Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Rumor) Payton Manning and Jeff Saturday To be shipped to Redskins

redskin48

I still kind of believe his intent with that thread was to rile us up to get the media to run with it. :)

I don't know that, and I don't know LL personally outside of here, so that's pure conjecture and very likely wrong. But it was my initial thought as well.

100% with you on that as well. I don't know him, but that was very non-LL56 like.

Why?

Pretty evident there is qb talent beyond top 2. A stud wr is definite need, and Saturday @36 plays his way to starter easily.

Also, could anyone deny Peyton may have 4 good years left? I dont think so

B/c trading a 2nd round pick for a guy whos going to be cut/released would be beyond stupid. No team is going to trade for him. Plus Indy is not going to pay $28mil before March 8th and then trade him a few day later.

As for Saturday the last thing we need is an old vet playing center. Our center was playing great until he got hurt.

WR? Yes, we def need one and if Blackmon is on the board when we pick and we dont trade up for RGIII im all for taking him.

And no one know how many years Peyton has left. I would look to bring him in if he's healthy and it doesn't cost anything (draft picks) but i would still want to get a guy in the 1st or 2nd.

Why?

Pretty evident there is qb talent beyond top 2. A stud wr is definite need, and Saturday @36 plays his way to starter easily.

Also, could anyone deny Peyton may have 4 good years left? I dont think so

Deny he has for good years left? Nope can't deny that, however I think it is more likely he'll never have another good year. Trading for Manning would more likely than not set us back several years.

I'd be stoked if we got Peyton for a reasonable price. Lets say we grab Tannehill or a similar QB in the draft - who better to learn from than Peyton? Obviously he's not the long term answer, but the dude is absolutely brilliant. Can't see how it would HURT the team in any way (assuming we have a future QB plan in place...)

I just dont see us outbidding Cle for #2. Thus, taking Manning works, BPA @ 6, trying to land project qb.

So we lose a future 2, no guarantees there. Hey, if we get him as FA, even better.

Only a couple scenerios with Peyton on this team are bad. I dont see Shannyallen blowing it.

I believe the Colts would have to cut him prior to the start of the season if they don't want to pay his $28M option bonus. So to get Mannning, we wouldn't have to trade anything, just convince him to come here in Free Agency. I think that's part of the appeal. I doubt we'd trade picks for him after the McNabb disaster.

That being said, my personal preference is we trade up for RGIII. Let's see what happens...

I just dont see us outbidding Cle for #2..

I don't see it either because I don't think Cleveland has any plans to trade up to #2. I haven't seen anything that really suggests they are even wanting RG3. Some of their insiders were suggesting that if RG3 fell to #4, they would consider trading down.

It is?

No way that happens, but how is that a terrible idea. Getting Peyton Manning AND Jeff Saturday for NEXT year's 2nd rounder? And then drafting Blackmon?

It's terrible because trading a 2nd round pick is way too much for players on the verge of retirement. Trading any picks for Peyton is stupid because he will be most likely be released. Also, I don't see Blackmon falling to #6.

I just want RG3 :(

RG3 is the best option imo, but the cost has to be right. If ST. Louis is being offered 2 1's from cleveland this year and a 2 next year. To beat that you will have to go 3 1's at least and maybe 3 1's and a 3. Remember Cle. 2 1's this year have more value then the skin's next 2 1's. You still want RG3 for 3 1's if that is what it takes?

Why are so many people eager to give up a pick here?

Saturday is a FA, and Peyton is either getting cut or is staying with the Colts. There's no reason to trade any picks whatsoever.

Still doesn't make it a good move.

They must be Vinny Cerrato's multiple extremeskin accounts.

I still kind of believe his intent with that thread was to rile us up to get the media to run with it. :)

I don't know that, and I don't know LL personally outside of here, so that's pure conjecture and very likely wrong. But it was my initial thought as well.

you're not the only one who feels the sameway... Which is why folks shouldn't get worked up.... We have to bear in mind that Shanny & Bruce aren't Vinny.. :ols: And what ever the tealeaf gang knows (thats TRUTH), its not like them to plaster it for everybody and their momma to see. But ppl will continue to believe what they want.

you're not the only one who feels the sameway... Which is why folks shouldn't get worked up.... We have to bear in mind that Shanny & Bruce aren't Vinny.. :ols: And what ever the tealeaf gang knows (thats TRUTH), its not like them to plaster it for everybody and their momma to see. But ppl will continue to believe what they want.

Yup, and seeing how there has been almost 1000 views im sure we will see some stories on twitter and other areas pretty soon

Archived