Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GHH laid totally bare with his fanhood on the line: Why it's best for our team to lose out the rest of the 2011 season.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

Tell that to the Lions. Their past 13 games they are 11-2 or something like that.

They haven't won anything of significance yet. The Lions are actually 9-2 over their last 11 games (two consecutive losses over the past two weeks). Yes, it seems like they are on the right track to turn it around. But, let's see how they finish the remainder of this season before putting 'em on a pedestal. As, much as they could have a good season.... They could also easily fall off.

tldr and anyone saying they are a fan wishing the team they support loses all of it's games to me isn't really a fan at all, imo. And personally this just adds more fuel to my desire to embarrass you GHH for being so lame and negative on this forum, don't forget our bet pal. The Ring of Fame shouldn't include someone thinking like this. All my opinion of course. And not just meant for GHH.

The damn seasons only 6 games deep, we don't have a losing record yet, and some of you just make me want to vomit thinking like this. You need to learn what its like to be a fan for a change, A fan supports his team and wants them to do well. Not lose. I am not a fan of the Cowboys. I want them to lose. I am a fan of the Redskins, I want them to win. This isn't rocket science and not difficult to understand unless your just like this clown

ricky_bobby-1.jpg

Ah yes, the winning takes the time. Right now the Skins are turning the corner and should continue to show resolve. The Redskins as an organization has just begun to draft well. I don't see how a few spots in any given draft changes or effects that. However losing would continue a mind set that has become too comfortable. The Redskins are on the path we the fans had hoped for, too bad we the fans don't have the stomach for the amount of time that takes.

what? a few posts ago you were making comments about "where are the trophies" then when i suggest that it takes time you say "we dont have the stomach for the amount of time it takes"? thats a complete contradiction. i 150% have the stomach to wait for us to be good, and im fully anticipating it. however, id rather be drafting early than later, because i feel that the better talent is available earlier in the draft and i want us to have a shot at getting that talent. that talent is more important to me than meaningless games in a non competitive season.

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 03:24 PM ----------

Yeah, let's use the Detroit Lions model for success. Suck for 45 years, then PRESTO! you're in the hunt for the NFC North title. :thumbsup:

well we're 20 years in, i guess we have 25 more to go.

I am not a fan of the Cowboys. I want them to lose. I am a fan of the Redskins, I want them to win.

Ahh yes, GOOD POINT! There is NO WAY on God's green earth would I EVER be cheering for the Cowboys when playing the Skins, no matter WHAT the reason... and add the Giants and Eagles to that.

Then add the other 28

He made the point that high draft picks have brought premier talent to the Wizards and Nationals and you tried to completely dismiss it, because it hasn't brought them trophies yet. This demand of a rookie and a minor leaguer, no less.

At the same time, you are claiming the Skins- in year 2 of bad football under this regime- are somehow clearly and unquestionably on the path to glory.

At utter, absolute best your argument is hypocritical and hollow.

The team is 3-3 and was projected to finish where?

The team has drafted well already, without tanking a season to improve draft position.

The team is being built to sustain positive momentum getting rid of the old wood with loser mentalities.

The team is headed in right direction, IMO. They need some talent infusion, and QB is a high priority for sure, but the team is being built and that takes time. I expect them to compete while they are doing it and not tank.

Only losers hope to lose.

I agree. I just don't get the thinking of "I want to lose now and hope to win in the future" instead of "I want to win now and continue to win in the future." It seems to me that it's better to root for Beck and hope he turns out good instead of hoping Beck sucks so we can get a better draft pick. Even if Beck lights it up, I still want to draft a QB, but to hope we suck and lose for a better pick just sounds pathetic. Outside of Luck it's not like there is a QB in next year's draft that is going to guarantee us a winning franchise. Also, it's not like we have to have a top 5 pick to get a QB. I think Aaron Rodgers was drafted at #24 overall, before Campbell.

We aren't getting Luck. There is no way we will finish worse than the Colts and the Dolphins. We could lose the rest of our games and still not be as bad as those two teams. The only conceivable way I see us getting Luck is if the Rams beat out the Colts and Dolphins, then deciding to stay with Bradford and trade the pick away. Then we trade a ton of picks and players to the Rams for the #1 pick.

I'm going to root for Beck and hope he tears it up. If he ends up playing at a high level as the season progresses, we could be set at QB for the next 5 years. We can still draft a QB even if Beck turns out great. It doesn't make any sense to me that some would want Beck to suck, then place your hopes in a QB in next year's draft that may end up like Jimmy Clausen.

what? a few posts ago you were making comments about "where are the trophies" then when i suggest that it takes time you say "we dont have the stomach for the amount of time it takes"? thats a complete contradiction. i 150% have the stomach to wait for us to be good, and im fully anticipating it. however, id rather be drafting early than later, because i feel that the better talent is available earlier in the draft and i want us to have a shot at getting that talent. that talent is more important to me than meaningless games in a non competitive season.

