Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE: Redskins claim Tashard Choice from Cowboys off waivers

skinfan2k

Per @Adam_Schefter , the Washington Redskins have claimed RB Tashard Choice, who was cut last week by the Dallas Cowboys. Choice started at RB for Dallas in win vs. STL, before being cut.

Thoughts? Is it more so to get intel from them for the game in a couple of weeks or really taking a look at him? I always liked him even though he has been injured a lot

---------------------------------------

ES STAFF appended edit:

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

Oct. 31, 2011

REDSKINS CLAIM CHOICE OFF WAIVERS;

WAIVE THOMPSON

ASHBURN, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have claimed running back Tashard Choice off waivers. To make room for Choice, the Redskins waived cornerback Brandyn Thompson.

Choice (5-10, 212) was originally drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth round (122nd overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft and spent his entire career with Dallas before being released on Oct. 28, 2011. Choice has 1,139 yards rushing on 250 attempts (4.6 avg.) and eight rushing touchdowns in 54 games. He has also caught 64 passes for 497 yards and returned three kickoffs for 61 yards in his career.

Choice played collegiately at Georgia Tech from 2005-07 and Oklahoma in 2004. He compiled 3,456 yards rushing on 697 attempts with 28 touchdowns and caught 41 passes for 288 yards during his collegiate career.

In 2007 as a senior, Choice earned first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors after leading the conference in rushing yards with 1,379 on 261 attempts while adding 10 touchdowns.

Choice attended Lovejoy High School in Hampton, Ga., where he was a first-team all-state selection as a senior. He was born on Nov. 30, 1984, in Jonesboro, Ga.

Thompson (5-10, 177) was selected by the Redskins in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft last April after having appeared in 49 games at Boise State.

I can tell you why, GHH... They aren't sold on Torain and Royster... They want to explore options. I find NOTHING wrong with this move at all. It doesn't affect our ability to find OL (though, we should be scouring places for OL) but it gives a chance to evaluate. Choice is a pretty well rounded back with fumble issues... THT seemed to fix the fumble problems, so perhaps Choice can as well under our coaching staff. We'll see. Not a bad move. Not a move I believe is a major difference maker, either, though.

Hmm... it wasn't so long ago that he was clearly the best back in Dallas (over Jones and Barber), but Garrett never seemed to be a fan.

Choice kinda makes me laugh because he never seemed to be a threat against us... maybe he wanted to be with us all along. lol

It make sense. Torain has been ineffective recently (though not given enough opportunities), obviously Hightower went down, and we appear to like Helu only as a 3rd down/change of pace type... at least this year. May as well keep Royster on the PS and see what Choice has. He has potential and might thrive in a new situation.

I have but one word: WHY?

Hail.

Isn't it obvious GHH? The running back position is the missing piece in this offense, not the record shattering 9-sack O-line, our 1 man show of an offense called Fred Davis, or our QB who instead of scanning the field to find open receivers during a play determines who he will throw the ball to while in the huddle.

A pretty average back with fumble issues for me KD.

And I get the standardized team version of 'why'; but when Royster's not so much as got a look and Choice has hardly set the league a camp fire alight, never mind a blaze; I ask again: WHY?

Not good enough for the pukes, but better than what we drafted to take a look at.

Not impressed.

Hail.

$20 says that IF the QBs that shanny like are off the board when we pick like Barkley and Luck then we take Trent Richardson.

---------- Post added October-31st-2011 at 04:44 PM ----------

Hightower seems to be overrated because he ran well in the preseason lol @ the preseason. Torain is very Overrated. Start Helu to see what he can do and if he doesnt work then IDK. the good news is that with a shanny system you dont need to be super legit to run the rock.

gonna have to release someone to add Choice...

Sellers or Brandyn Thompson probably.

If it's NOT Sellers, who should of been gone two or three years back the overall use/ worth he's been at this stage of his career, then mark that down as another big ? for those with many ? building against the Shanahan regime.

I don't share those doubts to that extent, but I understand why people have them at times.

Hail.

Archived