Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Cut QB John Beck [Pro Football Talk]

skinsfan07

This hasn't been posted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/28/report-redskins-cut-john-beck/

When the Redskins drafted Kirk Cousins with the 102nd overall pick in the draft, you knew there were going to be repercussions for the quarterbacks already on the team’s roster.

It doesn’t seem to haven taken long for those repercussions to be felt. Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network reported during the draft that the team has already parted ways with John Beck.

Neither the fact that the team would make the move nor the speed with which they reportedly made it is particularly surprising. With Robert Griffin III and Rex Grossman already on the roster, Cousins’ addition meant that he was fairly certain to be the third quarterback this year. The team has Jonathan Crompton on the roster as a camp/workout arm and that left no role for Beck.

rest at link. :ols:

I posted this in the draft day thread about 40 seconds after I saw the pick:

Phone call taking place right now:

Ring Ring

Barbara Beck (John's wife): Hello?

Scott Campbell: Hey Barbara. Is your husband home?

Barbara: No, he's trying to find a reporter to talk to to say that he's going to compete with the "new guy" for the starting job.

Scott: Great. We've got some here at the park. Could you have him swing by? He can bring his playbook. The coaches are here too. Thanks. Goodbye, I have to get back in there. (click)

Barbara (to John): Hey John, they want you at the park with your playbook to review stuff with the coaches!

John: GREAT. They believe in me!

So, it appears as though that was pretty predictable.

Thanks John. Go back to Utah and ride mountain bikes and enjoy life. You're a good guy with a bad hair cut. Lots of luck.

---------- Post added April-28th-2012 at 04:21 PM ----------

Somewhere Thom Laverro is crying.

Archived