Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

yahoo: braylon edwards gives 79 students $10,000 each for college

grego

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Braylon-Edwards-gave-79-students-10-000-for-col?urn=nfl-wp14415

At 22 college campuses across the country, there are 79 students who may not otherwise be there if not for the generosity of Braylon Edwards.

As a Cleveland Browns rookie in 2005, Edwards announced he'd give $10,000 in scholarships to 100 area eighth graders if they could graduate high school with over a 2.5 GPA and 15 hours community service.

classy move by him.

Hopefully he didn't pull a Michael Scott with Scott's Tots . . .

In all seriousness, very nice move by him. Gotta respect the guy for something like this.

CLASSIC ... :lol:

man, that is great ... good for Braylon. I look at him totally different now. too bad 11 of those kids missed out, sad.

Hopefully he didn't pull a Michael Scott with Scott's Tots . . .

In all seriousness, very nice move by him. Gotta respect the guy for something like this.

Damnit, I assumed someone would have brought up Scott's Tots before I could. Classic episode.

Hey Mr. Scott. Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do to make our dreams come true?

Free laptop batteries will help their dreams come true for sure.

Seriously, amazing gesture, but 2.5....REALLY!1!

WTF- 10K may actually pay for their entire 4 years by assuming where they may get accepted with a 2.5 GPA. I don't think it would be any less a offer if he upped the GPA to 3.5 and offered 50K per kid. This way it would almost be a full boat to a mid level school.

WTF- 10K may actually pay for their entire 4 years by assuming where they may get accepted with a 2.5 GPA. I don't think it would be any less a offer if he upped the GPA to 3.5 and offered 50K per kid. This way it would almost be a full boat to a mid level school.

Honestly it was more of a tax write off if anything. It came down to giving the gov 50% of his check or writing some expenses off as a good gesture to help improve publicity

yeah but the kids he is helping out are more than likely from an economically poor families... They would have gotten decent amount of financial aid to start with so the 10K would actually make their lives much easier while in school.

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 12:40 PM ----------

Honestly it was more of a tax write off if anything. It came down to giving the gov 50% of his check or writing some expenses off as a good gesture to help improve publicity

The man is still putting up $790,000.. that is alot of money regardless of if you want to say its tax write off, pre tax, post tax, or whichever you want to categorize it. Lets just give the man some props for once.

Archived