Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Snider: Rex not end of world in 2012

Houston2Taylor2Landry

Dead serious. He's sophomore slumping very badly this year.

And I'm ranking him as a #1 overall pick. If he were taken in the late first early second, he'd have more value.

You do know that over 1/4th of their active roster from opening day is hurt right? Saying Bradford is the problem is comical.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/assessing-bradford-s-play-is-tough-to-do/article_13c17f0d-1087-5a2b-bed6-32a23ea8ed8d.html

Check that out if you want some more insight into the problems in St. Louis.

Rex is really not all that inconsistent. He is going to throw one interception per game and is going to fumble pretty much every other time he is sacked. That's his baseline.

He has occasional "bad" games where he throws three picks.

Yeah, I guess he's consistently inconsistent haha.

I cant believe how decent play out of Rex in meaningless games convinces people we can go forward with him. When the bullets were flying earlier in the season to fight for contention, he was miserable. A two minute drill is alot easier when youre 4 and 9 with no real pressure to win. His arm strength limits the offense, he is a turnover waiting to happen. His intermediate to deep accuracy is terrible. A good pass rush completely negates any effectiveness he is capable of. Rarely does he ever throw a guy open. Keeping him here just cements our last place standing in the NFC east. What good does drafting Blackmon do if Rex doesnt have the arm strength to utilize Blackmons ability to get down the field?

Bradford would be the 3rd QB in this draft, sorry. He's just a cut behind both RGIII and Luck.

lmao.

Sam Bradford. 2008: 4721 yards. 50 TD's 8 INT

Luck and Bradford would have been argued every second leading up to the draft. Esp since Bradford missed the entire year before he was drafted. RGIII would have been #3.

Luck is a known quantity too.

I think it would be

1. Luck

2. Bradford

3. RGIII

----------- gap -----

4. Barkley

-----------gap-----

5. Jones

Second round

6. Tannehill

------gap--------

7. Cousins

While I believe Luck will certainly be a productive NFL QB, and perhaps a stud, he has never taken an NFL snap, therefore he is not a known commodity. Safe bet? perhaps...sure thing? Definitely not. RGIII is even more of a risk IMO due to his size.

Again, this is all my :2cents:

I'll throw in the Missouri point of view. Bradford has had just about everything go against him this year. Multiple O-lineman hurt, no WR to speak of on his team he is playing on a horrible high ankle sprain and had to learn a new O with out any OTAs and a short training camp. In the Army that's what we called being set up for failure. It is really hard to say HE is struggling with all that going on, you have to take that all into account. I really think he wants to be great and will do all the work required. If the Rams want our first for him, I would do it. Him in our system with a top flight WR we could take in the draft along with what we already have in place I think would be a winning combo...just my 2 cents....

Luck is grading out higher than Bradford. Lets' look at it this way. Let's say Newton, Bradford and Stafford were to all come out this year, they'd be ranked like this:

1. Luck

2. Bradford

3. Stafford

4. Newton

5. RGIII

6. Barkley

7. Sanchez

That's just the scouting grades on each from college, leaving what they've done in the pros out.

I think if Luck, RG3, and Barkley are gone with the Redskins pick then you have to consider taking a QB in the 2nd and not wasting the 1st on a QB just because.

I would like to see Grossman here as a backup. Sorry for Beck, but I don't think he should be in the NFL. I think even with a smart rookie QB the Skins could contend for a wildcard spot next year. Of course, I am projecting they make improvements with the offense and secondary.

Normally I would agree with the BPA draft mentality, rather than trying to force it with an unknown commodity. But not this year. We must go all in at qb, even if it means giving up draft picks to move up.another year of Rex, and there might be a mass exodus of fans.

Yup. We've waited for our franchise QB for 20 years. It's time. We'll have a top 5 pick and there are 2 potential franchise QBs coming out. We MUST get one of them.

What a terrible article. If there is no QB drafted, in particular if we have pick 3 or 4, Shanny will be gone after year 4

shanny would be gone after next year. that would be a 3 year rebuild without addressing the most important position.

its like hiring a guy to build a car and he spends 3 years not putting an engine in it.

Say RGIII is there at #5. Do you trade that pick to Cleveland for both their 1sts, draft WR and OL and then a QB at top of second?

In a heartbeat. The different directions you can go in with trade downs could set the team up quite nicely. Even grabbing a quality QB, RT and a CB all in the first 2 rounds sounds pretty darn good.

A 2011 style tradedown would set the team up with weapons for the QB and an o-line, and round out the lb's. Possibilities in any direction imho.

In a heartbeat. The different directions you can go in with trade downs could set the team up quite nicely. Even grabbing a quality QB, RT and a CB all in the first 2 rounds sounds pretty darn good.

A 2011 style tradedown would set the team up with weapons for the QB and an o-line, and round out the lb's. Possibilities in any direction imho.

;) Something like that would make me giddy!!

OR

What if they signed Flynn, traded down with the Browns and got a RT, WR, C.

Eh. You know what trading down gets you?

The 2011 Patriots defense.

At some point, you need to **** or get off the pot. If you have a top five pick, you need to get a top five player. Or else you turn that into three first rounders who do little more than play special teams.

Eh. You know what trading down gets you?

The 2011 Patriots defense.

At some point' date=' you need to **** or get off the pot. If you have a top five pick, you need to get a top five player. Or else you turn that into three first rounders who do little more than play special teams.[/quote']

Hey...special teams is one-third of the game! :ols:

Rex is a heartbreaker. He plays well enough to give you hope and then plunges a dagger in your back. Sometimes, it's not even Rex that does it, but his accomplices like last week when first his dastardly friend the ref called a bs offensive PI because a receiver being jammed isn't allowed to disengage and then his evil cohort Santana Moss decided to pitch the ball back to the defender (which the dastardly ref fiend decided to ignore a bobble and call a catch [okay, I wouldn't have overturned it either, but still])

Regardless, Rex finds a way to break your spirit every game. From the... let's wait twelve seconds in the endzone double clutch the ball hold it out loose and wait for the hit, to the guarenteed interception he will have every game. Help me, I still root for him, but it's an abusive relationship.

sounds like the redskins franchise in general.

eh.. if RGIII is there, you have to take him.

I've watched them all extensively, RGIII and Luck are top 5 picks.

I'm so-so at best on Barkley and do not like Landry Jones. I don't think either of those guys will amount to much in the NFL.

I think Ryan Tannehill or Nick Foles are probably a better option if you miss out on RGIII and Luck and they can both be had in the 2nd.

Both of them though will require bench time, they aren't QB's that can just jump in there and blow it up for you.

It will be disappointing if we miss Luck and RGIII. I think our only option at that point will be to trade back and stockpile more picks again.. take a stab at a 2nd rounder and if he doesnt' work out, hope we get another shot at a Franchise guy the following year.

I was excited for the full Sex Cannon experience, but I think I've had enough now, thanks. The three or four really great plays he makes every game do not make up for the fact that you can tell by the way the defense is lined up when a sack-fumble is coming. The second I see a d-back or LB move to the outside shoulder of the weak side defensive end (if the weak side happens to be Rex's blind side)....I know what is coming.

I also would like to experience one game a year without an interception. Apparently, other teams can do that on occasions.

Archived