Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

skins1206

Good rounds tonight double. Most of them were painful. I feel like I'm playing hardcore with how fast I die. We had a few good comebacks though. Some of the maps are growing on me.

We didn't have much help getting B tonight, mostly you and I going after it. I'm getting used to some of the maps as well. Aftermath sucks ****ing ass, and my first time playing on Turbine was one of the worst games of my life. 3-17 and rage quit. We had some real good matches on the aircraft carrier.

Am i tripping, or were they spawning the other team ahead of Bdom when they had it secured on Hijacked (the yacht level). Our team would push to B, I'd try to get it, and suddenly on the radar there are multiple red dots appearing from behind.

I love this game. But man is it frustrating. I can't seem to get off to a good start. I find myself starting 0-5, 0-7, 1-9 and then having to claw back to a 13-16 or 12-10. The spawn points absolutely cripple me and I seem to lose a lot of close range gun fights even when I register hit markers. Probably my choice of weapon.

This is the hardest CoD game yet. And for that reason it may be my favorite. I got bored with the others. Too easy. This one is a challenge. There are improvements that need to be made. If the only real one made is spawn points, I'd be a happy camper. No one should ever spawn in front of an enemy. Ever. Taking three steps and being shot by 1, 2, or 5 red dots isn't in the least bit fun and its infuriating. I'd guess my KD, while still not good, would be closer to 1 if it didn't include deaths from stupid spawns.

Also, I really like the hard point mode.

As far as set up, I'm thinking about running a double primary weapon set up of AR + Sniper Rifle. I have a SMG + Sniper set-up that is good for some maps, but there are others where you need long range and medium range set ups to succeed.

^

Of all the wildcards, Overkill is the one I haven't considered using. I've been changing up my classes constantly.

The spawns suck, but the biggest factor in this game is that Ghost is unlocked at the final level. Because of that, I do not see a lot of silencers out there. There is wayyy too much anticipation in this game, everyone is ready for me. I'm not a big ****in fan of the mini map right now, because that's everyones focal point. I think Ghost makes the game more about skill, because you have to use your in-game senses to kill those people, not timing someone's red dot on the mini map.

People who don't use Ghost get what's coming to them, they're letting me kill them Atari style. I was doing that in '87.

To each his own, but I'm about to start spamming Counter UAVs. Mother****ers.

^

Of all the wildcards, Overkill is the one I haven't considered using. I've been changing up my classes constantly.

Why not?

The spawns suck, but the biggest factor in this game is that Ghost is unlocked at the final level. Because of that, I do not see a lot of silencers out there. There is wayyy too much anticipation in this game, everyone is ready for me. I'm not a big ****in fan of the mini map right now, because that's everyones focal point. I think Ghost makes the game more about skill, because you have to use your in-game senses to kill those people, not timing someone's red dot on the mini map.

I can't STAND when I die because someone is sitting in one spot timing up my arrival on their damn mini-map. Drives me nuts. I don't blame them, either. It's a free kill. But mingia is it annoying.

To each his own, but I'm about to start spamming Counter UAVs. Mother****ers.

The thought absolutely crossed my mind.

I went 9-4...I WENT 9-4! Now if I can just stop going 3-11 all of the time.

I'm so bad at aiming that I switched to Hardcore TDM so my chances of getting kills are better. I just need to get to know the maps, creep around corners, get better guns, and learn how to aim better. Only then will I achieve a K/D ratio above .6

It's too bad counter UAV is 7-8 kills, and doesn't seem to last that long. A big problem is I don't see anyone using rocket launchers to shoot stuff down. It counts towards your kill streak too.

I agree. Counter UAV should be one spot above UAV like in MW3. I don't carry a launcher myself, I don't even carry a secondary. With the pick 10 system, I've been running 3 attachments on my guns and that takes up a lot of space. Even if I had a launcher, I never got in the habit of shooting UAVs down in previous CODs, just helicopters and the stuff that would actually kill me.

I never needed a launcher in mw3. Just scavenger and an ACR. Shooting down hellis with two and a half clips.

Unlocked the scar last night. Put in some work with it. It's a pretty good gun. It doesn't feel like a BB gun, and actually reminds me of the Scar from BF3. Might be my favorite AR yet.

Also, the schock charge is crazy useful.

I never needed a launcher in mw3. Just scavenger and an ACR. Shooting down hellis with two and a half clips.

Unlocked the scar last night. Put in some work with it. It's a pretty good gun. It doesn't feel like a BB gun, and actually reminds me of the Scar from BF3. Might be my favorite AR yet.

