Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Trent Williams intends to become a better player and leader M.E.T.

aqq

It would be great if he had an outstanding year at LT and we could trade him for a 1st or 2 2nd round picks. I don't THINK we have seen an end to his token days and that may be the same for Fred Davis. Williams has a huge contract and I don't think another team would trade for him because of what he did last year to get banned. We are off the hook with Davis this year if the substance abuse issue arises but we are stuck with Williams. I hope I am wrong about both but time will tell.

Is this a serious post? Why would you trade away an outstanding LT?

Let's face it. Trent ain't no Chris Samuels.

I'll go on record as saying that I think he is our next Chris Samuels. People don't realize just how good Trent can be. And all this "prove it on the field" stuff is nonsense. He already has been unless you've been watching other games. With RG3's quick trigger, I bet big Trent has himself a beast of a year.

Is this a serious post? Why would you trade away an outstanding LT?

Because of this wording in my post: I don't THINK we have seen an end to his token days and that may be the same for Fred Davis. I do follow up with this at the end: I hope I am wrong about both but time will tell.

Because of this wording in my post: I don't THINK we have seen an end to his token days and that may be the same for Fred Davis. I do follow up with this at the end: I hope I am wrong about both but time will tell.

So you think he's going to smoke again, so you're willing to trade him away? For something he might do? RG3 might go on a shooting spree in downtown DC tomorrow, should we trade him away?

There's not that much to go on, from a few quick interviews.

I don't think Williams meant he was planning to be a 'fiery leader' -- rather I get the sense he wanted to establish his credentials as a serious player who leads by example.

The question is, how much of this was just words for public consumption, because Williams had to say something?

If he comes into camp, in decent shape, and rededicated to being as good a left tackle as possible -- then he's backing up his words. But right now, it's still just words.

I wish Williams all the best. He's gotten his wakeup call, and he's now under the scrutiny of the NFL. Trent's career path is very much in his hands, and in how seriously he takes the situation. I hope the best for him.

I don't think he get's it. He got at least 3 positive tests for dope in less then a year, but all is well in his mind - no lifestyle changes required??? He is a major weak link on the team. Hope he does not turn out like Fatty McFat Albert part II I t am beginning to wonder....

I don't think he get's it. He got at least 3 positive tests for dope in less then a year, but all is well in his mind - no lifestyle changes required??? He is a major weak link on the team. Hope he does not turn out like Fatty McFat Albert part II I t am beginning to wonder....

And I am beginning to wonder about the cognitive aptitude of some members on this board regarding their over the top, drama queen reactions to certain scenarios, situations and statements. Seriously...did you read anything in this thread other than the OP?

i should of stayed out of this thread but trent won't be smoking again.

Thanks for the info, LL. He's a very good LT but my thoughts were what they were as mentioned on my post. Been hammered by others and I guess rightly so but I didn't want to see players with issues and possible future issues stay on this team as a distraction, to include FD. Hopefully, he will be doing the same. Thanks again.

And I am beginning to wonder about the cognitive aptitude of some members on this board regarding their over the top, drama queen reactions to certain scenarios, situations and statements. Seriously...did you read anything in this thread other than the OP?

I'm beginning to wonder why people resort to personal attacks when other members express their opinion.

I'm beginning to wonder why people resort to personal attacks when other members express their opinion.

I was attacking the ideas and reactions, not the person in general. Hence why I said "regarding their over the top, drama queen reactions" when talking about cognitive functioning. If I think the reactions or ideas are stupid, I will say it. IMO that poster's were stupid as it didn't seem like he/she had even read any of the posts in this thread where people put forth good arguments as to why we should relax a bit and not jump to conclusions with Trent and his situation. But that poster just came in and went off on the same reactionary tangent while providing little to no substance to back up his/her claims and opinions.

So you think he's going to smoke again, so you're willing to trade him away? For something he might do? RG3 might go on a shooting spree in downtown DC tomorrow, should we trade him away?

I agree with your premise that Trent certainly could be fine from this point out. But your comparison, is a little silly. Is there anything to suggest RG3 has a history that would suggest that behavior? No. Trent on the other hand now has a history of apparently multiple positive drug tests. What is the best predictor of future behavior? Past behavior.

Ultimately, this whole back and forth on this thread is somewhat silly. None of us know the circumstances behind his use and what he has done to prevent it from happening again. Basically, you can flip a coin to tell us what will happen with him from this point forward.

---------- Post added May-8th-2012 at 08:00 PM ----------

So if this article and if the media reports of him failing the drug test 10 times are true then at the very least he was a daily pot smoker before he got caught the 1st time and the weed never left his system for a month +. At worst he kept smoking after he failed the 1st time leading to him keep testing positive. Either way it shows immaturity and i hope he has learned his lesson.

There are a lot of factors we don't know. I'm a probation officer and have administered thousands of drug tests over the last twelve years. It is true that in theory marijuana can stay in your system for 30+ days if certain factors exist. You do have to be a very frequent user to get caught that many days after your last use. Also, THC is stored in your body fat, so the bigger guy you are the more likely you are to store marijuana for longer periods. We don't know how many tests it was and over what kind of duration. Hard to make any determination without more information. But it is safe to assume he has probably used multiple times.

