Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Redskins draft Blackmon, I might switch my allegience

pointyfootball

This guy is not Dez Bryant, he's a better individual, and a better player. I don't know that I'm all for them picking him, but I will cheer for this guy wherever he goes (as long as it's not Dallas, but even then, I won't cheer against him). He's a good guy.

Saw this on ESPN over the weekend (I think). My daughter is going through same disease & treatment, so I understand how much something like this means to a girl like her. Sucks more press isn't given to stories like this instead of the negative ones, as it's pretty special.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter man.

Thanks for posting this video, I've heard that Justin does a lot of charity work for children, it's nice to finally see it in living color.

This guy is not Dez Bryant, he's a better individual, and a better player. I don't know that I'm all for them picking him, but I will cheer for this guy wherever he goes (as long as it's not Dallas, but even then, I won't cheer against him). He's a good guy.

how do you know this? and why does it matter?

Blackmon was arrested last year on a DUI in which 4 people were in his car. he allegedly was driving 90 in a 60 mph zone. I am not making a statement on either Bryant or Blackmon as people, but it pisses me off when people say that this person is good or bad without ever have met them.

What I will say is that Dez is a better athlete than Blackmon, but Blackmon looks like the better WR. He has very good hands and is supposed to be a good route runner too but lets not attach stuff like "better person" to these athletes and public figures when you really dont know.

in saying that, pointyfootball I am sorry for your daughter's illness. I hope a cure can be found for this disease. :(

Dude. That's so amazing. He seems like a special kind of guy, we need more good guys like him in the NFL.

I'll be a fan of the guy for the rest of his career.

And pointy, I'm really sorry to read about your daughter. I hope she's doing well. :(

Cure rate is pretty high pf. Sorry your daughter has to go through it.

Thanks dock. It is amazing how far pediatric oncology has come. When we were kids it would have been a death sentence. Although, since diagnosis, it's hard to "buy into" statistics. But there definitely has been good results in that area of kids cancer.

What a touching clip. You can see the unbelievable impact this gentlemen has on this young girl. For her to say "I care about him too, and I love him" speaks volumes on the impact he has on her. I just hope for her sake, and his sake that when he goes pro, he doesn't walk away from this. Pointy, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, god bless her.

how do you know this? and why does it matter?

Blackmon was arrested last year on a DUI in which 4 people were in his car. he allegedly was driving 90 in a 60 mph zone. I am not making a statement on either Bryant or Blackmon as people, but it pisses me off when people say that this person is good or bad without ever have met them.

What I will say is that Dez is a better athlete than Blackmon, but Blackmon looks like the better WR. He has very good hands and is supposed to be a good route runner too but lets not attach stuff like "better person" to these athletes and public figures when you really dont know.

You really think Dez Bryant would spend time doing something that wasn't self-promoting or making him money? Dream on. He's the definition of a prima donna.

Like I said, from everything I can see, Blackmon is a BETTER PERSON. And why do you care anyway.

What a great story! I'll be a fan of Blackmon's for the rest of his career. I really wish the media would show more heartwarming stories like this.

Pointy, sorry your daughter is going through this, but I wish her a speedy recovery and hope she is doing well.

Good guys don't get DUIs. He's not Dez Bryant though.

Kudos to Blackmon, considering the little girl.

You really think Dez Bryant would spend time doing something that wasn't self-promoting or making him money? Dream on. He's the definition of a prima donna.

Like I said, from everything I can see, Blackmon is a BETTER PERSON. And why do you care anyway.

did Dez have that opportunity in college? the only thing he has ever done was violate those corrupt NCAA rules with regards to talking to an agent and lying about it. But no one ever said money exchanged hands.

And there is nothing to indicate Blackmon is a better person. And I dont care, I only care about how these guys perform on the field, why do you care about who are good folks and who are not?

John Gotti gave back to his community. He was also a ruthless killer.

Dennis Rader was a softspoken man who regularly went to church, and was a model father/husband, who also happened to be a sadistic serial killer.

I have a friend who got a DUI 4 years ago. I would trust him with my life. I hear a lot of people these days talk about "fake people/friends/family members," and after observing some of them that I'm pretty close with, I could easily label them a hypocrite. No, you don't truly know who some people are underneath, even people that you think you know very well, but going on a soapbox towards people who show gratitude, and choose to look fondly upon people who do gratuitous acts such as this, is just a waste of oxygen, so is saying someone that does X isn't a good person, as if you are the sole judge of moral character. People **** up, Fact.

Point blank, whether he (Blackmon) is a "good person" or not, he helped to brighten up someone's day, and I can't fault him for that.

Good guys don't get DUIs. He's not Dez Bryant though.

Kudos to Blackmon, considering the little girl.

Yup, they do. About 10 years ago I would have agreed with you, but I've seen too many soldiers get DUIs who were REALLY good guys that just made bad decisions. One DUI does not a "bad guy" make, and this is coming from someone that doesn't drink alcohol, EVER. I agree it's wrong, but I'd also bet that half of ES has had a DUI.

---------- Post added January-12th-2012 at 03:39 PM ----------

did Dez have that opportunity in college? the only thing he has ever done was violate those corrupt NCAA rules with regards to talking to an agent and lying about it. But no one ever said money exchanged hands.

And there is nothing to indicate Blackmon is a better person. And I dont care, I only care about how these guys perform on the field, why do you care about who are good folks and who are not?

Why wouldn't he have had the opportunity? I was a big brother in college, while going to school full time, and working. Blackmon seems to find the time to make a difference in someone's life, is Dez Bryant less capable?

I'd say the fact that Blackmon cares enough to show this little girl some empathy and friendship shows he's better than the douche bag who can't seem to pay off his debts even with millions to spare, the guy who can't find the humility to act like a teammate, the idiot who has had his supporters turn against him because he's not worth supporting. Even Warren Moon said Blackmon is "Dez Bryant with brains".

The reason I care whether or not these guys are "good guys" is because they're being given millions of dollars. It's nice to know that a new member of the 1% club isn't a self absorbed waste of human flesh. That's why I said I'd cheer for him, because he's a good guy, until proven otherwise. I don't cheer for other team's players unless they're decent human beings. You can keep on cheering for "who performs on the field" regardless of what kind of ****** they happen to be. I happen to like to cheer on those who take an interest in humanity, not just themselves.

When Dez Bryant pulls his head out of his ***, IF, and makes some sort of contribution to the world, sure I'll be a fan. The fact that Blackmon is doing it while still a college student is impressive and admirable. How many kids with serious struggles (who we aren't related to and have no direct connection with) have we spent trying to help out?

Thanks dock. It is amazing how far pediatric oncology has come. When we were kids it would have been a death sentence. Although, since diagnosis, it's hard to "buy into" statistics. But there definitely has been good results in that area of kids cancer.

Glad to here there are strides being made in this area.Hopefully,even greater strides will be made in the near future.May God Bless you and your wife, as well as your little girl while you go through this very difficult fight.

Archived