Also, the schock charge is crazy useful.

in mw3, blind eye pro and acr extended mag was 1 clip for uav/cuav, 1 for the heli, 2 for osprey gunner and pavelow, reaper <1, ac 130 was unshootable. that is my favorite perk in that game. i popped in black ops 1 the other day and the heli was quite annoying and tough to shoot down.

the counter uav was overpowered in black ops 2.

i will have the game around the beginning of december.

Yesterday afternoon I was handling things in TDM with the LSAT. Fore grip and FMJ on there, guns pretty sick. Walls are paper, but the muzzle flash is pretty rough. Lightweight, toughness, cold blooded, extreme cond, bouncing betties.

Only time I ever shot UAVs down was in Black Ops to unlock Ghost Pro. Once I'm comfortable with the game I'll set aside an anti aircraft class to take out the big killstreaks. Btw, the Stealth Chopper's gun sounds like a long, muffled fart.

Random...

When MW3 came out, I was one of the VERY few on ES who said it was the worst COD ever made, when most folks on here loved it...

And now the new Black Ops 2 is out...and i LOVE IT....and many ES'ers are saying its the worst CoD ever. :shrug:

I'm with you.

I thought MW3 was awful.

BO2 kicks some serious tail. Loving it so far.

Had some good games last night, my opinion is changing a bit. MSMC with fast mag or silencer is good. The B23R might be my favorite weapon in the game. K/D and SPM are back where they should be.

Still don't particularly care for the maps. Surprising since Black Ops had some great maps, but their really aren't any similar to, say, Firing Range that I've seen so far.

what a difference a connection makes...

I know all the cool guys talk about their K/D's and their precious score per minute.....but just to give you an idea.....

In a game I had a very crap connection (i had 2 bars, enemy bad guys had 4), i went 2-14.....

in a game I was host (after reconfiguration) i went 14-2...

Just goes to show, talent means NOTHING in this game, connection/bars are everything....

and there's nothing anybody can say to refute that....its a fact...connection means everything....

i just wanted to establish that as this post moves forward. :)

::edit:: i was host and just went 9-0 in Demolition......

what a difference a connection makes...

I know all the cool guys talk about their K/D's and their precious score per minute.....but just to give you an idea.....

In a game I had a very crap connection (i had 2 bars, enemy bad guys had 4), i went 2-14.....

in a game I was host (after reconfiguration) i went 14-2...

Just goes to show, talent means NOTHING in this game, connection/bars are everything....

and there's nothing anybody can say to refute that....its a fact...connection means everything....

i just wanted to establish that as this post moves forward. :)

::edit:: i was host and just went 9-0 in Demolition......

Host has had the advantage in every game ever. Welcome to online gaming lol

Okay ES, I need help. I am stationed in Guam and my internet sucks. I hate playing shooter games online because it lags so bad. I am told that you can set up the game and/or the console to play only people online local to you. Can someone give me a step by step process on how to do this? I can't figure it out and I miss playing online.

Okay ES, I need help. I am stationed in Guam and my internet sucks. I hate playing shooter games online because it lags so bad. I am told that you can set up the game and/or the console to play only people online local to you. Can someone give me a step by step process on how to do this? I can't figure it out and I miss playing online.

I've never done it but I assume you'll need as many consoles as you have players and then set them up in a LAN. I'm not sure how hard it is to set up after that but I assume anyone with any sort of networking skills will be able to do it with ease.

I've never done it but I assume you'll need as many consoles as you have players and then set them up in a LAN. I'm not sure how hard it is to set up after that but I assume anyone with any sort of networking skills will be able to do it with ease.

I'm not talking about setting up a LAN game. I'm trying to play over the internet. But to only play people in Guam and area around it instead of playing against on guy in Virginia, one in Paris, etc.....

I'm not talking about setting up a LAN game. I'm trying to play over the internet. But to only play people in Guam and area around it instead of playing against on guy in Virginia, one in Paris, etc.....

I've never heard of that and I didn't think it was possible on any game system. I would assume that the feature would need to be built into the game itself. Actually, I think I remember something like that existing in the original Black Ops.

Don't think what you're talking about is possible. Matchmaking looks to put you with people that have similar ping, but in isolated areas that's difficult so it throws you with the nearest high-pop area. Don't know of any way to restrict it to ONLY search for a certain ping.

I've never heard of that and I didn't think it was possible on any game system. I would assume that the feature would need to be built into the game itself. Actually, I think I remember something like that existing in the original Black Ops.
Don't think what you're talking about is possible. Matchmaking looks to put you with people that have similar ping, but in isolated areas that's difficult so it throws you with the nearest high-pop area. Don't know of any way to restrict it to ONLY search for a certain ping.

Well......crap!

Archived