Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Anyone Just Watch The Robert Griffin III "Most Intersting QB" Bit on ESPNNEWS?

DM72

I've noticed something curious, though I guess not surprising. It's this: the words and praise for RG3 exist within this message board to a much larger degree then you can find outside of this site. If you look at ALL of the quote/unquote draft experts, they are all uniformly high on Luck w/o any real exception. Kiper called him the best prospect he's evaluated since 1979. Just stating what I'm seeing within and without the Stadium here on ES. I don't think ALL of these guys, the ones who actually get PAID to assess talent, can be uniformly off base on Luck. Anything can happen but in all my years of following the draft I've never seen such consensus in one QB's favor (Manning was close but even he I don't believe was as highly regarded as Andrew Luck).

I say all of this w/o dismissing RG3 btw (before I get unnecessarily flamed here ).

Point doesn't hold water especially since said paid experts have missed on their assessments quite a bit. See Cam Newton, Tim Tebow, Andy Dalton, most recently. They are impact players for their respective teams and many had their doubts about all of these guys. The "sure thing" tag works the same way. No one is a sure thing at QB until they strap up on Sundays not Saturdays. RG III and Luck are so different but equally talented at their skillset. I think RG III has star written all over him where Luck reminds me of Bradford with better mobility. Give me the guy with wheels, a big arm, smarts, and the upside. Luck is great, don't get me wrong, but even if we had the 1st pick I'd take RG III. As draft day approaches, I think many experts will have the same opinion with regard to RG having star quality and massive upside even though he appears to be ready now.

This is a thread that if I posted would get me a NNT.

Interesting. Because this is a post that just got you 1 week off. :)

Oh...having just reviewed your user notes and 8 previous violations involving 5 different moderators and including other previously-ignored bull**** about your "persecution", I'll just add a little reality to your delusions by making it a permanent B2A. :)

Always appreciate it when guys like you draw attention to yourselves. it's very helpful to us. ;)

"Ac-Cen-Tuate The Positive and Dont Mess with Mister In-Between"

Back to RG3,

Give me the guy with wheels, a big arm, smarts, and the upside. Luck is great, don't get me wrong, but even if we had the 1st pick I'd take RG III. As draft day approaches, I think many experts will have the same opinion with regard to RG having star quality and massive upside even though he appears to be ready now.

His ability to escape pressure and keep his eyes down the field is Awesome. I have seen him take off and run, but it seems like that was drawn up and called by the coaches. Not only watching this guy play, but hearing him speak makes me wonder what he would do for our future, "Big Time."

"Ac-Cen-Tuate The Positive and Dont Mess with Mister In-Between"

Back to RG3,

His ability to escape pressure and keep his eyes down the field is Awesome. I have seen him take off and run, but it seems like that was drawn up and called by the coaches. Not only watching this guy play, but hearing him speak makes me wonder what he would do for our future, "Big Time."

Not sure about how the plays are drawn up. I saw some things in Orakpo that I was like, "We've got to take this guy if we get the chance." Similar to that draft, I don't think RG will be there unless we go get him (guess it depends on where we end up in the draft order and who's in front of us), but I hope Shanahan see's what I see in RG. He's worth getting if it costs us a little to get him (i.e. picks in non-2012 draft). My hope is he'll fall to us like Orakpo did. This will be telling as to Shanahan's ability to recognize a potential star and to consider building an offensive strategy around the player's strengths versus trying to fit the player to the offensive scheme. If he doesn't go RG in the first, he'd better get another skill guy with playmaking ability. If he takes someone other than RG or Luck at the QB position in the 1st, I'll be scratching my head to say the least.

Not sure about how the plays are drawn up. I saw some things in Orakpo that I was like, "We've got to take this guy if we get the chance." Similar to that draft, I don't think RG will be there unless we go get him (guess it depends on where we end up in the draft order and who's in front of us), but I hope Shanahan see's what I see in RG. He's worth getting if it costs us a little to get him (i.e. picks in non-2012 draft). My hope is he'll fall to us like Orakpo did. This will be telling as to Shanahan's ability to recognize a potential star and to consider building an offensive strategy around the player's strengths versus trying to fit the player to the offensive scheme. If he doesn't go RG in the first, he'd better get another skill guy with playmaking ability. If he takes someone other than RG or Luck at the QB position in the 1st, I'll be scratching my head to say the least.

I have a sinking feeling it's going to be Barkley. :(

oh no no..., Barkley is good, but I dont think he compares

I agree. But I think it will play out:

Luck goes number 1, to either the Colts or whatever team trades up.

