Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPo: CSU Students Claim they were beaten by Football Players (Brian's brother Mike Orakpo involved)

Jahbird

Mods, apologies if this belongs in another forum.

Did anyone see this Article today? Looks like Orakpo's character doesnt run in the family, SMH. I'm a little hesitant to condemn him yet, as he has not officially been linked to any beating, but an indefinite suspension is pretty damning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/09/csu-students-claim-they-w_n_1411668.html

I went looking for a less biased source than HuffPo and found this from the locals

http://plattsenergyweektv.com/news/article/201004/25/Mike-Orakpo-Brother-Of-Redskins-Star-Brian-Orakpo-Suspended-After-Fight-In-Fort-Collins-Colo

Too bad, because this article seems to indicate he has quite the future:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/mwest/2010-08-25-colorado-state-mike-orakpo_N.htm

Anyone who would start a fight like that and beat down someone is human scum. And people who travel in gangs to do something like this are cowardly punks. Sorry Brian, but it sounds like your little bro needs a serious ass woopin to remind him how it feels to get a beating.

Yeah...if the events happened like they did, they should all be kicked out of the school AND be sued. Athletes sometimes have an entitlement air about them that just pisses me off. These are the types that give athletes a bad rep...if the report is indeed true and the freshman didn't ask for it.

wow... just, wow...

so the players yelled at a passing SUV.. and these kids stopped to fire back at the Players? are they crazy!? keep driving, dudes..

regardless, violence is idiotic and always unnecessary.. i'm sure those involved will soon realize this.

wow... just, wow...

so the players yelled at a passing SUV.. and these kids stopped to fire back at the Players? are they crazy!? keep driving, dudes..

regardless, violence is idiotic and always unnecessary.. i'm sure those involved will soon realize this.

You may want to reread the story. You've got some of the facts wrong.

wow... just, wow...

I think it was the other way around and the kids were walking and the players were in the SUV.

I thought about making a thread when I saw this on the morning news. THose two dudes got ROCKED OFF.

The news reporters said Mike Rak and his friends were yelling at some kids on the sidewalk, and then hopped out of the car and jumped them for 5 minutes. FIVE MINUTES. That's a long time to get stomped on.

I wonder if Brian will speak on the situation...

Student athletes, and pro athletes too, represent the institutions for whom they play. Like it or not they're under extra scrutiny and need to take steps to ensure they are smart about how they behave. This is pathetic, even if the freshmen were "guilty" of insulting the players. There is no situation in which they'd be in the right, IMO, unless the freshmen were actually threatening them with weapons.

I'm glad the coach suspended them, but he needs to step up and be accountable too. In the article it says there have been groups of players roaming around looking for fights. I'm sure the coach caught wind of it, and he should have put an end to it immediately.

I think it was the other way around and the kids were walking and the players were in the SUV.

Yup. Totally disgusting. It would appear that Mike definitely does not have the same strength of character as Brian, if he indeed was involved with this.

Beating up on people when you're bigger than them and outnumber them? Gutless and disgusting.

I don't get how a person could do that, disgusting. Nice to see he has support, though.

Had a bunch of football players just come to my room and apologize for what happens [sic]. I agree it shouldn't make the whole team look bad! Only if nothing was done then I'd be upset and that isn't the case. Glad I have so many people who care though.

Brian doesn't have to speak on his brothers stupidity. He's an adult and can fend for himself. Now he will hopefully have to fend for himself from " Big Bubba and the ****meat sandwich" in jail... these players involved need jail time, no questions asked. Ironic that this happened though cus I got a call from my best friend over the weekend who was at Top Golf hitting some balls and Orakpo was up there. Got his autograph and said Brian was cool as hell...

When have we gotten so politically correct that you can't jump out of an SUV and beat the everloving crap out of a bunch of kids smaller than you?

Back in my day we were on the giving or receiving end of that stuff every weekend!!! Times were so much simpler then!!!

(joking)

I'm immediately reminded of Marcus Vick. By no means am I comparing Michael Vick and Brian Orakpo... just two younger siblings of brothers that are stars in the League acting as though they are invincible.

I hope they drop the hammer on these football players or I cross Colorado State off the list of where my kids can go to school.

I'm immediately reminded of Marcus Vick. By no means am I comparing Michael Vick and Brian Orakpo... just two younger siblings of brothers that are stars in the League acting as though they are invincible.

I hope they drop the hammer on these football players or I cross Colorado State off the list of where my kids can go to school.

bad figure to use in Michael Vick... what he did was far worse than anything Marcus Vick could ever do... he's just following the bloodlines of his athletic but ignorant older brother. Orakpo is a classy guy who looks to have kept himself away from the bad nest

Because all the facts have not been revealed, even if Mike was not involved in the beatings and was only the driver, he needs to understand that his actions not only affect him but also his big brother.

Even if that is what turns out to be the case and he didnt actually beat on these kids, he is still just as responsible. If he was just the driver, this incident doesnt happen if he doesnt stop the car. He is guilty either way.

This is so hard to comprehend, the fact that Brian's sibling could be involved in something like this. Brian is a good quality person. I had the pleasure of speaking with him at Tyson's Corner in 2010. He's very well spoken, very polite, and was an overall joy to be around. I felt honored to meet him.

Brian needs to whip some sense into his little brother, from what I've read the Orakpos are good family.

Because all the facts have not been revealed, even if Mike was not involved in the beatings and was only the driver, he needs to understand that his actions not only affect him but also his big brother.
Even if that is what turns out to be the case and he didnt actually beat on these kids, he is still just as responsible. If he was just the driver, this incident doesnt happen if he doesnt stop the car. He is guilty either way.

"he needs to understand that his actions not only affect him but also his big brother" The point I made was not only does his actions affect him but also his brother. Brian is a class act. HTTR!

"he needs to understand that his actions not only affect him but also his big brother" The point I made was not only does his actions affect him but also his brother. Brian is a class act. HTTR!

Gotcha. I misunderstood what you were saying. It will have a negative impact on Brian but not to the point that it will affect him. I know alot of people with stupid siblings and I would think no less of Brian as a person or player if his brother was actually involved.

This is so hard to comprehend, the fact that Brian's sibling could be involved in something like this. Brian is a good quality person. I had the pleasure of speaking with him at Tyson's Corner in 2010. He's very well spoken, very polite, and was an overall joy to be around. I felt honored to meet him.

Brian is actually very rude to that caveman in the Geico ads. Insensitive at best, and cruel at worst.

Archived