---------- Post added May-8th-2012 at 08:02 PM ----------

Geez - Take the man at his word unless he proves otherwise. He said that he learned from his mistakes and aims to become a better leader and player. Everyone knows what he did and the penalty meted out. He knows that he will be a target of further drug testing and the consequences if he pops positive again. Enough salt in the wound.

I think Williams deserves to face all of the scrutiny and criticism. He knew all of the risks and consequences of his actions BEFORE he decided to smoke pot. He has chosen to put his career in jeopardy and his actions have hurt this team. Hard to take a man like that at his word.

Well to be fair, RG3 doesn't have a history of shooting sprees.

I like what Graziano said in today's NFC East Chat.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/43730/nfl-with-dan-graziano

Trent Williams (DC): Man, I know I said I learned my lesson, but what happens if I fail another drug test?

Dan Graziano (12:14 PM): You lose out on more money than I and everyone else on this chat combined will ever see in our lives. Don't wake up in a roadside ditch, Trent.

If Williams has any rational self-interest and impulse control, then he will get his act together.

Mine to be nine year old niece has an addiction for massacring walls with crayons. The first time she plastered 6 or 7 different colors all over my freshly painted basement wall I just took a deep breathe and told her nicely not to do that again and gave her two scoops ice cream. She said she was sorry and she won't do it again. About a month later she was invited to come over for my daughter's fifth birthday party we had all kind of games and food set up in my back yard and front yard for the kids to enjoy. After an hour or so I noticed my niece was missing. I went into the house and down to the basement and there she was massacring less then a month old freshly painted basement walls with my daughter's box of Crayons. She also took it upon herself redesigned my 42 inch Toshiba. She again told me she was sorry and it won't happen again. As you could have imagined how upset i was upon seeing this but I kept my calm and just firmly told her that was not cool and sent her back up to the on going party (really wanted to spanked the hell out of her but didn't want to ruin the party). That next few days the wife and I spent repainting our basement walls and cleaning my LCD TV. About two weeks later my niece came by with her dad to visit but this time i was smarter and hid all the pens, crayons, markers and anything that can be used to turn my wall into her work of art. To make the story short while i was hanging out with her dad in the back yard she completed a bathroom makeover with crayons. She was much smarter then me, she brought her own crayons. So now I banned her, her dad and her mom from my house until she out grew this addition.

Sorry Trent I am somewhat jaded by this experience and do not believe in what you say. But I am a Redskins fan to my marrow I will support you as long as you are still on the team. smoke all the weed you need to but just don't get caught cuz the team needs you.

i should of stayed out of this thread but trent won't be smoking again.

I bet you he will, the million dollar question (or multi-million in tokey's case) is will he be caught again or not?

I hope he manages to pull his head out of his ass, but odds are against him being mature enough to do that imo.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

<niece story>

Sorry Trent I am somewhat jaded by this experience and do not believe in what you say. But I am a Redskins fan to my marrow I will support you as long as you are still on the team. smoke all the weed you need to but just don't get caught cuz the team needs you.

Is there a reason that you are using a 9 year old to compare to Trent Williams? How does that even come close to being rational? Or are you saying that you believe Trent has the self control and mental/emotional development of a young child?

Mine to be nine year old niece has an addiction for massacring walls with crayons. The first time she plastered 6 or 7 different colors all over my freshly painted basement wall I just took a deep breathe and told her nicely not to do that again and gave her two scoops ice cream. She said she was sorry and she won't do it again. About a month later she was invited to come over for my daughter's fifth birthday party we had all kind of games and food set up in my back yard and front yard for the kids to enjoy. After an hour or so I noticed my niece was missing. I went into the house and down to the basement and there she was massacring less then a month old freshly painted basement walls with my daughter's box of Crayons. She also took it upon herself redesigned my 42 inch Toshiba. She again told me she was sorry and it won't happen again. As you could have imagined how upset i was upon seeing this but I kept my calm and just firmly told her that was not cool and sent her back up to the on going party (really wanted to spanked the hell out of her but didn't want to ruin the party). That next few days the wife and I spent repainting our basement walls and cleaning my LCD TV. About two weeks later my niece came by with her dad to visit but this time i was smarter and hid all the pens, crayons, markers and anything that can be used to turn my wall into her work of art. To make the story short while i was hanging out with her dad in the back yard she completed a bathroom makeover with crayons. She was much smarter then me, she brought her own crayons. So now I banned her, her dad and her mom from my house until she out grew this addition.

Wait, now Trent is the equivalent of a nine-year-old girl in terms of maturity and self-control? How do you know that?

Trent got busted 3 times at least.....And NOW he has a change of heart? (did he know he was busted the first time and then do it again?)

Put me in the talk is cheap category

How many players have self distructed when they could have had Monster careers?

Now...before you say I was predicting his downfall...I am not.....BUT

He NEEDS to change or else.....and change only Starts with acknowledgment

Archived