Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Twitter: Fletcher is Back!!! (Unofficially official thread)

IONTOP

That report was wrong, they came out and corrected it later to 6M+.

I still don't know how they're doing it with draft picks included tho.

Maybe they expect the appeal to finish before June 1, but after the draft? Use rule of 51 to sign draft picks since only Griffin should cost a lot, and then win the arbitration before June 1 cuts happen, allowing them to have the full cap allotment for when the cuts come down?

Maybe they expect the appeal to finish before June 1, but after the draft? Use rule of 51 to sign draft picks since only Griffin should cost a lot, and then win the arbitration before June 1 cuts happen, allowing them to have the full cap allotment for when the cuts come down?

There may also be restructures to come that may change our cap space to in order to accomodate our draft picks.

Either that or we restructure a lot of contracts (maybe release/trade Moss, Gaffney, or Cooley)

There's a part of me that's sad for Fletcher. Not because he's back... that's great, but I feel like he deserved more wooing and love from teams around the NFL. Maybe he got it and I didn't hear about it, but it feels like there wasn't a huge market for him. Maybe it's his age, maybe gms figure that he would have let the 'skins match and they didn't want to negotiate for the 'skins, but in any case... he didn't get the star treatment he deserved around the league.

That report was wrong, they came out and corrected it later to 6M+.

From what I understand, the media was going off 1 million figure from assuming subtraction of money saved for draftees, about 5 million. So Skins actually have/had 6 million cap space. With the Fletcher signing they'll likely restructure a couple contracts to recoup the cap hit from Fletcher's new contract and preserve the rookie pool cap space, as well as some extra for udfas and a little "just in case" cap space.

Archived