Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone see Heath Evans

arundelredskin

Heath Who? What position did he play? Oh that's right FB. A position that doesn't require you to have a lot of brains or learn who lot of plays that are specificallyy designed for you. So what does he know about a football system, how much it takes to learn the playbook or if Shanahan is able to tailor the offense to Griffin III's abilities? When was the last time he had to do any of that? From the looks of it he never had to do that otherwise he would still be employed by an NFL team.

I see, he is another follower of the false prophet McNabb. Apparently, he hasn't paid attention to the interviews that RGIII and the Shanahans are giving.
Indeed. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829dd5de/article/mike-shanahan-fit-the-system-to-robert-griffin-iii

Fit the system. Shanahan's no idiot.

(P.S. since I'm on NNT a :pint: for someone who posts that article in the stadium)

I'm still confused as to why they hired Heath Evans. Of course, they also hired Brian Baldinger. So maybe they're just mentally handicapped.

I still haven't gotten over the fact that Baldinger was dumb enough to say (during the Rams game in '05) that up to that point in the season, Portis' longest run was "Just 8 yards," when the dude broke like a 30 yd run in the first game of the season.

It's hard to forget something that staggeringly stupid. I've understood for awhile now that a lot of these guys really don't pay that much attention to what's going on...

His argument was Shanahan being a Super Bowl winning coach/coordinator, would likely not fit his system around RG3.

He then goes on to use Bill Belichick/Sean Payton to support his argument...

“I say not a chance, and here’s why,” Evans said. “When you’re talking about Mike Shanahan as a head coach, here’s what you’ve got. As a head coach, two Super Bowl wins. As an offensive coordinator, ’94 with the Niners, another Super Bowl. These coaches get stuck in their ways. They want to do things their way.”

"When you look at the success that other young quarterbacks have had — look at Tebow last year, look at Cam Newton — their offensive coordinators made them comfortable,” Evans went on. “My time with Tom Brady, my time with Drew Brees, Sean Payton and Bill Belichick, what do you like, what don’t you like? What do you want to do and won’t don’t you want to do? That is huge.

---------- Post added June-17th-2012 at 12:48 AM ----------

Sapp had to change it up. He has picked us as a "dark-horse" candidate the last couple of years or so, and he has been wrong. :)

His argument was Shanahan being a Super Bowl winning coach/coordinator, would likely not fit his system around RG3.

He then goes on to use Bill Belichick/Sean Payton to support his argument...

“I say not a chance, and here’s why,” Evans said. “When you’re talking about Mike Shanahan as a head coach, here’s what you’ve got. As a head coach, two Super Bowl wins. As an offensive coordinator, ’94 with the Niners, another Super Bowl. These coaches get stuck in their ways. They want to do things their way.”

"When you look at the success that other young quarterbacks have had — look at Tebow last year, look at Cam Newton — their offensive coordinators made them comfortable,” Evans went on. “My time with Tom Brady, my time with Drew Brees, Sean Payton and Bill Belichick, what do you like, what don’t you like? What do you want to do and won’t don’t you want to do? That is huge.

It's funny because Evans wasn't there when Brady became a starter, and he jumped on the the Saints in the middle of a Super Bowl run. Also, Bill Belichick isn't an offensive coordinator, and the Patriots system hasn't changed since Brady became the starter and Charlie Weis installed it; the only thing that changes is the coordinators.

Evans is basically the white dude version of Jamie Dukes---a career, average as balls player who was able to get on T.V because he says stupid as hell things. Every bit of news coming out of Redskins Park is about how we're molding our offense to RG3.

Just another dummy saying dumb things...

I don't think we will win the East this year, but if we were to finish better than one of our division rivals, we likely could make the playoffs.

That will be a challenge, but you never know what can happen in the NFL. The Skins have made the playoffs 3 times since 99', coming off losing seasons.

