Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Lombardi thinks we will acquire Peyton Manning

Tarantula

Only thing dumb is your failure to comprehend what was written in the post. I know alot more than you think like there is NO WAY in hell peyton is coming here.

no where in my post did i say i think hes coming here, i said other than using our 1st round, id go for it. on the other hand, you claim to know exactly the condition of mannings neck and that trent is incompetent because he smokes weed.

I'm not a doctor (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express once), but isn't the idea of bone fusion to make the area stronger? My dad had the same surgery and the doc said once the bones fuse together it makes them stronger. This is in response to some who say one hit will end Manning's career and possibly paralyze the guy, not about whether or not he'll come here.

no where in my post did i say i think hes coming here, i said other than using our 1st round, id go for it. on the other hand, you claim to know exactly the condition of mannings neck and that trent is incompetent because he smokes weed.

Thats two strikes, maybe the third time is your charm.

If Kyle's ego wouldn't let him call his own plays, then there is a serious issue with Kyle's ability to be objective, thus not the person to be OC, at least in D.C. .

This may be the current problem we have now; his ego getting in the way of proper playcalling adjustments in-game. So, if Luck, or Barkley ends up here, and he's at the line calling the play, and sees an uncovered receiver, you're telling me that Kyle will not allow him to change the play at the line? If thats the case, then Kyle has to go, and BEFORE the draft; control freaks are not needed on this team...

For the record, Lombardi said on Inside the NFL that if he were the GM he would never trade Manning.

Unfortunately, the insanely idiotic "I would simply ask Peyton to forfeit millions of dollars so he would have no control of his future" idea was never brought up.

:ols:

Thanks for the kind words ;)

I understand the rationale behind "he's better than what we have now". I can't fault that, b/c of course it's true. Drawbacks -

WBD has 5 years left. A rebuilding team can't hook the cart to a guy with such a short timeline. By the time we're ready to roll, he has 2 at most 3 chances for tries at a SB push, let alone a win. That's not alot. That's why you choose the young QB option, so that you keep your window of opportunity open longer.

I love WBD as much as anybody, but he only works in the right situation. I love that he's a coach on the field. That also means you can't have a strong offensive coach on the sideline. That's too many cooks in the kitchen. No matter what, Peyton is running Peyton's offense on the field.

If we didnt have to trade any picks for him, I'd pull the trigger. Our Franchise QB learning behind Manning, basically being coached by Manning, would be a great situation. If Manning gets smeared all over the grass.... bring in the rookie or Rex (resign cheap). We wont lose anything other than Snyder's money and I'm okay with that. Personally i think the Redskins need to draft a QB and acquire another one (preferably young) to compete/challenge the rookie. We have mis-fired on our last two Franchise QB picks and it has been the top reason this franchise has been screwed.

The only people saying Peyton might come to DC are media types that are just making stuff up to have something to say about it. Those jokers need to just say "I have no earthly idea, but I can make something up if you like."

Well, to be fair, they are sports journalists, who try to have some sort of keen insight into the only true reality tv show. Whenever they say, 'In my opinion...', or 'I think...' or something like that, what they are actually saying is 'Let me make up some stupid crap and try to convince you of it'. Most of the time (at least 80%) they are dead WRONG. It is the 20% that gives them credibility, and that is in reality just luck.

This team has been the model of what not to do in free agency for the past 20 years. It is interesting to watch Philly make the same moves this past off season. I can only imagine Andy Reed thinking 'I know that doing this has burned the Redskins in the past, but I am Andy Reed GD it! If I can't make it work, no one can!'. I do not want to take a big name just for the sake of getting a big name, and have it throw crap in our faces again.

These FA pickups are like a hope and a prayer (which in the past our hopes have been shattered and prayers never answered, well maybe an answer of No). We need the FO to make the right decisions for the long term, not another short term fix.

We wont lose anything other than Snyder's money and I'm okay with that.

WRONG.

We lose -

1.development on the young/rookie QB we SHOULD be bringing in. If after 2 or 3 years the Manning experiment is a McNabb style bust, we are starting from scratch with another few wasted seasons behind us.

2. Other good players on a team with TONS of holes. That Manning money now isn't available to help shore up a terrible offensive line, pay a quality reciever or two, or address the many holes on our defense.

It seems like every big name that may be available either via trade or free agency is somehow linked to the Skins. At this point it is borderline annoying. Shannahan made a mistake with McNabb, acknowledged that mistake, and moved on. I seriously doubt he would pull a repeat performance cause:

A. Peyton is going to be 36 years old. We all remember how McNabb seemed to age overnight so age is a huge concern.

B. One hit can end his career. This is no secret.

C. Having Petyon Manning on this team will only increase the pressure to win now tremendously. It will determine more to Shannahan's fate then drafting a his own QB.

D. Grooming his own QB, Shannahan guarantees that he will at least be given the length of his contract as a rookie / young QB will be given time to grow.

I do not think that Snyder will accept a year like this past year with a QB of Manning's stature in DC, especially only a full season removed of the McNabb disaster. Imagine the negative criticism the press and fans would unleash upon the Shannahans if not only a potential Hall of famer fails under his system but then a sure Hall of Famer fails? Too high risk and not enough reward in my eyes.

WRONG.

We lose -

1.development on the young/rookie QB we SHOULD be bringing in. If after 2 or 3 years the Manning experiment is a McNabb style bust, we are starting from scratch with another few wasted seasons behind us.

2. Other good players on a team with TONS of holes. That Manning money now isn't available to help shore up a terrible offensive line, pay a quality reciever or two, or address the many holes on our defense.

On point one the plan would be for the rookie QB to be sitting and learning. Believe me, i want to draft Franchise QB. Only way i would really want Manning would be to coach up the rookie while we are competing for two years. Point 2, i could be wrong but arent we way under the cap? I'm sure the front office could come up with a contract that doesn't blow out our cap. Either way doubt he comes to Washington, just something fun to discuss since our season is over.

They wont trade him they will have to cut him. No one is going to pay him the kind of money they just gave him.

Well true. But if he restructured his deal, assuming things really break down, then they would be able to trade him.

Either way...the question still stands as to why he would want to play here.

I would be awfully surprised if we traded for Manning if it required trading our 1st round pick in 2012 or 2013. I would hope that the Shanahan's would simply draft their QB of the future with that 1st round pick instead of leasing a 35 year old for 2-4 seasons.

The only way I could see us trading for Manning would be if RGIII chooses not to enter the draft and our FO is concerned that Barkley would not be available when we pick. And, if we did not have to part with our 1st rounder....a 2nd and something else, maybe?

But who knows, our FO has been known to do strange things.

Well true. But if he restructured his deal, assuming things really break down, then they would be able to trade him.

Either way...the question still stands as to why he would want to play here.

Yea, but if i were him i would say no way to the restructuring and tell them to release me. No one will claim him on waivers and he will end up getting paid by the Colts and whatever other team decides to pick him up. The colts will be forced to do, unless they wanna have the highest paid backup QB ever. :ols:

And i agree he would never want to come here. And i for one dont want him. Im happy with a 1st round pick QB.

And on a side not i like your other sig better!! :P

Archived