Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPo: CSU Students Claim they were beaten by Football Players (Brian's brother Mike Orakpo involved)

Jahbird

bad figure to use in Michael Vick... what he did was far worse than anything Marcus Vick could ever do... he's just following the bloodlines of his athletic but ignorant older brother. Orakpo is a classy guy who looks to have kept himself away from the bad nest

Oh I know, but Marcus was a turd at Warrick before he even got to Va Tech. I was just saying that was the first thing that came to mind. NFL Super Star older brother leaves a lot of room for entitled. Unfortunate for Rak...

Random that I actually came on to this forum, but I was interested to see if anything was posted since it was Brian's brother that was involved.

I go to CSU and I'm good friends and roommates with 4 of the guys on the team. Have gone out to the bars and hung out with Mike and Colton plenty of times, kind of surprised that they were involved in it but I know when they drink they can get pretty hotheaded.

I didn't even find out about the incident until Sunday afternoon since I was home with family for the weekend, but both my friends said they were kicked off of the team. That was 2 days ago before the story gained more attention and they were announced as "suspended". I don't think the team has released the info yet, but they're kicked off the team. New coaching staff and THIS happens before the season even starts? Coach isn't happy, and I still can't believe the fight got to that point. Really, really dumb move.

Random that I actually came on to this forum, but I was interested to see if anything was posted since it was Brian's brother that was involved.

I go to CSU and I'm good friends and roommates with 4 of the guys on the team. Have gone out to the bars and hung out with Mike and Colton plenty of times, kind of surprised that they were involved in it but I know when they drink they can get pretty hotheaded.

I didn't even find out about the incident until Sunday afternoon since I was home with family for the weekend, but both my friends said they were kicked off of the team. That was 2 days ago before the story gained more attention and they were announced as "suspended". I don't think the team has released the info yet, but they're kicked off the team. New coaching staff and THIS happens before the season even starts? Coach isn't happy, and I still can't believe the fight got to that point. Really, really dumb move.

Welcome aboard! Do you have any insight to what baby Rak's involvement actually was?

If I've learned anything from the Trayvon Martin case, it's to keep my nose out of stuff until official facts come in.

Not defending any of these players, but we all rush to assume we know everything about the story when reporters come out with it, yet we all know reporters will say what they need to say to get viewers and break a big story.

If this is, in fact, true...what a shame.

But I'll hold my tongue. I've never met any of these guys, and I don't know what is or is not in their character.

Welcome aboard! Do you have any insight to what baby Rak's involvement actually was?

Mike was a part of it, for sure. The car was driving past the party yelling stuff out the window at kids walking away from the party, a few of the kids yelled something back at them so the car stopped and 1 guy jumped out (it was either Mike or Capi) and started punching the kid that yelled back. The kids friends came to his aide and that's when Colton and the other guy got out to jump into the fight.

No one really knows the full details, not even that many on the team. There is definite outrage on campus though this week, petitions have already started in the main plaza trying to get the guys expelled from the school.

Crappy circumstance, Mike has always been nice with me but who really knows what happened that night that caused the fight to go this far.

What a lot of people don't know because it hasn't been reported a lot, is that Mike and a couple of other guys were involved in ANOTHER fight around St. Patty's day that ended up in a player getting stabbed in the shoulder.

For more disgust, read the comment section of the Huff Post about this. According to some of the posters, it's the fault of Rick Santorum and right wing nutjobs. I wonder what Rev. Al says about this?

I also hope no one tries to tie this behavior to Brian O., who seems to be a good guy with a lot of promise in this league.

Not condoning these players actions at all but this is seriously why I hate when some friends of mine get drunk and run their mouth. You just never know who your going to come across and who's looking for a fight. I feel extremely bad for these kids and its awful, but its the exact reason you dont try to act tough and talk **** to random people

Not condoning these players actions at all but this is seriously why I hate when some friends of mine get drunk and run their mouth. You just never know who your going to come across and who's looking for a fight. I feel extremely bad for these kids and its awful, but its the exact reason you dont try to act tough and talk **** to random people

Am I missing something? I thought the players were the ones running around talking **** to random people?

Am I missing something? I thought the players were the ones running around talking **** to random people?

Yes, the players were. They were driving by running their mouth. They were just waiting for someone to say something back. As soon as someone started running their mouth back, they stopped the car, and beat the hell out of this dude. Like i said, the freshman didnt deserve any of this, but IMO people still need really careful when they say stuff. The bottom line is if the one guy didnt say anything back, nothing would have happened. And in no way do i think its the students fault, but my point is its just not worth it IMO to say something back sometimes because its a crazy world, and you never know who you're talking to and what some people might do

Yes, the players were. They were driving by running their mouth. They were just waiting for someone to say something back. As soon as someone started running their mouth back, they stopped the car, and beat the hell out of this dude. Like i said, the freshman didnt deserve any of this, but IMO people still need really careful when they say stuff. The bottom line is if the one guy didnt say anything back, nothing would have happened. And in no way do i think its the students fault, but my point is its just not worth it IMO to say something back sometimes because its a crazy world, and you never know who you're talking to and what some people might do

Agreed. Funny thing is, at least up here at CSU, anytime I'm out at the bars with some of my friends that are on the team people are constantly running their mouths trying to start something with them. It really blows my mind, some of these kids at 6'4-6'5 and over 285lbs yet someone will always run their mouth. Not putting any blame on the students, but it shocks me how many people get the courage to start talking when they've been drinking regardless of someones size. I wish the kids in this incident just kept walking, but it obviously didn't turn out that way.

Anyways, ran into one of the kids last night and all he said was he couldn't wait to get in front of the hearing committee to explain his side of the story. He wouldn't really go into more detail than that.

The freshmen pulling a gun on somebody or spraying gasoline everywhere while lighting matches is the only way I could justify beating them to a pulp.

I agree. My point to posting the provocation was to point out that it doesn't matter. You don't go around beating people to a pulp over words.

Blaming the victim? Really?

Nobody is blaming the victims. Where did anyone say that? Both CSURam and i specifically said it isnt the victims fault. I simply tried to say there are bad and violent people in this world and sometimes you need to do whatever it takes to stay out of a situation and not become a victim.

Like i said, the freshman didnt deserve any of this, but IMO people still need really careful when they say stuff. The bottom line is if the one guy didnt say anything back, nothing would have happened. And in no way do i think its the students fault, but my point is its just not worth it IMO to say something back sometimes because its a crazy world, and you never know who you're talking to and what some people might do
Not putting any blame on the students, but it shocks me how many people get the courage to start talking when they've been drinking regardless of someones size. I wish the kids in this incident just kept walking, but it obviously didn't turn out that way.

Archived