Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Rumor) Payton Manning and Jeff Saturday To be shipped to Redskins

redskin48

First off, your title is so wrong on many levels.

Second...Bram is now in on the smoke screen that LL56 started and that many now believe. Good job Shannahan.

This is all a smoke screen in my eyes and you are about to get NNT'd for the thread title.

Not sure if I'm liking these rumors!! We need RGIII and not some other teams left-overs. What would we have to give up to get Manning?? that would play a HUGE role in my opinion but I'm not going to get too worked up over a rumor..

I say yes for a 2nd rounder next year, draft Blackmon and obtain qb in later rounds...

Geez, haven't we learned from the McNabb debacle? If Peyton does end up here, it better be due to signing him as a FA, not by trading picks away. I'm cool with signing Peyton ONLY if we CANNOT get RG3 or Luck. Someone like Tannehill will probably need to sit for a little while.

could be part of a package deal with Colts center Jeff Saturday to get shipped to the Washington Redskins.

So we are looking at a 36 yr old injured qb and a center that calls out his coach.

Yea, that sounds like something Shanahan would do.

<sarcasm>

Jeff Saturday Calls Out Coach Caldwell While Jim Irsay Apologies To Fans

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/10/24/2510141/jeff-saturday-calls-out-coach-caldwell-while-jim-irsay-apologies-to

BramWeinstein Nothing happens with Peyton until March when deadline for 28 mil comes. Assuming he is free, the discussion I had was Skins go hard
BramWeinstein A lot has to happen including Peyton release. This is no done deal by any stretch, just interesting how much momentum this has.

Nothing to see here...

I'm not going to get worked up about this. Chances are it's not going to happen. It has smokescreen written all over it. :)

I agree. If Manning is cut, why wouldn't his agent try to link him to the Skins? 1) We overpay and 2 ) We need a QB. So if other teams see we are interested, his agent is hoping teams will pony up to sign up.

Geez, haven't we learned from the McNabb debacle? If Peyton does end up here, it better be due to signing him as a FA, not by trading picks away. I'm cool with signing Peyton ONLY if we CANNOT get RG3 or Luck. Someone like Tannehill will probably need to sit for a little while.

I wouldn't get worked up over a stupid rumor if i were you... There's NOTHING substanciated at this point.. And i seriously doubt they go in that direction.

Yes, trading a slew of draft picks for someone like Andrew Luck doesn't sit well for many here, so let's instead do the same for a QB and Center that are both in their mid-thirties? And someone that is under contract cannot "visit" another team as a free agent would do.

That article was a total waste of three minutes of my life that I will never get back. What a load of crap from Weinstein.

I'm not going to get worked up about this. Chances are it's not going to happen. It has smokescreen written all over it. :)

When LL56 started a thread about this, it had smoke screen written all over it. He NEVER starts threads about rumors.

When LL56 started a thread about this, it had smoke screen written all over it. He NEVER starts threads about rumors.

I still kind of believe his intent with that thread was to rile us up to get the media to run with it. :)

I don't know that, and I don't know LL personally outside of here, so that's pure conjecture and very likely wrong. But it was my initial thought as well.

Archived