Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No longer is it "Dallas" week: The Cowboys simply aren't good enough to get up for

SkinsHokieFan

I think the only reason I give a crap about the Cowboys is because, despite being mediocre for large portions of the last decade (like us), they are CONSISTENTLY touted as playoff and Super Bowl contenders. Every friggin' years. Doesn't matter how good or bad they are. Every year they're a potential Super Bowl team. I'm just sick of hearing about them.

I always want to win. I understand that it hurts draft position, but I always want the team to win. And to beat the Cowboys speficially. Nothing would make me happier than to see the once again overhyped Cowboys get smacked in the mouth by our sorry, rebuilding asses, just so I can see Tony Romo sits to pee's dopey, sorry mug pout on the field like a little girl.

We'll lose, probably, but I just hate hearing about how the Cowboys still have a chance to make a playoff run.

i just hate em. skins fan since 1969 and the reason i hate the cowboys isnt because of the rivalry, its because of 1) super bowl 5,one of my best friends liked the boys and told me they were gonna beat the colts, when they lost i just thought they sucked.. 2) americas team, yall know where that got started? nfl films the sabol's started calling them that and it caught on, 3) cbs ,back when they carried the nfc games seems pat summerall and Tom Brookshier and cbs were very much the homers for the boys.got tired of being told about how great the boys were..4) of course being the "home" broadcasters of the cowboys, cbs had to start showing them on thanksgiving,to challenge the original thanksgiving team the lions..so its not about the fact that are arnt relevent, its just the fact that they are ,how did george allen say it? the goddamn dallas cowboys, go skins

We're not delusional, we KNOW the Skins suck. Keep telling yourself the Cowgirls are relevant. Eventually they will be.

Perhaps you are merely wanting to convince yourself, or maybe we have different view points on relevancy.

but take this weekend. the games dallas plays in is relevant to playoff positioning for not jut them, but other teams as well. Fans of the Giants, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, etc, etc, will all be keeping an eye on Dallas because their outcome on Sunday is relevant to those respective fan bases.

Dallas is relevant right now, and historically have been as well. Sorry the truth is so hard for you to swallow, but it is still the truth.

So this turns out to be another "Suck for Luck"-type of thread... fun.

Losing is not okay. Losing should NOT be encouraged. Especially when it's Dallas.

Winning or losing to Dallas is NOT, and NEVER will it be, meh to me. **** Dallas!!!

**** Dallas, **** their fans, **** their owner, **** their logo... and **** being anything near "okay" with losing to them.

Draft positioning be damned!!!

I find it funny that the OP has declared that the Cowboys are not worthy when the Redskins are at the bottom of the division. The importance of Dallas week keeps diminishing with each losing Redskins season. It's hard to get excited for a game when your team is already out of contention before Thanksgiving. Be honest, how many of you were looking forward to the second Cowboys game last year (Grossman v. Kitna)? Exactly.

The rivalry means something to skins fans, older Cowboy fans from Texas, and the bandwagon Dallas fans from DC, but that's it. Whenever I hear Cowboy players talk about the rivalry, I get the feeling that they're just paying lip service. I don't blame them either. In the past five years, the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys have all played against each other in the playoffs. Those games build animosity between teams. The only relativly recent Redskins games against a division rival with playoff implications for both teams were the back to back games against Dallas and New York back in 2005.

Maybe in a few years once the Redskins are a solid team, this game will have meaning. But right now, Dallas week is just another week.

Rivalries have meaning if the 2 rival teams are fighting over the division title. The Cowpukes at least contend with the Vagiants and the Fecals for the division title most years. As for us, well, we're the eternal cellar dwellers of the division. We suck and are not relevant.

No self-respecting NFC East team can consider the pathetic Redskins as a true "rival". When we can become consistently competitive contenders like the other 3 teams in our division, then we may be worthy of being a hated rival to them. For now, we're just the division's comic relief.

I really really hate being a Redskins fan for the last 20 years. Nothing gets better. Nothing. Ever. Shanahan is failing just like all of Danny's other coaches. (Gibbs 2 will go down as the "glory days" for young fans...)

Its funny how we try to call them irrelevant but when was the last time we were NFC East champs ? I believe they have done it twice in the past 4 years.

The other 3 teams in this division are the only reason this division is still considered tough. If the other organizations were in our shape the NFC East would resemble the NFC West (before the Niners picked it up this year).

Our current last place streak is the reason this rivalry and our other NFC East rivalries are irrelevant. Whether we like it or not we are that team that

everyone knows they don't haveto bring their A game to beat. We are that team that allows opposing OC's and DC's sleep well the night before the game.

Skin Fans, we are the only irrelevant NFC East squad.

I think there is one thing younger Redskins fans haven't figured out, and older Redskins fans seem to not want to let go of.

The Cowboys don't matter. Not one bit.

We are talking about a franchise that was universally picked to win the Superbowl in its home stadium last year, and crumbled with a 1-7 start.

A franchise which has won 1 playoff game in 15 years since its last Superbowl.

A franchise whose biggest highlight in the past 15 years is a dropped snap on a gimme FG in a playoff game.

Which brings in a QB that simply has no ability to perform in the clutch.

Flash back to the NFC Championship game in January of 1983.

The Cowboys at this point had played in 5 of the last 11 Superbowls, and had played in 9 NFC Championship (or NFL championship games) in 17 years. A team which barely lost on a miracle "catch" in the NFC championship game the year before. A franchise which hadn't missed the playoffs since the mid 1960s, which had at that time the best coach in the NFL, and quite frankly was the standard in the NFL.

