Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is the music at FedEx so lame?

LaRonDontLikeUgly

I'm sitting here watching Texans/Bengals and I'm hearing Rage Against The Machine, Jay-Z, and Ram Jam playing in the stadium!

The DJ (or iPod playlist most likely) needs a major upgrade at FedEx. Whoever is controlling the music at Reliant Stadium is switching up the tracks every time and bringing that Texas Pete HEAT!

Let's go, Dannyboy! Pump a little life into DeadEx!

I'm sitting here watching Texans/Bengals and I'm hearing Rage Against The Machine, Jay-Z, and Ram Jam playing in the stadium!

The DJ (or iPod playlist most likely) needs a major upgrade at FedEx. Whoever is controlling the music at Reliant Stadium is switching up the tracks every time and bringing that Texas Pete HEAT!

Let's go, Dannyboy! Pump a little life into DeadEx!

i would think every teams stadium plays music that the players like, and each teams players all like different music probably.

i would think every teams stadium plays music that the players like, and each teams players all like different music probably.

I'm not so sure this is the case in every stadium. I definitely feel like the players have SOME say at FedEx, but if you are listening to the Texans game right now there is definitely a DJ in there because he hasn't played the same song twice. That place is rockin right now.

You mean you don't like the "Make some noise, Make Noise!" clip they play 500x game? :ols:

Haha well maybe it works... I find myself yelling louder to try and drown it out.

The DJ (or iPod playlist most likely) needs a major upgrade at FedEx.

Yeah it's time for the Fedex DJ to stop playing "Who Let the Dogs Out". It's getting a little old. :pfft:

I've always thought (at least on TV) that the music kind of went with the city, like Seattle always has Pearl Jam or Nirvana playing. So if anything, FedEx should play more gogo stuff? lol

As far as FedEx goes, my only time there this year, I did think the music/sound/graphics on the HD board were really really cheesy. A freakin mile wide screen and it's got like stock clipart going across. It was just dull and made it pretty easy for the opposing fans (Pats, tons of them) to take over.

You mean you don't like the "Make some noise, Make Noise!" clip they play 500x game? :ols:

Agreed... That sound bite sucks! I feel like it's been used for at least the last three seasons. Since we're on the subject of music at FedEx. How sweet is this clip. Brings back memories.

It has gotten better though in the past couple of years. Wish they would get back to the Motorhead right before kickoff. I really like when they play Seek and destroy during the "play's worth repeating" clip. I basically just want more hard rock, get the music played during the Caps games (except for the organ) :beavisnbutthead:

I girl and I were just on youtube randomly watching old David Lee Roth videos from the Van halen days. too funny we saw your sig

---------- Post added January-8th-2012 at 12:13 AM ----------

It has gotten better though in the past couple of years. Wish they would get back to the Motorhead right before kickoff. I really like when they play Seek and destroy during the "play's worth repeating" clip. I basically just want more hard rock, get the music played during the Caps games (except for the organ) :beavisnbutthead:

I'd be willing to take the organ if it meant we got the rest of their soundtrack.....

Funny, I was thinking the same thing when I heard "Bulls on Parade" when the defense for the Texans came on the field. The crowd went nuts and so did the players.

We need to do two things and I'll be happy.

1) Play "Welcome to DC" by Mambo Sauce when the team comes out of the tunnel. "Enter Sandman" is so tired.

2) Let the defense pick a song that get's them in the mood and play it every time they come on the field. The fans will love that song.

Remember when Tampa Bay used to blow the cannons when the D came on the field (back when they were good). The Steelers play "Black Betty." We need to let our squad pick something to get the defense fired up as well as the fans.

They can play all of the "That's G" Gatorade commercials they want or "Everybody clap your hands" if they do that.

HAIL!

I know there's another thread on this, but taking away the band on "Hail to the Redskins" was an extremely bad idea. The slow version that they play is absolutley terrible and sucks the life out of the stadium.

Oh bull****. Do you even attend games? Fans sing much louder and more fans participate in the video song than when the band plays. I love the band. But let's not lie. The band still plays after some scores. The video and band rotate.

Oh bull****. Do you even attend games? Fans sing much louder and more fans participate in the video song than when the band plays. I love the band. But let's not lie. The band still plays after some scores. The video and band rotate.

Section 135, Row 6.

It was bad. It's like they've tried to "dumb-down" the fan experience with the words coming across the screen. Sorry, there was something beautiful about the quicker tempo and louder volume after a great touchdown. With the "video song", it was almost like I had to stop screaming in joy, compose myself, light a lighter and waive it back and forth. It totally killed my buzz from the touchdown.

Don't get me wrong. I have the "video song" on my iPhone just like any other self-respecting Redskins fan. It just didn't feel right at FedEx.

Ladies and gentlemen ..... Here are your 2012 redskins!!!

"What if I say I'm not like the others? What if I say I'm not just another one of your plays? You're the pretender What if I say that I will never surrender?

What if I say I'm not like the others? What if I say I'm not just another one of your plays? You're the pretender What if I say that I'll never surrender? "

SBjQ9tuuTJQ

THEN I'D MIX THIS IN A BIT LATER

"Bang, bang, bang, bang Vamonos, vamonos Bang, bang, bang Vamonos, vamonos"

kx6FV2qR2TY

Archived