Don't count any team out in June:

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2012/06/who-will-be-new-almost-fantastic-four.html

What's more, most of the playoff newcomers in a given year were losers the previous year. It's not just that on average, six of the twelve playoff teams are fresh faces, but that four of those six were 7-9 or worse one year prior. Here's the full list, going back to 1999 -- 48 teams have taken the loser-to-postseason leap in thirteen campaigns, 3.7 per year. The numbers fell off a bit in '07 and in '09, when several 8-8 teams make the leap, but last year, five teams jumped from the doghouse to the NFL penthouse, the third time this has occurred since the '99 season.

Must be nice to be in a lavish LA studio, being paid to give insight, when you apparentlydon't pay attention to a damn thing that's going on in the NFL. I'm normally not one to complain abou tth emedia, since they are what they are at this point (and most of the people who complain religously about them watch them 24/7), but that irks the hel out of me.

Guys that constantly mispronounce names, guys that get blatantly obvious stats dead wrong, guys with opinions that are so off base that you'd think they've been on the run from the dudes in white coats, etc etc. At least get 2-3, for ****s sake.

I'm still confused as to why they hired Heath Evans. Of course, they also hired Brian Baldinger. So maybe they're just mentally handicapped.

I'm confused why they've hire whom they have. Won't be long before NFL network is history IMO. Dull mouthpiece for the NFL hierarchy.

I'm confused why they've hire whom they have. Won't be long before NFL network is history IMO. Dull mouthpiece for the NFL hierarchy.

They take the "talkative" types.

I'd wager money that they'll go out and try to get Ray Lewis after he retires and then ignore London Fletcher.

Well that, and the fact that they're appealing to only football fans, which is the majority of sports fan, but stil not a massive demographic like other networks have. They also have worse football coverage then ESPN. Almost nothing to fill a 24 schedule. And are innaccesible to most Americans without upgraded cable packaging. Most of whom don't care enough (or have enough money) to get it.

Well that, and the fact that they're appealing to only football fans, which is the majority of sports fan, but stil not a massive demographic like other networks have. They also have worse football coverage then ESPN. Almost nothing to fill a 24 schedule. And are innaccesible to most Americans without upgraded cable packaging. Most of whom don't care enough (or have enough money) to get it.

During the offseason I agree that they're lacking in 24 hours of material. However, in season their coverage is pretty damn good. I like their highlights over ESPN's

During the offseason I agree that they're lacking in 24 hours of material. However, in season their coverage is pretty damn good. I like their highlights over ESPN's

Agreed on this. You'd just think that for a station called NFL Network they'd have AWESOME offseason coverage...and its really rather poor.

Agreed on this. You'd just think that for a station called NFL Network they'd have AWESOME offseason coverage...and its really rather poor.

And it seems like they had a LOT of content they showed before. Hell, they've got a whole stock pile of stuff on Hulu that, if they're not going to create new content, would totally fit there. Instead, during the offseason, they just rely on old Hard Knocks episodes and Top 10 and old episodes of Sound FX. But during the season, their **** is top notch, far more in depth than anything on ESPN.

I think Steve Sabol being ill might have something to do with it.

And it seems like they had a LOT of content they showed before. Hell, they've got a whole stock pile of stuff on Hulu that, if they're not going to create new content, would totally fit there. Instead, during the offseason, they just rely on old Hard Knocks episodes and Top 10 and old episodes of Sound FX. But during the season, their **** is top notch, far more in depth than anything on ESPN.

I think Steve Sabol being ill might have something to do with it.

I think that's actually a very good guess. I read somewhere that if Sabol wasn't sick, it would have been ten times easier to convince someone to go on Hard Knocks. I'm sure its had a fairly large effect on their programming as well.

---------- Post added June-18th-2012 at 11:40 AM ----------

Well, I think we can win the East this year.

I'm normally a realist (which to some on ES every season means pessimist), but I agree with you. We're gonna surprise.

Archived