They were led by this man

Landry_Tom_Action_180-220.jpg

Thats why we wanted Dallas. They were good. They were damn good Redskins fans, once being smart, knew they were very good and the standard to be measured against.

The Redskins on that day beat the Cowboys 31-17 en route to the first Superbowl win in franchise history. So called "fans" of that team like to point to that season as being a strike year, thus an asterick should be placed on our Superbowl trophy. Point out that we ran over them at RFK they stumble and stammer. Not a very bright bunch.

The team the Redskins play on Sunday is a mediocre 5-4. Was 6-10 last season. Had three straight 5-11 seasons just a decade ago and has vomited all over itself any time its had the chance to prove itself. They are now led by this man

JerryJonesCrying.jpg

So really, what do I care if we beat these guys on Sunday? A win over a 5-4 consistently underachieving team? Meh

What winning does is seriously put in jeopardy any hope of a true rebuild and potentially knocks us out of any chance at the number 2 overall pick. It puts the 2012 season in jeopardy and the Shanahan era in jeopardy if we are unable to secure the right QB in the April 2012 draft.

It could potentially drop us from a number 2 overall pick to number 12 overall.

A meaningless win in Jacksonville last season dropped us from number 5 to 10. This cost us a chance at the windfall trade the Browns got with Atlanta.

Until our ship is right, until the Redskins actually have direction with a young QB to build around, this franchise is simply drowning. Beating a mediocre, underachieving team hinders finding that QB.

So do we as fans want Dallas? This particular fan is pretty indifferent about them. Lets see some young guys make some plays and get me to April

If that's the case, then no game matters. Mike Shanahan should walk out to midfield every game and simply forfeit.

Rivalry games ALWAYS matter.

It would matter if WE were relevant. THAT'S why its not the same anymore.

+1

Seriously guys.. Dallas is miles ahead of us right now and it isn't even close. I understand the hate and the rivalry and all that..but you're kidding yourself if you really think we've been any better than them in the last several years. Are they always over-rated? Heck yea! But, they are a damn good football team with playmakers all over the field. We are one of the most boring, irrelevant teams in the entire league. That is why it doesn't matter.

LMAO. One of the dumbest most bitter threads I have seen in a while. And I hate the fact that fans get so worked up for Dallas. I'd rather treat them the same as any other team. But the logic in this thread is ridiculous. To say it doesn't matter because THEY are the irrelevant ones... SMH.

I'm of the "**** Dallass" crowd draft position be damned, as far as I'm concerned it is Dallass Week and want to hear Skip Bayless praise his precious **** team Monday morning. To hell with the crowd that "gets it".

Haha.. don't get me wrong, I wanna win this game...badly. I just know our chances are...well, you know what they are. The idea is to win games..that's your job. Tanking for draft status is not only horribly moronic, but it's got to be bad karma with the football gods.

So we tank, we somehow manage the 1st pick overall..we draft Luck..he SUCKs or takes a career ending hit. Then what?

Haha.. don't get me wrong, I wanna win this game...badly. I just know our chances are...well, you know what they are. The idea is to win games..that's your job. Tanking for draft status is not only horribly moronic, but it's got to be bad karma with the football gods.

So we tank, we somehow manage the 1st pick overall..we draft Luck..he SUCKs or takes a career ending hit. Then what?

To be fair, we aren't tanking

We just aren't that good. In fact, we are pretty terrible

The Dallas Cowboys are the most overhyped team of the last 5-7 years.

They supposedly have soooo much talent that it's like the Grand Canyon between them and any other team in the NFL. Don't believe me? Ask a Cowboys fan, they'll tell you.

Funny thing is....all that "talent" they have and only one playoff win in 15 years to show for it.

In the end, they'll be sitting right beside us in January, watching the playoffs on TV.

I agree with the OP. Get that high pick and let's infuse the roster with more youthful talent.

Yup. The effort is there. Nobody has given up. They are simply outgunned in every phase of the game right now

Disagree. We just cant put up points. Cant open holes and can't pass the ball consistently due to lack of separation/playmaking from WR's and inconsistent QB play.

Our defense is way above average and our ST's is pretty good. But if you haven't noticed our defense just starts to give less and less effort as they game goes on and they realize no matter how many stops they get the offense won't score. We're a couple OL, QB, complementary RB, and a good WR away from being an above average - good football team.

The OP has a point, but isn't entirely spot on.

Yes, the current Cowboys are a sad shadow of what they used to be in the 1970s and 1990s. But that being said, the current Cowboys have had winning seasons all the way back to 2005, with the exception of last year. They were almost always in the thick of the playoff hunt, at least.

How have the Redskins fared the last three season?

8-8.

4-12.

6-10.

The Redskins, at 3-6, have just about zero chance of overtaking the 0-10 Colts. In the race to the bottom, that is.

And the Colts have no reason not to take Luck.

This isn't about Luck. This is about being in position to make an impact move.

With that said, the Colts, if Manning is healthy, will have many reasons NOT to take Luck. For starters, how are they going tell Manning that they are not going to improve the team via the draft and stick him on the field with an 0-16 team.

B) Luck will be on a 4-5 year deal max. If he sits for 3 years, what kind of basis do you have to judge him going forward with his second contract.

IF, and its a big IF, Manning is healthy, Luck will NOT end up in Indy.

And again, ID yourself kid. You are a Cowboys fan. 99 percent of this board doesn't know that. Your sly little act needs to stop :)

Archived