Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No longer is it "Dallas" week: The Cowboys simply aren't good enough to get up for

SkinsHokieFan

For starters, how are they going tell Manning that they are not going to improve the team via the draft and stick him on the field with an 0-16 team.

First of all, Peyton's neck injury is reportedly quite severe. He could have only two seasons left in his career. Perhaps only one, or perhaps not even that. He has even less reason to risk his neck for a suddenly pathetic Indianapolis team. Peyton may wisely choose to retire.

Secondly, the Colts could tell Peyton that Andrew Luck will sit on the bench for 2 seasons or more, to be groomed as Manning's replacement just the same way Aaron Rodgers held a clipboard while Favre played as a Packer through 2007. Manning's job, as a starting QB, wouldn't be at risk at all.

Thirdly, the Colts could draft some player other than a QB - defensive player, offensive player, whatnot - with the No. 1 overall pick - or trade down - and they still wouldn't go from, say, 0-16 to a playoff contender overnight, I think.

Finally, this is the Colts' best shot at drafting a superstar quarterback. When will the Colts ever have the NFL's No. 1 overall draft pick again? Perhaps not for decades.

Indianapolis has every reason to take Luck. Peyton Manning's career is, realistically, in its twilight one way or another.

First of all, Peyton's neck injury is reportedly quite severe. He could have only two seasons left in his career. Perhaps only one, or perhaps not even that. He has even less reason to risk his neck for a suddenly pathetic Indianapolis team.

Read my post carefully my Cowboy fan friend.

Notice the caveat I used the entire time.

"IF HEALTHY"

If Manning is NOT healthy, its not even a question Luck goes to Indy

Read my post carefully my Cowboy fan friend.

Notice the caveat I used the entire time.

"IF HEALTHY"

If Manning is NOT healthy, its not even a question Luck goes to Indy

Even if healthy, Indy has a reason to draft Peyton's replacement ASAP.

Manning is 35 years old. By the time Luck has been holding a clipboard for two seasons (the Rodgers approach), Manning would be 37.

A No. 1 overall draft pick comes by once in a long while. Of course, if the Colts were offered an absolute bushel of draft picks, they might trade down.

Even if healthy, Indy has a reason to draft Peyton's replacement ASAP.

Manning is 35 years old. By the time Luck has been holding a clipboard for two seasons (the Rodgers approach), Manning would be 37.

A No. 1 overall draft pick comes by once in a long while. Of course, if the Colts were offered an absolute bushel of draft picks, they might trade down.

Negative again.

The Colts need to make this decision by February. Manning essentially has a "one year deal" with a 4 year option. He'll be there until 39

Luck will be sitting there for 3 years minimum, with a contract expiring in 2 years.

We saw what a debacle that Favre-Rodgers situation turned into, which essentially blew the 2008 season for the Packers.

From a Colts fan blog

If Manning is healthy, he's going to play for 4 to 5 more years. It's too soon to take Luck to 'learn' from Manning. This option makes the least sense. It's probably the most popular among fans and pundits, but it's pure unadulterated stupidity. It will ruin the franchise.

http://18to88.com/2011-archives/september/its-time-to-talk-about-luck.html

You think Polian and Manning, in the twilight of both their careers, are going to sacrifice improving the team via extra picks for a QB to sit for several years? :ols:

Regardless, now this thread is being hijacked. You can start another thread in ATN if you wish to further discuss this.

I just found this quote from Marc Tracy who writes for Tablet Magazine. Although he lives in New York now he grew up in Washington so he gets what the rivalry is about. (Even if you don't)

In the end, rivalries are barely connected to contemporary reality — like everything else we pass on from generation to generation. To argue that a rivalry's declined relevance weakens the rivalry is to misunderstand what rivalries are.

Like a fourth-generation Irish-American whose favorite holiday is St. Patrick's Day, an adherent of the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry sees his second-order attachment strengthen as the first-order attachment withers away. In the place of a contingent, instrumental affiliation is an unqualified expressive one.

"The Pats and the Jets," Theismann muses. "Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I don't know whether they will go generations deep like the Cowboys-Redskins rivalry has. And until the generations have been completely wiped out, there will always be a need for this kind of a rivalry."

