Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the accusations against Cain true?

GSF

I don't know and, in my view, it's not terribly important. What is important is that Cain has demonstrated that his campaign is disorganized, he can't handle a crisis (even with 10 days advance notice), and he lashes out under pressure.

I agree with this. Given one of the three "truth" scenarios: 1) he did it; 2) he did some of what they claim; and 3) he didn't do any of it --- his response hasn't clearly lined up with what I'd expect from a leader of integrity. I'm disappointed at this point.

The democrat machine sent an agent back in time to accuse him of sexual harassment years before anyone knew he'd eventually run for President. :)

The details I've seen of this are that an "agreement" was reached between National Restaurant Association and IIRC three women. They accused him of sexual harassment and the association paid them. Since the story broke Cain's version of events has changed several times. That isn't to say he's guilty of it... but it doesn't look good.

I don't know and, in my view, it's not terribly important.

I'm not certain that the lack of judgment and moral fiber that is represented by a serial sexual harrasser ISN'T important for the highest level of leadership in the country...and world.

What is important is that Cain has demonstrated that his campaign is disorganized, he can't handle a crisis (even with 10 days advance notice), and he lashes out under pressure.

This I agree with, I'm still trying to figure out why the GOP doesn't vet its candidates.

I don't know and, in my view, it's not terribly important. What is important is that Cain has demonstrated that his campaign is disorganized, he can't handle a crisis (even with 10 days advance notice), and he lashes out under pressure.

How he has reacted to this- guilty or not; has show he is unfit to even think about being President. Cain will soon be dropping like a rock. I think Newt will be the next guy to rise and maybe Huntsman can gain traction again?

I think there is something there. Too many women are coming forth for their not to be something there.

You believe there is a screening committee to run?...Or should be?

The accusations are rather undefined except for the one,which makes determining truth a exercise in futility.

but I agree with Madison the response has been lacking

I'm not certain that the lack of judgment and moral fiber that is represented by a serial sexual harrasser ISN'T important for the highest level of leadership in the country...and world.

Actually, I agree that an individual's proclivity for sexually harassing subordinates and otherwise abusing a position of authority is relevant to that individual's request to be considered for the highest office in the land. The reason why I am not concerned with whether the accusations against Cain are true is because, as I noted in my prior post, his reaction to the accusations clearly demonstrates that he's unfit for the office.

Actually, I agree that an individual's proclivity for sexually harassing subordinates and otherwise abusing a position of authority is relevant to that individual's request to be considered for the highest office in the land. The reason why I am not concerned with whether the accusations against Cain are true is because, as I noted in my prior post, his reaction to the accusations clearly demonstrates that he's unfit for the office.

Oh I see, because #2 is true then he is already unfit regardless of #1, I see what you're saying, and I think I agree.

Useless crap that only distracts from the most important election in the world.

It comes with the territory.

(and I think it isn't all that useless if it shows how he deals with crisis situations, possiblly let's us see his character, and what might happen if he is president)

But what do you think it's distracting everyone from?

It comes with the territory.

(and I think it isn't all that useless if it shows how he deals with crisis situations, possiblly let's us see his character, and what might happen if he is president)

But what do you think it's distracting everyone from?

Utter nonsense, just as with Clinton. He touched a staffers breast? He propositioned a lady in an elevator and touched her buttock? He did this in 199? In 200? It means nothing. You act as if feminine honor is the most important issue in the United States. Is it?

Is it?

Utter nonsense, just as with Clinton. He touched a staffers breast? He propositioned a lady in an elevator and touched her buttock? He did this in 199? In 200? It means nothing. You act as if feminine honor is the most important issue in the United States. Is it?

Is it?

No, but I don't recall saying that.

I also don't recall you answering my question.

What specifically is this scandal distracting people from?

Personally I think it helps us get a better look at Herman Cain.

(not that there aren't plenty of reasons to worry about him already)

Actually, you know what...your post really bothered me so much that I had to actually get out of bed, log back onto my computer and add something.

Maybe you don't think it's a big deal if Cain uses his authority or wealth to take advantage of women or abuse his power, and act like a fool while trying to blame everyone else in defending himself.

That's fine. I just hope you don't ever find yourself in a position like these women supposedly were.

Is it?

How he reacts when confronted with wrongdoing is definitely on display, and Cain has failed miserably.

How he treats his subordinates gives a direct view into his character, and it appears to be lacking severely, not only in the 'can you control yourself" dept., but also in the "can you be truthful" dept., and in the "how can you handle a minor scandal" dept. he has made a complete mess.

Clinton was impeached as a result of his philandering, lets not forget.

As I recall, "if he can't be trusted to keep his wedding vows, how can he be trusted to do anything else" was one of the reasons given.

