Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE: Redskins claim Tashard Choice from Cowboys off waivers

skinfan2k

The only thing that bugs me is that he's an ex Cowboy. But I've seen Choice carry the all many times for Dallas. He's not Barry Sanders, but he has talent to a degree. He's not even a 1,000 yard type of rusher. Choice is exactly to us what Ahmad Bradshaw is to the Giants. Choice can get us some yards but he's not the durable type.

Championship! Oh my lol

What part of WV are you from? Me and my dad are both big into Mustangs.

I'm "okay" with this. I think Shanny is just trying to get as many players as he can just to try them out to see if they have potential. If he's not worth anything we shouldn't keep him.

I do understand the people complaining about not having an Oline though. I think it will get a lot better when TW comes back.

Crazy how people go from loving Torain to hating him in like two weeks.

I agree he is pretty limited; straight ahead bruising style of running with very little speed.

Honestly though, it starts with the o-line. If we can't block then there won't be any holes to run through.

Yeah because Stephen Bowen was real effective in that department.

You're probably right.

Tashard Choice being a member of the Cowboys offense up until a few days ago likely means he can't let us in on anything.

Kind of like Devin Thomas slept through so many meetings he could have never told the Giants anything about our offense.

~Bang

You're probably right.

Tashard Choice being a member of the Cowboys offense up until a few days ago likely means he can't let us in on anything.

Kind of like Devin Thomas slept through so many meetings he could have never told the Giants anything about our offense.

~Bang

sure he can, but will it matter? Our putrid defense can't stop a nose bleed.

Stephen claimed to have "inside info" on snap counts and audibles. We all know how that turned.

---------- Post added October-31st-2011 at 09:48 PM ----------

Did the Cowboys score a TD vs the Skins? :logo:

Just Sayin'

nope but they still won with half an offense.

You're probably right.

~Bang

What's to tell about our offense that they can't predict from game film?

Hightower came here with a reputation as a fumbler too but so far not one fumble... Fumbling is something that can be fixed with good coaching. Question is... how good are our coaches at this point? Choice seems to be more of a power back than he is a speed back. Dallas is trying to get back to speed at every position like they had during the Jimmie Johnson era. Problem is... athleticism will only take you so far. To win in this league at some point you have to line up against your opponent and smack em in the face. Like the Bills did to us yesterday. We need bigger lineman who have more of a nasty streak than the ones we have now. Until that happens... i dont care if we claim the next Bronko Nugurski off waivers. He won't gain a yard.

Guess what Uncle Jed??

Ol Tashard Choice is a double naught spy and has all these doggone secrets for us to use!!

Welllllll Doggies!!

:rolleyes:

Like that has ever helped this franchise.

I remember we signed a former Giant one year and Gibbs asked him what the NY defense thought of our offense and he told them: Well, you never throw to Donnie Warren.

So the next time we play the Giants, we run alot of pass plays for Don Warren, who got targeted about ten times, and still lost the game.

Big whoop.

Signing Choice is just throwing another shovel full onto the steaming pile.

The rookie Helu has a ways to go with his blocking. Choice no doubt can do a better job picking up blitzes. I agree with Diehard. The finesse zone blocking scheme is not the style of play the Skins have been known for. Would really appreciate some man blocking smashmouth running plays to mix things up for opposing defenses.

Not to be to harsh on coach but there were two things I saw during his time at Denver that I thought were pretty bad. One was their use of cut blocks and the other was their quick but smallish offensive line personnel. Loved watching the Redskins kick the crap out of Denver in Super Bowl XXII.

i used to think that choice should have been starting instead of jones or barber, but its kinda telling that he could never get consistant reps there. as far as signing him, i dont really mind. just another body to get some carries throughout the year and maybe help us gameplan for the next cowboys game.

i am of the belief that 90% of redskins fans dont know what real offensive talent looks like anymore because we have been so devoid of playmakers for years. we need an infusion of talent there.

Archived