I don't think we are relevant at all at this point and won't be for another 2 years. Which makes a win utterly useless at this point.

Well SHF -- you really started at **** storm at CZ with this one. :)

It's really funny to see the insults fly over there, as they have completely missed the point. Especially the "This is their Super Bowl" comments. Those crack me up -- every team gets their super bowl when they play Dallas, apparently. Except for, you know, the teams that acutally MAKE it there...

As usual I agree with you. This game has 0 meaning for me. None.

Well SHF -- you really started at **** storm at CZ with this one. :)

It's really funny to see the insults fly over there, as they have completely missed the point. Especially the "This is their Super Bowl" comments. Those crack me up -- every team gets their super bowl when they play Dallas, apparently. Except for, you know, the teams that acutally MAKE it there...

As usual I agree with you. This game has 0 meaning for me. None.

:ols:

That thread has cracked me up. I didn't realize I lived in the heads of some people. Along with that, everything I said in the OP are things I have said on that board, for years

If I were there, I'd have simply shrugged and ignored this,

I've emotionally checked out on this team. I'm a fan and they have my interest but I can't get angry about gameday anymore. If the boys beat us by 30 I'll shake my head and laugh it off.

... And that ha nothing to do with How many playoff wins Dallas has in 15 years.

I agree 100 percent.

And even if I were still emotionally invested in the season, I harbor more resentment toward the Eagles than the Cowboys, just like a lot of younger fans.

That thread has cracked me up. I didn't realize I lived in the heads of some people. Along with that, everything I said in the OP are things I have said on that board, for years

If I were there, I'd have simply shrugged and ignored this,

This is my favorite one:

You know,the only logic you are proving is that you are nothing more then a fairweather fan,nothing more nothing less and no matter how you want to twist it, your just a gutless loser,pathetic...the redstinks deserve fans like you.

I think 90% of this guy's posts are about as this intelligent.

It would matter if WE were relevant. THAT'S why its not the same anymore.
Enough said, I can't see one team on our schedule that we realistically could beat. I'm as much as a homer as anyone else here but I've got to defense in regards to our record. We're as inept as can be,on offense w/ no excuse.

Glad to see y'all are still obsessed!

Cowgirls 30

Redskins 10

You are violating rule 15

15. Please maintain respectable size signatures within the limitations set herein.

Maintaining reasonable size signatures minimizes the amount of load time needed to access a given page. Furthermore, it reduces the amount of excessive scrolling required of users perusing threads. Signatures should not exceed 550 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height. These dimensions are not a guideline, they are a rule. It is the standard dimension for the entire signature size a member can use. Regardless of the quantity of photos posted, the sum area of all the photos must not exceed the stated size limitations. In addition, signatures should not contain any more than 10 lines of text. The sum total of the height (i.e. 200 pixels) INCLUDES text or any combination of images and text.

An example is provided below:

sigdemo2.gif

So you wouldn't want to play spoiler to a Dallas playoff berth?

The Cowboys and Romo sits to pee in December are their own spoiler for a playoff berth

Here is the deal. I am tired of seeing this team done in November. It happens because we have piss poor QB play.

Get that number 2 pick. Get a franchise changing player. And we'll be pounding these guys in December in meaningful games soon after

The Cowboys and Romo sits to pee in December are their own spoiler for a playoff berth

Here is the deal. I am tired of seeing this team done in November. It happens because we have piss poor QB play.

Get that number 2 pick. Get a franchise changing player. And we'll be pounding these guys in December in meaningful games soon after

Well, they do play the us, Zona, Eagles, Dolphins and Bucs in the coming month or so. Overall I agree with what you are saying though. I just hate losing to them regardless of the situation

If they are no longer good enough to get up for, i wonder what their fanbase things about us...

If I were any fan base in the NFL, the Redskins would barely be a blip on my radar.

Sort of like what the Redskins thought of the Cardinals back in the 80s and early 90s. You put a "W" in the column next to that game.

The Redskins have a LONG way to go. I don't want anything to sabotage fixing thing thing quicker

Archived