If the right wants to continue to pretend they have some sort of insight into morality, they should immediately drum this clown out of their ranks.

But instead they close ranks, and try to deflect not only his guilt, but they also try to paint it as if bringing up legal settlements he's made is somehow an attack.

I'd call it hypocrisy, but it's simply par for the course.

People who are innocent don't make payoffs and require gag orders to be issued.

Do they?

The more I watch Cain, the more I become convinced that he's just not very smart.

~Bang

He lost a lot of credibility when he first flat out denied it. Then partially admitted it but pretended not to remember. Then remembered and blamed the media. Now flat out lies again and says its a set up when it really isn't.

Had he come out initially and said that yes a settlement took place but it is in the past, dealt with and a non issue to the current election then this would have blown over, or at lest people would have had a reason to take his word for it.

Looking at the pattern of flip flopping, lying, and dishonesty, I'm leaning towards him being full of crap and there being legitimacy to some of the claims being put forward.

Herman Cain "The high Tech lynching 2." The difference is he meant Long John Silver instead of Long D. Silver and there was no hair on the can of coke.

With one of the babes found to be a serial sex harassment complainer at following places of employment and pictures of the busty accuser at a tea party rally giving him a hug not so long ago, their credibility comes into question.

It's very hard to tell for sure with these kinds of situations. I'm inclined to discount the casual tale of misbehavior. This one has moved beyond the "casual tale" stage. The troubling aspect to me is Cain's contention that everybody else is a liar. The first woman. The second woman. The third woman. The fourth woman. The male Republican pollster. The Perry camp. Yesterday his camp "confirmed" that one accuser's son worked for Politico. Which was 100% factual, except that the man in question had no relationship to any accuser, actually worked for a competitor to Politico, and left that job a couple years ago. His truth seems to be rooted more in spontaneous outburst rather than thought and investigation.

Cain made much of the fact that he built an unconventional organization more on a business model than traditional politics, and at the first crisis they react like unhinged amateurs. I was bothered by his immediate personal attacks on the first woman to identify herself, Bialek. If she's making stuff up I certainly understand the urge to attack. But if she's telling the truth then Cain is doubling down on his disgusting behavior. Had his response been to show us reasons why her story couldn't be true it would have helped his cause. Instead I lump Cain's reply in with that idiot Limbaugh who taunted the woman and called her Buy-a-Lick.

Are the accusations true? In a court of law, not guilty. In the court of my own judgement, the past couple of days I think I moved into the "where there's smoke" camp. I can still move back, but Cain will need to be more convincing for that to happen.

IF guilty he paid off two and the forth appears a nutcase.

He is not qualified to "Handle" and I refuse to back another Clinton-like 4 years of people hunting for anyone that could sidetrack him even more.

If you back this trainwreck you then can't complain about the 10,000 democrat lawyers and special committee's that appear a month before he takes office.

No thanks! This is the most important 8 year in my lifetime with everything happening. We need serious people that can devote 100% of the time to fighting for a fix.

I also removed MichelleB. as she has the same headaches i get, and we can't have a POTUS out for 2 days at a time due to her brain not working.

The VP at that point would be activated several times an probably at the worst possible times.

I also removed MichelleB. as she has the same headaches i get, and we can't have a POTUS out for 2 days at a time due to her brain not working.

The VP at that point would be activated several times an probably at the worst possible times.

I'm more comfortable with Bachmann when her brain isn't working.

to understand why those women were paid off you had to have been around in the 90s when certain women were filing workplace sexual harassment lawsuits left and right. That was the big fad back then. All a man had to do was look at a woman and she filed. That’s why Herman’s other accusers won’t come forward now – because they know they lied!

these are not the words of ND but a chick, you can still shoot the messenger if u like.

http://sandrarose.com/2011/11/cains-accuser-hugged-him-at-a-tea-party-meeting-a-month-ago/

---------- Post added November-9th-2011 at 08:06 AM ----------

I'm more comfortable with Bachmann when her brain isn't working.

Me too since we have seen the results of what happens when the BHO admin brainstorms :rolleyes:

Useless crap that only distracts from the most important election in the world.

Yeah, it's useless to understand a candidate and whether or not he'll be likely to sexually harass the people who work for him...yep useless....sorry mate but even in Italy this kind of crap is a big deal, because it tells us about the character of the person. BTW, if you don't think this is important to know then ask 1990's Newt Gingrich and the entire GOP from that decade.

---------- Post added November-9th-2011 at 08:42 AM ----------

Is it?

So inappropriate sexual advances in the work place are acceptable, just so long as it is a Presidential candidate? Come on.

Archived