Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cursed or result of previous bad management?

MCnDaHouse

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Someone once said an Indian tribe put a curse on the Skins. When you look at the games a lot of times it will really get you thinking that we just can't buy a break. I mean if anything weird can happen it does (look at the New Orleans game where we intercept then the ball is taken away).

Do you think it's a curse or is it just the result of bad management/personnel from the Cerrato days?

yeah its a curse. its definitely not the former regime that neglected the draft for a decade, dolled out some of THE worst contracts in the history of the NFL, and made some of the worst decisions a front office can make.

hell, our 2008 draft alone is a big enough reason why we suck today. a draft of like 10 guys netted us one productive/suspended pot smoking tight end.

I think it is a combination of bad management and poor scouting. If we were cursed then they wouldn't win games, make money, or do much of anything. I think that the direction of a football team is viewed by what the organization does. Snyder for years was trying to buy a Super Bowl and it didn't work with Vinny Cerrato making dumb deals that never worked out. Snyder put his trust in a guy that couldn't find talent if it walked up and slapped him in the face. He finally got smart and employed a good GM and HC that know a little about how an organization should run. So the flushing of the bad taste of this team is an ongoing process. The scouting has improved and maybe that is due to Cerrato not being here anymore. I think that coaching is another issue that has held this team back. If Shanahan keeps his job after this season it will be the third time that a coach has gone past their 2nd year since Dan Snyder bought the team. The other two are Norv Turner and Joe Gibbs. So bad management has played a lot in that which mostly was contributed to Vinny Cerrato. Another thing in coaching is that the assistants that have been employed are not exactly the cream of the crop either. The WR coach never taught the players anything that made them Pro Bowlers, neither has the CB's coach or for that matter none of them except Joe Bugel when he was the O-Line coach. Chris Samuels was the only mainstay in the Pro Bowl because of Bugel and plus he had the talent to boot. This year only a few Redskins could be considered Pro Bowlers that just stand out. Ryan Kerrigan, Brian Orakpo, London Fletcher, Fred Davis and Roy Helu. Everyone else just shows up every now and then to make a play. Some who deserve Pro Bowl recognition are Barry Cofield, Chris Bowen, Perry Riley and Chris Chester. These guys play with a lot of effort and do the dirty work that doesn't show up on film sometimes. Of Course Perry Riley's play has shown up but with limited time on the field doesn't give him a chance to be recognized in the Pro Bowl status, although he can be there with time. So until they get guys playing at Pro Bowl levels on consistent basis will they ever be contenders. Cursed? No. Bad Management? Yes

I have to go with years of bad management. At times we seem cursed, but since 1999, we have traded a ton of picks for little in return. We've made stupid signings. We haven't had a legit QB in years. We have no indoor practice facility.

Last year was the first time in a long time that we had a lot of draft picks. I would like to see a few years of infusing the roster with a lot of drafted players instead of has beens and judge the results. I also want to see if we land a legit franchise QB too.

I think it was a mix of both, bad management and the curse of Vinny and Danny Boy running the show. I myself run a corporation and can admit that I have made a few bad decisions along the way but it didn't take me nearly as long to corrected them and have my business be successful. The juggernaut that is the Redskins money machine is out waded the product on the field. It took the voice of the fans and media that it needed to be a change on how this ship is being ran. If we keep the current course of drafting and the right mix of free agents I believe that the Redskins can once again be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't believe in all that curse mess. Folks said that the Saints were cursed for 30 years. Then suddenly they get a Qb and a couple WRs and "Wa-la" they get a Superbowl. We've been bad because of bad FO decisions from trading draft picks to over paying for washed up, veterans to long term contracts. We're at the beginning stages of changing that trend. I'm sure the dividends will be made manifest sooner than later.

I voted for bad management. The Redskins organization have repeated their mistakes several times over the last decade and Shanahan signed as head coach to deal with it just like the coaches that came before him. I'm going to assume that Mike Shanahan underestimated how bad this team really was. People have to learn lessons on their own the hard way. 2009 season was the start of reality for Dan Snyder. I believe that was the first time he finally understood the damage he and Vinny Cerrato has caused to this organization. Vinny Cerrato did everything he could to keep Snyder happy but didn't work. Say what you want about Jim Zorn but he was set up to fail.

Joe Gibbs would of been better off had he just stuck with his 2005 offense. It was actually working for a good portion of the 2005 season then Brunell regressed during the 5 game winning streak. During this span, the Redskins made some questionable trades that impacted future drafts.

The 90s, Norv Turner going through the same phrase now with the Chargers than he did with the Redskins and this organization pre-Snyder let Trent Green get away. This is debatable as Trent Green wouldn't play for the 1999 season as Kurt Warner took over and the rest is history.

All this curse talk is preposterous. They just haven't draft well since 1993.

We have little talent on offense besides a few bright spots from rookies Hankerson and Helu. Our O-line lacks great talent, but will improve over several years.

I don't think Shanny is a Ron Wolf or Bobby Beathard at nabbing talent... but, I think he's got a better idea than VI--Y Cera--o.

Archived