Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Anyone Just Watch The Robert Griffin III "Most Intersting QB" Bit on ESPNNEWS?

DM72

I've noticed something curious, though I guess not surprising. It's this: the words and praise for RG3 exist within this message board to a much larger degree then you can find outside of this site. If you look at ALL of the quote/unquote draft experts, they are all uniformly high on Luck w/o any real exception. Kiper called him the best prospect he's evaluated since 1979. Just stating what I'm seeing within and without the Stadium here on ES. I don't think ALL of these guys, the ones who actually get PAID to assess talent, can be uniformly off base on Luck. Anything can happen but in all my years of following the draft I've never seen such consensus in one QB's favor (Manning was close but even he I don't believe was as highly regarded as Andrew Luck).

I say all of this w/o dismissing RG3 btw (before I get unnecessarily flamed here ).

This all coming from the Espn bandwagon. I have heard sources outside the box be it Phil Simms stating Luck has velocity issue and does not see all the hype. Bill Parcells stated to hold up on all the Luck praise until the process is done that includes Bowl game and combines. I listened to that idiot Todd Mcshay on this Espn news special state that RG III does not throw a good deep ball and showed one video of RG III missing an open receiver while Trevor Mandich, might have spelled his last name wrong, refuted everything McShay stated by saying RG III strong suit is throwing the deep ball into tight windows and that translate into a NFL ready qb. I will give you this, the board is excited for RGIII and yes they are over board but look at our franchise qb situation for the last 20 years and anybody can see why fans are clamoring for anything feasible. I say it once and I will say it again, I stay away from Espn analyst and only listen to the Mayocks and Parcells. By the way, Parcells last year stated that Kerrigan was the best defensive end coming out of college last year.

This all coming from the Espn bandwagon. I have heard sources outside the box be it Phil Simms stating Luck has velocity issue and does not see all the hype. Bill Parcells stated to hold up on all the Luck praise until the process is done that includes Bowl game and combines. I listened to that idiot Todd Mcshay on this Espn news special state that RG III does not throw a good deep ball and showed one video of RG III missing an open receiver while Trevor Mandich, might have spelled his last name wrong, refuted everything McShay stated by saying RG III strong suit is throwing the deep ball into tight windows and that translate into a NFL ready qb. I will give you this, the board is excited for RGIII and yes they are over board but look at our franchise qb situation for the last 20 years and anybody can see why fans are clamoring for anything feasible. I say it once and I will say it again, I stay away from Espn analyst and only listen to the Mayocks and Parcells. By the way, Parcells last year stated that Kerrigan was the best defensive end coming out of college last year.

Parcells definitely knows how to evaluate talent. Say what you want about Luck, but the kid is money...I have watched him play plenty. He torched my Hokies last year... if he has velocity issues, don't tell the DBs that he routinely torches.

I haven't watched Rg3 play a lot, I am worried about the offense he runs in college tho. I know people are going to throw Cam Newton out there when it comes to knocks on RG3, but, don't act like Cam Newton happens every year.

Also it's too early to judge whether or not the Cam Newtons and Tim Tebows are successes. We haven't seen enough of them yet IMO.

Parcells definitely knows how to evaluate talent. Say what you want about Luck, but the kid is money...I have watched him play plenty. He torched my Hokies last year... if he has velocity issues, don't tell the DBs that he routinely torches.

I have no problem with Luck, but "routinely torching" college DBs is one thing...doing that to NFL defensive backs is quite another.

I can't take the Grossman Beck show for another season.

I cant either you ready?

