Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

8 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

The Cruz amendment did not win friends. Face it, the Republican party is dysfunctional when it comes to getting things done. Opposing Ds and winning elections, yes. Legislating, no.

They got elected!  They're the only people in the US (minus meteorologists) who can be wrong & still keep their jobs.

STOP ELECTING PEOPLE WHO DO NOTHING FOR YOU THAT YOU STILL PAY FOR.

Commentator on NPR, just now, commenting on the two defectors.  Along the lines of "And they arranged it so that they came out together, kind of like giving one blank round to the firing squad.  It means that both of them can pretend that it was the other one that killed the bill."  

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

The Dems should be happy about this.  Why aren't they?   

This died because it wasn't extreme enough in stripping health care protections for Americans.

I have zero faith that GOP "moderates" will stick to their guns and prevent a far right bill from passing.

This turd that is being labeled healthcare legislation has died each time because of the most extreme ideologues not getting their way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

This died because it wasn't extreme enough in stripping health care protections for Americans.

I have zero faith that GOP "moderates" will stick to their guns and prevent a far right bill from passing.

This turd that is being labeled healthcare legislation has died each time because of the most extreme ideologues not getting their way.

Politics makes strange bedfellows.  

Im glad it failed.  I don't care why it did 

21 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The Dems should be happy about this.  Why aren't they?   

Why should anyone be happy that both our legislative and executive branches are feckless, corrupt and impotent?  Although, you seem to take some joy in repeating your "Good let it fail" mantra.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Why should anyone be happy that both our legislative and executive branches are feckless, corrupt and impotent?  Although, you seem to take some joy in repeating your "Good let it fail" mantra.

I'm happy it failed.  I'm not happy that our govt at all levels is a dumpster fire. 

Im wondering why YOU aren't happy it failed.  

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I'm happy it failed.  I'm not happy that our govt at all levels is a dumpster fire. 

I think people are happy that it failed. They just don't see this as some big victory. Feels more like temporarily averting one skyscraper being knocked down 5 minutes in to Godzilla vs Rodan III.

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I'm amused that Trumpcare maybe failed.  I'll be "happy" when the GOP rises from its slumber and offers substantive legislation that addresses some of the less effective provisions of the ACA.

Save us John Kasich!!

Just a reminder that, at the end of the day, the AHCA was nothing but a tax break for the wealthy dressed up as a healthcare bill because the tax break was paid for by ripping Medicaid from the working class.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Save us John Kasich!!

Just a reminder that, at the end of the day, the AHCA was nothing but a tax break for the wealthy dressed up as a healthcare bill because the tax break was paid for by ripping Medicaid from the working class.

Wow.  You and I actually agree on something.