Sunday is a no brainer. For the last 5 years my cousin has been one of those lucky STHs (Clinton "F'n" Portis to ES). Well this year is different. He is deployed to the ME. He will be deployed until after the SB, meaning he will be missing not just football season, but all the joys that go with it (tailgating, BEER, hangin out with family and friends, talkin smack with Cowboy fans). The least I could do for him would be to start a thread each week asking the ES faithful to head over to AFN and vote for the Skins to be featured as the Game of the Week:

https://www.facebook.com/myAFN

As of this morning, these were the standings:

St. Louis Rams @ Detroit Lions 4%

Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets 8%

Indianapolis Colts @ Chicago Bears 14%

Atlanta Falcons @ Kansas City Chiefs 5%

New England Patriots @ Tennessee Titans 7%

Philadelphia Eagles @ Cleveland Browns 10%

Miami Dolphins @ Houston Texans 5%

Washington Redskins @ New Orleans Saints 18%

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Minnesota Vikings 3%

Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals 3%

Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2%

San Francisco 49ers @ Green Bay Packers 20%

So I am begging ES members to go and vote as many times as you can and help bring a little touch of home to Redskins fans deployed the world over!

Thanks.

FWIW, I tried voting a few times using Chrome with no luck, however I decided to try Internet Explorer and was able to put a vote in. For those not familiar with the AFN FB page, click on the big F where it says "Fan's Choice" to get the vote in. I'll try keep voting, and please thank your Cousin for his/her service. I thank the rest of the brave service members for protecting my family and I, and I hope this small gesture helps them get to see RGIII's first game as a Redskin. God Bless and Stay Safe!

Also, for all of those in this thread who are not active anymore but who played a part in keeping this country safe, you have my most sincere appreciation and respect! I hope you all are well in mind, body and soul!

I was too late to vote but see the Skins won anyway. I'll miss the game myself as I'm deployed myself but will be in the field on Sunday (Jungles of Colombia). Next week be sure to post the request early.
Will do.

Thanks everybody for voting. My cousin dropped me an email at 0-dark-30 ecstatic the Skins won the vote.

Well, these were the final vote counts:

Wed 9/5)

Cowboys @ Giants * +

(Sun 9/9)

Redskins @ Saints 136 *

49'ers @ Packers 132 *

Colts @ Bears 91 *

Seahawks @ Cardinals 71

Eagles @ Browns 68

Bills @ Jets 54 +

Patriots @ Titans 46 *

Falcons @ Chiefs 37 +

Dolphins @ Texans 35

Rams @ Lions 30

Jaguars @ Vikings 20

Panthers @ Buccaneers 16*

Steelers @ Broncos *

(Mon 9/10)

Bengals @ Ravens *

Chargers @ Raiders *

* indicates the game will be broadcast live on an AFN Channel. Skins won by 4 votes, and will be the game of the week on the main AFN Channel. Anyone that's been deployed will know what I say when I state that the "commercials" are cheesy and depressing. Vision of home? Gee, I didn't miss it enough being thousands of miles away and walkin around in body armor and carrying a SAW. Thanks for showing me the National Christmas tree and everybody having a blast skating at Rockefeller Center.

Archived