Look how depressing Beck Looks

7a74ac56-696b-4ace-ba4c-0b704c699e77.jpg?filter=wtop_article

a54df33f-7b26-4f40-9c77-9b1332b0a108.jpg?filter=wtop_article

And then theres

ad9e0cc4eed1ea5fc23948d17043daf8.jpg

rex_grossman_matrix.jpg

Hold on to the Ball

439x.jpg

Nutt Job

Washington-Redskins-Rex-Grossman-gets-sacked-by-Dallas-Cowboys-Gerald-Sensabaugh_9.jpg

what should I do with the ball guys?

l5402955.jpg

stop putting your hands on me so I can get the ball...

calvin-pace-strips-ball-from-rex-grossman-redskins-preseason-0dc87c8673d99e7f_large.jpg

Please NO MORE :beatdeadhorse: :hammer: :obvious:

Hopefully we will be in the position to take our pick of the litter after luck, and I can't say I would be disappointed with this guy. He's smart as hell and extremely athletic.

I think we will either be in position to take him and or possibly trade up if needed. i sure hope we are in position to take him thought

Oh my god, your signature :rotflmao: :cheers:

Most of the people on here have Robert Griffin rated somewhere between Joe Montana and God.

Okay, that was funny.

I think most of the Griffin hate is the result of the Griffin love. I don't think people necssairly hate him, I just think people hate the fact that he is getting so much love from people on here.

The reason I say that is because if you looked at any Baylor game that he has played in and came away thinking that he can't be serviceable at the least as an NFL quarterback, then I have to questioned the way you rate a quarterback. Of course he can be a bust, but the same could be said for every player that comes out of college. All I know is that we have the chance to get a franchise QB and the "best" one isn't going to be available, so we have to hope for the next best.

Then I'm sure the lovefest will become even more nauseating.

Most of the people on here have Robert Griffin rated somewhere between Joe Montana and God.

I think its b/c people are excited that we might finally get a good QB for once. And i dont see anything wrong with that. We've had just about nothing to be excited about on the O side of the ball for a very very long time.

This thread reminds me of the time Gruden wore a burgundy and gold tie on MNF, and all the knuckleheads went ape**** about how it was a sign that he was coming to coach the Skins :ols:

:ols: Talk about making mountains out of mole hills. We have the most superstitious (or maybe delusional? :D) fan base in the NFL Lol.

yeah the same experts that ALWAYS claim the Dallas Cowboys are the best team in the NFL.

Its not just ES that is high on RGIII. I got into a discussion with a few people from the bar I hang out at for games and they also were high on RGIII (most were not 'skins fans).

Most of the guys who evaluate the draft are different then those who make season predictions with the exception of maybe Chris Mortenson.

Griffin. Gaffney is a vet and will tell him to go blow. Cam had to change to #1 and Jimmy Claussen is only a 2nd year vet and wouldn't give up his #2. Griffin is not god. He'll have to take another number.

Yeah, I don't think Gaffney will give it up either for any price. Maybe Travon Bellamy will sell his (0) for at least half of it.:silly:

---------- Post added December-9th-2011 at 04:59 PM ----------

I want Luck, but if we can't get him...

We won't!

Everybody's lovefest with RGIII makes me want to hate the guy and don't want to hate the guy.

I don't understand the psychology of people like this. So, you're such a rebel that because other people like someone who is genuinely likable, excels in sport and in the classroom and other people see him as the possible future of the team YOU ROOT FOR, this makes you to hate him?

I heard people say that about Luck. I don't get it. What makes people so oppositional or contrarian that they dislike GOOD things? "I used to like that band, but then they became popular." lol

---------- Post added December-9th-2011 at 06:49 PM ----------

Griffin. Gaffney is a vet and will tell him to go blow. Cam had to change to #1 and Jimmy Claussen is only a 2nd year vet and wouldn't give up his #2. Griffin is not god. He'll have to take another number.

Yeah, right. If Griffin wanted 10, I'd cut Gaffney just to prove a point about how it's going to work. You especially need to get in line behind your leader, who is your QB....not you, as a decent but not great wideout who is replaceable.

---------- Post added December-9th-2011 at 06:52 PM ----------

Then I'm sure the lovefest will become even more nauseating.

