Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Rumor) Payton Manning and Jeff Saturday To be shipped to Redskins

redskin48

Isn't Jeff Saturday a Free Agent? Isn't that part of the big issue facing the Colts is that guys like Saturday, Wayne, and Freeny or Mathis (one of the 2, not sure which) are FAs this year and won't want to stick around for a rebuild?

They can't trade Manning with that bonus, and Saturday can go wherever he wants. Won't happen.

Isn't Jeff Saturday a Free Agent? Isn't that part of the big issue facing the Colts is that guys like Saturday, Wayne, and Freeny or Mathis (one of the 2, not sure which) are FAs this year and won't want to stick around for a rebuild?

They can't trade Manning with that bonus, and Saturday can go wherever he wants. Won't happen.

I think the initial report was that Saturday and Manning will be FA's and go somewhere as a package deal.

I don't like the word "shipped"...there is no way we would trade for them...I think the rumor was talking about Free Agency.

weinstein clarified is tweet (from what the junkies said on the radio) and said it would all be contingent on manning being released. no trade involved.

Not sure if I'm liking these rumors!! We need RGIII and not some other teams left-overs. What would we have to give up to get Manning?? that would play a HUGE role in my opinion but I'm not going to get too worked up over a rumor..

I'll put it like this, if we fail to secure the services of Robert Griffin III; I wouldn't mind seeing the following take place.....

1. Sign Peyton Manning ONLY as a FA.

2. Trade down and recoup picks like 2011

3. Draft best available WR in Rd 1

4. Draft Nick Foles (6' 5", 240) somewhere after Rd 1 to sit and learn from Peyton Manning

5. Hit free agency with a calculated strategy to give Manning the pieces he needs for a deep Playoff run

If all of these sequences hit the mark; I'd be pleased going into 2012 (Especially if we came away with Nick Foles who could turn out to be a Roethlisburger type playmaker with that big arm and hard to bring down body).

I'll put it like this, if we fail to secure the services of Robert Griffin III; I wouldn't mind seeing the following take place.....

1. Sign Peyton Manning ONLY as a FA.

2. Trade down and recoup picks like 2011

3. Draft best available WR in Rd 1

4. Draft Nick Foles (6' 5", 240) somewhere after Rd 1 to sit and learn from Peyton Manning

5. Hit free agency with a calculated strategy to give Manning the pieces he needs for a deep Playoff run

If all of these sequences hit the mark; I'd be pleased going into 2012 (Especially if we came away with Nick Foles who could turn out to be a Roethlisburger type playmaker with that big arm and hard to bring down body).

I like this plan. Alot. Well maybe not Foles, but everything else is awesome. Not sure how much money we would have to spend in free agency after signing Manning though.

I like this plan. Alot. Well maybe not Foles, but everything else is awesome. Not sure how much money we would have to spend in free agency after signing Manning though.

What's your idea for a potential QB after Luck and Griffin III; Does anybody pop out at you?

I really hate the part where they refer to us as the Boston Celtics trying to capture a last title. We are rebuilding and if nobody can see that, then I have a cane and a german sheppard you can borrow. Really? We are young and rebuilding. We are in NO WAY trying to capture a last title, when we haven't even captured a 1st or 2nd title.

I just dont see us outbidding Cle for #2. Thus, taking Manning works, BPA @ 6, trying to land project qb.

So we lose a future 2, no guarantees there. Hey, if we get him as FA, even better.

Only a couple scenerios with Peyton on this team are bad. I dont see Shannyallen blowing it.

Depends on the Rams. If they want 2 picks this year or one this and one next year. And it depends on the depth of the draft this year and next as to how they would want to do it.

What's your idea for a potential QB after Luck and Griffin III; Does anybody pop out at you?

i liked tyler wilson from arkansas. kiper had him as his #3 prospect if he declared. looks like he announced hes staying for his sr season an hour ago.

boo.

---------- Post added January-13th-2012 at 01:49 PM ----------

What a goober, thinking this was an innocent tweet.

This is one scenario I am very confident in thinking will NOT happen

lol. ya right. as a DC native, he knows better. i actually think this could happen. i'm curious about our guys (ok- maybe one guy) and now bram saying its'likely'. sounds like more than speculation.

let me put the whole Trade thing to sleep for you guys.. it can not happen.. Mannings option is due before the Trading can be done in the NFL..so they either pay him or cut him and let him walk.. Trade talks with any team about Manning can not happen UNLESS they would move the date back but per the NFLPA, they cant even do that, to much language involved.. hope that helps some

let me put the whole Trade thing to sleep for you guys.. it can not happen.. Mannings option is due before the Trading can be done in the NFL..so they either pay him or cut him and let him walk.. Trade talks with any team about Manning can not happen UNLESS they would move the date back but per the NFLPA, they cant even do that, to much language involved.. hope that helps some

I have no idea why people haven't been able to grasp this

We have known this since October

Archived