Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Rumor) Payton Manning and Jeff Saturday To be shipped to Redskins

redskin48

BAD IDEA, even if we don't have to give up picks to get him. And I really doubt this happens. We've experimented enough with aging QBs and Shanahan and Allen probably still regret the McNabb situation.

Even best case scenario, that we get Peyton without trading away picks, well then so what? It's not like we're a player away from a Super Bowl or anything. We are still rebuilding and need a young QB to grow with. Furthermore, this would just be more fodder for the Redskins as 'winners of the offseason,' which I'm tired of hearing because it's no longer the case.

Peyton only makes sense for a few teams, such as the Niners. They are really close and just need a stud QB.

Dude's (and the thread's) lucky I didn't get here before Rick. :)

And I've been on such a low tolerance for the repetition in here lately (but I've long known what to expect during off-season) that I've even been wanting to give just a little boot (or at least some tennis shoe) to some of the folks who post in threads like this, running it into 4 pages, when they know it's the kind that often gets closed. If it's a funny post or a slam fine, but when it's just to say the same thing they have already said X times in existing threads and will say X more in other legit threads, well, my foot gets itchy. :evilg:

Oh yeah---good morning Vietnam. :D

It is?

No way that happens, but how is that a terrible idea. Getting Peyton Manning AND Jeff Saturday for NEXT year's 2nd rounder? And then drafting Blackmon?

Blackmon won't be at number 6. He will go to the rams or Vikings. We'd need to trade up to atleast #3 to get him.

That was probably the dumbest article I have ever read, how the hell do these people get paid for crap like that.

WOW

People quickly run out of intelligent/real news to present for the insatiably compulsive need of the denizens of the internet to opine and hit "enter." :)

Yup, and seeing how there has been almost 1000 views im sure we will see some stories on twitter and other areas pretty soon

Well remember we were supposed to be drafting Christian Ponder, and then Blaine Gabbert? :ols: .... Reality was we didn't go offense until the 3rd round.

I'll take Manning and Saturday but for like a 3rd rounder...
If we gave up like a 5th this would be an interesting idea. Also just because we pick up manning doesn't mean for certain we don't make a play for rgiii.
Peyton Manning alone is going to command at least a 1st round pick IMO. I highly doubt this has any merit to it in the first place, so let's just hope we get RGIII come April.

It's terrible because trading a 2nd round pick is way too much for players on the verge of retirement. Trading any picks for Peyton is stupid because he will be most likely be released. Also, I don't see Blackmon falling to #6.

Neither do I that's why I said no way it happens, but I hardly think it's a terrible idea. To give up what would probably be a late #2 for Peyton Manning and Jeff Saturday.

When LL56 started a thread about this, it had smoke screen written all over it. He NEVER starts threads about rumors.

Maybe Leap is Bram Weinstein. :ols:

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 12:18 PM ----------

I'll take Manning and Saturday but for like a 3rd rounder...

I'd like them better if we just brought them in after they're released and during FA.

For kicks, let's just say Peyton was picked up by the Redskins. Despite this being a somewhat bonehead move, he would be the best QB this team has had in some 20 odd years. I just don't see him coming back and not performing well. It's Peyton Manning for gods sake, right?

no no no no no no no..As much as I think Peyton Manning is a legendary QB, 1st round hall of famer, I do not want him here. He will never have the success he had in Indy. Different offense and Kyle trying to steer him instead of letting him do what he does naturally. Also, I really dont' think he will play much longer ( 2 years tops). RG3, Matt Flynn or Luck imo. We need one of those 3, period!

The same guy who told me Andrew Luck signed with the Casey Wasserman agency -- something that has yet to be reported anywhere -- told me that Manning in no way would be traded but would be released.

I think the chances of Manning come here are slim at best.

I think the chances of us trading for him are non-existent because you won't have to -- again, he will be a FA.

Archived