Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Sitting here watching "Duel," Steven Spielberg's first movie ever directed...back in 1971.

Really neat movie so far, seems to be the original "evil truck driver tries to main character off the road" flick. If this was Spielberg's first ever movie, no wonder he's been.so successful.

Backdoor Sluts 7. I was impressed, after 5 and 6 I thought it would continue down the drain, but they outdid themselves on this one. I thought the camera work was brilliant, some angles could have been construed as "trying too hard" but they worked out in the end. The acting was fantastic, at one point I actually felt embarrassed when the cable guy forgot to reattach the coaxial cord to the TV.

Troll Hunter. Norwegian monster movie. Subtitles.

Wonderfully cheesy monster movies about a dude that hunts trolls for the government. Trolls can smell Christians. Hahaha!

Loved that movie. "Im Christian, im christian!"

---------- Post added January-24th-2013 at 05:40 AM ----------

Troll Hunter. Norwegian monster movie. Subtitles.

Wonderfully cheesy monster movies about a dude that hunts trolls for the government. Trolls can smell Christians. Hahaha!

Loved that movie. "Im Christian, im christian!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_o5Cz44ytQ61_93pEMH50Cae63wO5YNSoIZ1ffGcbiqY3wWBj

A SWAT team becomes trapped in a tenement run by a ruthless mobster and his army of killers and thugs.

boysetsfire finally convinced me to watch this after I DVR'd it last weekend and I am sure he would post a raving review if he wasn't stuck at ban camp, haha. The movie was extremely violent (I admit I covered my eyes a few times) and the plot was pretty standard, but I actually really liked it. The hand to hand combat was incredible, and Iko Uwais (Rama) was a ****ing beast.

Edited by renaissance

Sitting here watching "Duel," Steven Spielberg's first movie ever directed...back in 1971.

Really neat movie so far, seems to be the original "evil truck driver tries to main character off the road" flick. If this was Spielberg's first ever movie, no wonder he's been.so successful.

Funny, that's the next movie in my Netflix queue.

---------- Post added January-29th-2013 at 09:39 AM ----------

One of the more amazing climaxes in recent memory.

That's what she said.

I watched the Bourne Supremacy last night..it was on ShoTime Sunday..I recorded it...I like Matt Damon..so I liked the movie...lots of shoot 'em up bang bang and a car chase to boot! He drove that Taxi to death and then killed the bad guy by making him run into the median in the tunnel...excellent...I would say if you liked the other Bourne movies you'd like this one as well...

Not sure why the recent Bourne movie got panned by the critics - it wasn't that much different than the previous Damon ones.

I've been avoiding it for that very reason. My dad saw it, and liked it, a lot, but I still didn't watch it because he has an unhealthy fondness for B level action/suspense/horror movies.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Take_Shelter_poster.jpg

This movie is in my top 10 all time list. Michael Shannon gives one of the best performances i've ever seen as a man, Curtis, with a family history of schizophrenia who struggles with visions of an massive devestating storm. He uses all of his family's money to build a tornado shelter and his family must decide what to do with him. The movie is a fascinating study of mental illness and its effects on a family. TThere is not a single wasted line of dialog or wasted shot in the entire movie. This is a slow, character-driven movie that gradually ups the tension. If you thats not your bag, you probably wont enjoy the movie. If it is your bag, then you're in for a treat.

I would recommend that you see this movie, and if you do, do not read ANY spoilers about it at all. I do not want to spoil anything myself, but in reading some other reviews out there, it seems some people dont like certain key aspects of the movie. However, those people also completely missed the point, as thier reviews indicate they did understand, or really think about, what they saw. If you see this movie, pay very close attention to it. You will "get" the movie if you think about, not just WHAT Curtis sees in his visions, but WHY he sees them. If i said any more, i would be doing you a disservice. Needless to say, you need to see this movie. And you should probably see it with a number of your friends, because youre going to want to talk about it for hours afterwards.

If you have seen the movie, and want to talk about it, PM me.