Do you hate Christmas and Santa Claus too? Do you go around shooting people at the Special Olympics because of all the positive reactions shown by others to the competitors? When people talk about how cute bunnies are, would you rather stomp them to death?

If someone's wife says to them, "I love you very much, baby" do you then tell that man, "hey, I hate you dude. Go **** yourself and your wife can go to hell too?"

Again, I find this to be a very curious aspect of someone's psychological makeup.

---------- Post added December-9th-2011 at 06:55 PM ----------

He's 21 and a future NFL millionaire,and he's getting married? I thought people said he was smart?

I have to say, I wasn't too impressed with his fiancee but then I saw another photo of them together and then I saw two HUGE reasons he may have initially been interested. Heh.

I don't understand the psychology of people like this. So, you're such a rebel that because other people like someone who is genuinely likable, excels in sport and in the classroom and other people see him as the possible future of the team YOU ROOT FOR, this makes you to hate him?

I heard people say that about Luck. I don't get it. What makes people so oppositional or contrarian that they dislike GOOD things? "I used to like that band, but then they became popular." lol

You get sick of it. It's one thing to sit around and have a logical discussion about the pros and cons of the guy, or to simply like a player and hope he gets drafted here. I very much doubt PJ has a personal issue with Griffin or dislikes him as a person. It's another thing to do as some of the things people have done on this board, such as 1.) advocating trading three first round picks for Luck, 2.) tanking the rest of the season, to the point of actively rooting for them to lose on Sundays, and 3.) talk about how any quarterback here will instantly save us from decades of mediocrity immediately upon stepping foot in Redskins Park.

You don't get tired of the guy, you get tired of people talking about the guy, to the point where you're so fed up you'd rather never hear about him aagain than have himd rafted. I was like that with Luck. I'm getting there with Griffin.

---------- Post added December-9th-2011 at 06:49 PM ----------

Yeah, right. If Griffin wanted 10, I'd cut Gaffney just to prove a point about how it's going to work. You especially need to get in line behind your leader, who is your QB....not you, as a decent but not great wideout who is replaceable.

And this is why people like you and so many others are not, nor could ever be, head coaches in the NFL.

The way things work is simple; if a veteran ahead of you has the number you wear, you have to pay up to get that number. This is how it works. It a respect thing. Likewise, a quarterback only becomes a leader AFTER he earns his teammates trust and respect; the head coach cutting a respected, productive, veteran player just so some rookie who's never taken a snap in the NFL can wear his number would pretty much destroy and an all locker room cohesiveness and breed nothing but contempt for the new guy from day one.

I've see some dumb stuff said on this board, but this one ranks right up there,

I have to say, I wasn't too impressed with his fiancee but then I saw another photo of them together and then I saw two HUGE reasons he may have initially been interested. Heh.

Stay classy, sir.

You get sick of it. It's one thing to sit around and have a logical discussion about the pros and cons of the guy,. I was like that with Luck. I'm getting there with Griffin.

And this is why people like you and so many others are not, nor could ever be, head coaches in the NFL.

The way things work is simple; if a veteran ahead of you has the number you wear, you have to pay up to get that number.

Stay classy, sir.

Sidenote: Notifications aren't working anymore for me, so I had to check to see if anyone had replied.

Because you have a problem with people who make a very rational decision that a franchise QB is worth three first round picks (if you think that Brady, Brees, etc aren't worth FIVE first round picks, that's on you) doesn't make THEM irrational or illogical. I get that you might get tired of hearing about something. I just don't get how that connects to wanting that human being to fail or hating them. Seriously, I have yet to hear a good explanation of that kind of thinking. I take people at what they say, and if you say, like one person who said, "I hope he fails in a bowl game" just so you can justify your irrational 'hate' then I have to think of you as a disturbed person.

As for my "class" on an internet board that features a "hey, look at the ugly cheerleaders on the opposing team" I don't know. At least I was being positive. It's an internet football message board and it's called a sense of humor. Maybe you can exchange your class for some currency to go purchase yourself one.

Archived