Griffin goes 2 to Cleveland, who uses the ammo from the Julio Jones trade to grab him.

We get stuck choosing between Barkley, Tannehill, and Jones (if he comes out). None of which will be the type of QB needed to turn this franchise around. Barkley will be a good piece for a good team to manage the game a la Sanchez or Alex Smith. Jones will be a disastrous bust and Tannehill will be a 2-3 year project (though I do like him).

That win against Seattle is going to haunt us, methinks.

I agree. But I think it will play out:

Luck goes number 1, to either the Colts or whatever team trades up.

Griffin goes 2 to Cleveland, who uses the ammo from the Julio Jones trade to grab him.

We get stuck choosing between Barkley, Tannehill, and Jones (if he comes out).

That very well could be the case. So many scenario's. RG3's stock is rising fast, and Cleveland has AMMO like you said.

How do you feel about Skins trading "up." If the price is right, yes but I dont want to trade the house. I want those picks especially if were picking in the top 10.

I like Tannehill as well. Where do you see him going? Low first, Middle Second etc... Iv had thoughts about a playmaker (position) in first and then Tannehill second, thoughts?

hey you said "methinks." Are you a Pirate? :)

I have a sinking feeling it's going to be Barkley. :(

in that case I think you take BPA in the 1st, assuming the FO realizes they can't get who they want at QB in the first and grabs a FA QB like Flynn.. I don't think Barkley is worth a top five pick with the other skill players available in the top 10. the skins FA moves will be telling about their strategy in the draft.

by the way, Cleveland taking RG III would be stupid. if they do that, I'll take McCoy thank you. he's a good young quarterback on a team with worse offensive weapons than the skins. that's sad. if the Browns take anybody but Richardson or the top Wideout on the board if given the chance, they're stupid. they've got a viable young QB and need o give him weapons...real weapons. I don't think RG III helps them fix their offensive woes.

Cleveland better win another game. But IMO I dont think they're ready to give up on McCoy quite yet. They're under new management, new offense/defense, and will probably want to get that team to mold together. Look for them to possibly grab Blackmon or BPA at #2. And it won't be RGIII.

I don't understand the psychology of people like this. So, you're such a rebel that because other people like someone who is genuinely likable, excels in sport and in the classroom and other people see him as the possible future of the team YOU ROOT FOR, this makes you to hate him?

I heard people say that about Luck. I don't get it. What makes people so oppositional or contrarian that they dislike GOOD things? "I used to like that band, but then they became popular." lol

---------- Post added December-9th-2011 at 06:49 PM ----------

Yeah, right. If Griffin wanted 10, I'd cut Gaffney just to prove a point about how it's going to work. You especially need to get in line behind your leader, who is your QB....not you, as a decent but not great wideout who is replaceable.

Your post is the exact reason why it's become nauseating. I don't hate the guy and if we pick him I won't be upset. He's a good player. But anytime someone says something negative about their "mancrush" everyone gets so offended.

And ummm... no. Gaffney is an 11 year vet. He makes the call, not the rookie. It doesn't matter if he's a QB, RB or WR. That's just stupid to think the Redskins would cut him so "god" can wear #10.

Sidenote: Notifications aren't working anymore for me, so I had to check to see if anyone had replied.

Because you have a problem with people who make a very rational decision that a franchise QB is worth three first round picks (if you think that Brady, Brees, etc aren't worth FIVE first round picks, that's on you) doesn't make THEM irrational or illogical. I get that you might get tired of hearing about something. I just don't get how that connects to wanting that human being to fail or hating them. Seriously, I have yet to hear a good explanation of that kind of thinking. I take people at what they say, and if you say, like one person who said, "I hope he fails in a bowl game" just so you can justify your irrational 'hate' then I have to think of you as a disturbed person.

As for my "class" on an internet board that features a "hey, look at the ugly cheerleaders on the opposing team" I don't know. At least I was being positive. It's an internet football message board and it's called a sense of humor. Maybe you can exchange your class for some currency to go purchase yourself one.

Where in here that I said I hated the guy? Please find a post. I hate the "lovefest" for the guy who isn't even in a Redskins uniform, not the actual guy. I enjoyed his interview. And yes, I would prefer Luck, but I know that's not possible. It we draft RGIII, I'm fine with it. We need a QB period, no matter who we take. It's for the good of the team and will not satisfy any position that I have on the matter. I'll repeat. We need a QB. I'll take any of the Big 3 (Luck, RG or Barkley). Get off your high Psychological horse Dr. Freud.

Archived