Edited by talk show host

^I absolutely LOVED that movie, probably my favorite flick of 2012. Shame it wasn't nominated for any Oscars last year, because it should've been. I had to google search the ending to get different opinions on it.

I saw "Lawless" last night, with Tom hardy, Shia Labeouf, Jessica Chastain, Guy Pierce and Gary Oldman. Pretty neat movie, and I guess it was based on a true story about bootlegging in rural VA during prohibition.

Tom Hardy was one hard mother ****er in that movie. Guy Pearce did a good job playing a psycho special agent, and Jessica Chastain showed her boobs. :)

Edited by Chew

^I absolutely LOVED that movie, probably my favorite flick of 2012. Shame it wasn't nominated for any Oscars last year, because it should've been. I had to google search the ending to get different opinions on it.

I saw "Lawless" last night, with Tom hardy, Shia Labeouf, Jessica Chastain, Guy Pierce and Gary Oldman. Pretty neat movie, and I guess it was based on a true story about bootlegging in rural VA during prohibition.

Tom Hardy was one hard mother ****er in that movie. Guy Pearce did a good job playing a psycho special agent, and Jessica Chastain showed her boobs. :)

I agree with you on being shocked the movie didnt get any oscar nods. Michael Shannon is now one of my favorite actors because of this movie. Very excited to see him as Zod in Man of Steel. I liked Lawless, but it wasnt as good as i was hoping it would be. it had a stellar cast, but i feel it could have been much better.

I agree with you on being shocked the movie didnt get any oscar nods. Michael Shannon is now one of my favorite actors because of this movie. Very excited to see him as Zod in Man of Steel. I liked Lawless, but it wasnt as good as i was hoping it would be. it had a stellar cast, but i feel it could have been much better.

Where/How did you come across this movie? I've been looking for it on OnDemand and/or DVD for a while now and havent been able to find it.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_o5Cz44ytQ61_93pEMH50Cae63wO5YNSoIZ1ffGcbiqY3wWBj

A SWAT team becomes trapped in a tenement run by a ruthless mobster and his army of killers and thugs.

boysetsfire finally convinced me to watch this after I DVR'd it last weekend and I am sure he would post a raving review if he wasn't stuck at ban camp, haha. The movie was extremely violent (I admit I covered my eyes a few times) and the plot was pretty standard, but I actually really liked it. The hand to hand combat was incredible, and Iko Uwais (Rama) was a ****ing beast.

I finally watched this last night, loved it. Definitely adding it to my collection.

I saw Raid Redemption in theaters, it was awesome. It was on Showtime this weekend, but they had the dubbed english version, which took A LOT away from it. Really neat movie, and that fight scene at the end was amazing.

@ talk show host, I wasn't aware he was going to be in Man of Steel. Looking forward to it even more now. Do you watch the show Boardwalk Empire on HBO? He does a great job playing a tight-assed, weirdo special agent.

Where/How did you come across this movie? I've been looking for it on OnDemand and/or DVD for a while now and havent been able to find it.

I frequent aintitcool.com and saw a review for it and figured i'd check it out. Very glad i did, although one of the reviewers there really didnt like the movie - which prompted my earlier comment about some people just not "getting it."

Bought a copy of it on blu-ray at bestbuy. You can purchase the dvd/blu-ray just about anywhere online or stream on vudu. You can also get it on netflix via dvd if you have a disc subscription.

Take Shelter is available on DVD netflix, but not instant streaming. It was also playing on Showitme regularly a few months ago.

I saw Raid Redemption in theaters, it was awesome. It was on Showtime this weekend, but they had the dubbed english version, which took A LOT away from it. Really neat movie, and that fight scene at the end was amazing.

@ talk show host, I wasn't aware he was going to be in Man of Steel. Looking forward to it even more now. Do you watch the show Boardwalk Empire on HBO? He does a great job playing a tight-assed, weirdo special agent.

Ive been looking for a new show to watch - you just gave me one. thanks!

Starz was showing the subtitled version this weekend. That's what I watched. I can't imagine watching it dubbed. lol

Edited by renaissance