Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Anyone Just Watch The Robert Griffin III "Most Intersting QB" Bit on ESPNNEWS?

DM72

Seriously? How?

Going to guess that the answer to your first question would be "No."

I think RGIII will make the debate over Locker last year look like small potatoes. Many on the bandwagon are overly sensitive to any non-glowing opinion of him. I like him, just not sold. Just like how I'm not sold on any QB other than Luck this year.

Going to guess that the answer to your first question would be "No."

I think RGIII will make the debate over Locker last year look like small potatoes. Many on the bandwagon are overly sensitive to any non-glowing opinion of him. I like him, just not sold. Just like how I'm not sold on any QB other than Luck this year.

Funny...some of us aren't sold on Luck either...

Funny...some of us aren't sold on Luck either...

I've noticed something curious, though I guess not surprising. It's this: the words and praise for RG3 exist within this message board to a much larger degree then you can find outside of this site. If you look at ALL of the quote/unquote draft experts, they are all uniformly high on Luck w/o any real exception. Kiper called him the best prospect he's evaluated since 1979. Just stating what I'm seeing within and without the Stadium here on ES. I don't think ALL of these guys, the ones who actually get PAID to assess talent, can be uniformly off base on Luck. Anything can happen but in all my years of following the draft I've never seen such consensus in one QB's favor (Manning was close but even he I don't believe was as highly regarded as Andrew Luck).

I say all of this w/o dismissing RG3 btw (before I get unnecessarily flamed here ).

I've noticed something curious, though I guess not surprising. It's this: the words and praise for RG3 exist within this message board to a much larger degree then you can find outside of this site. If you look at ALL of the quote/unquote draft experts, they are all uniformly high on Luck w/o any real exception. Kiper called him the best prospect he's evaluated since 1979. Just stating what I'm seeing within and without the Stadium here on ES. I don't think ALL of these guys, the ones who actually get PAID to assess talent, can be uniformly off base on Luck. Anything can happen but in all my years of following the draft I've never seen such consensus in one QB's favor.

yeah the same experts that ALWAYS claim the Dallas Cowboys are the best team in the NFL.

Its not just ES that is high on RGIII. I got into a discussion with a few people from the bar I hang out at for games and they also were high on RGIII (most were not 'skins fans).

Can someone repost the video link for me?

Are you talking about this one or some highlights?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyqhn1LJps&feature=player_embedded

---------- Post added December-8th-2011 at 08:20 PM ----------

I've noticed something curious, though I guess not surprising. It's this: the words and praise for RG3 exist within this message board to a much larger degree then you can find outside of this site. If you look at ALL of the quote/unquote draft experts, they are all uniformly high on Luck w/o any real exception. Kiper called him the best prospect he's evaluated since 1979. Just stating what I'm seeing within and without the Stadium here on ES. I don't think ALL of these guys, the ones who actually get PAID to assess talent, can be uniformly off base on Luck. Anything can happen but in all my years of following the draft I've never seen such consensus in one QB's favor (Manning was close but even he I don't believe was as highly regarded as Andrew Luck).

I say all of this w/o dismissing RG3 btw (before I get unnecessarily flamed here ).

I remember Kiper saying at one point that RG3 is climbing high, but it was awhile back on ESPN. Cant remember everything he said, but it was good stuff.

:ols: That's good stuff.

I personally would be happy with either Barkley or Griffin. However, I think with some seasoning that Tannehill could be a great fit for us.

The best thing about this year's quarterback class is that I wouldn't have a problem rallying behind any of them. My heart stood still for a minute when we passed on Gabbert. Whew...

Pause at :25 in that video above.

:)

Wow, that actually DID look like a Skins uni. I REALLY hope that means good things to come. I don't know if it would be the best move for us, but I would actually be excited to watch the team again.

I can't take the Grossman Beck show for another season.

EDIT:

I'm all in for Luck, Barkley, OR Griffin. Any of those 3 and I'd cry like a baby.

I personally would be happy with either Barkley or Griffin. However, I think with some seasoning that Tannehill could be a great fit for us.

The best thing about this year's quarterback class is that I wouldn't have a problem rallying behind any of them.

I feel the same way. Luck's going to Indy (no trades), and I feel we'll be in line for Griffin... and take him. And he won't have to change his number. Barkley MIGHT have to.

I haven't watched Rg3 play a lot, I am worried about the offense he runs in college tho. I know people are going to throw Cam Newton out there when it comes to knocks on RG3, but, don't act like Cam Newton happens every year.

I'd like to watch his bowl game then see how he grades out in pre-draft workouts and such... definitely not against him, just ignorant to him for the most part.

I also like Barkley and of course, Luck.. but I am not willing to trade what it will take to trade for Luck. I just hope Shanny and co.do some serious hardcore scouting and research on all the QBs in this draft and then pick the right one. I mean, it HAS to be our time to find a franchise Qb right? Right guys??

Archived