Where are the trophies was about the Wizards and the Caps.

Drafting is about evaluation more than position. And I think the Redskins FO has shown remarkable growth in that area.

You leave the Chilli's drummer out of this.

And I'm not your 'pal', but I appreciate and understand your stance. Even if I don't agree.

Hail.

No thats for damn sure your not. To me you are what is so wrong with this fanbase. You post way too damn much and think far too highly of yourself and have no idea what it is like to actually be a fan of anything. Your negativity gives me a headache. Its guys like you who give Redskins fans the bad name we have.

What you will never understand is what it is like to be a fan of a Football team. To be a fan is to wish nothing but positive for your team. You want to understand football fans then look at Cleveland last week. They won 6 to 3. Do you think there fans thought "I wish we would lose every damn game since there is no chance we can win a playoff game" like you do? Hell no. A win is all they want. A win is all I want. A loss is all I want for every other team in the league.

Truth is when I lived in DC years ago I would have smashed someone who talked like you do Bendict Arnold but I'm older now. These days I just look at people like yourself and people who think like you do and just feel awful for you. I take pity on someone who is so mental they call themselves a fan and want nothing but failure for that team. I don't give a damn what you think or understand about me. You have no idea what its like to be a fan. If you want us to lose what do you want for the rest of the league?

I'm out of here. Some of you mental midgets make this place miserable for the fanbase and I wish you would just learn to be a fan for once in your life. Or understand what it means to rebuild. You want a rebuild one minute, the next you think we are a playoff team, the next you think we are terrible. You make no sense.

If you think we should lose every game then I don't respect you. Your no different then any fan of any other team in the league in my book. I'm surrounded by Cowboys fans and they make more sense then you do thinking like this. Even when they are losing they want the Cowboys to win. They don't want the Cowboys to lose. Seeing someone calling themselves a Redskins fan wishing we lose makes me sick

Where are the trophies was about the Wizards and the Caps.

Drafting is about evaluation more than position. And I think the Redskins FO has shown remarkable growth in that area.

evaluation is fine, but all the evaluation in the world wont help us jump up to get andrew luck. only losing will do that.

we can evaluate all we want, but at the end of the day if another team wants a guy that we want, and they pick in front, they win.

The team is 3-3 and was projected to finish where?

The team has drafted well already, without tanking a season to improve draft position.

The team is being built to sustain positive momentum getting rid of the old wood with loser mentalities.

The team is headed in right direction, IMO. They need some talent infusion, and QB is a high priority for sure, but the team is being built and that takes time. I expect them to compete while they are doing it and not tank.

None of that really has anything to do with anything, and certainly nothing to do with your earlier contradictory posts, so I'll just go on about my day.

GHH ... you can't see me, but I'm clapping right now. Finally, FINALLY!!! One of "you people" gets it. By "you people" I mean the homer, blindly loyal, don't you dare talk bad about my Redskins fan who honestly convinces themselves that the Redskins have a legit shot at the playoffs.

We are 3-3. There is a ton time left in the season. If we can pull out a win in the next two weeks and keep our head afloat, we can get healthy again and perhaps go on a run. The year we went 10-6 and got a playoff win, our record at one point was 5-6. It just annoys me that people are throwing in the towel so early. Heck, some like the original poster were throwing in the towel before the damn season started.

While interesting points are raised as pro's and con's my question is tanking the season, what makes you believe that we will pick a top talent? I mean look at Cam Newton, all the media "experts" talking about him not being a true NFL QB. Who ever thought that Rogers or Peyton would pan out like they have? I know nothing is a sure bet and while everyone else is licking chops swearing Luck will be the next UBER QB what gaurentee is there? Maybe as STUPID and as BASS AWKWARDS this sounds maybe just maybe our Skin's are snake bit, Maybe just maybe the only way to do this is to have losing seasons for the next 7-8 years so we can basically have number 1 picks on the offensive line, and a "top tiered" QB. Personally our recent record against rookie QB's is alarming, embarrassing and downright harsh. I say that because not only can't our offense and defense create a gameplan that raddles a ROOKIE QB, the braintrust front office wasn't smart enough to go after all these rookies who are crapping all over our defenses. I mean I don't know about the masses here but honestly when it enough enough? Last year we needed another OLB to compensate for Orakpo, McNabb is passed his prime, we have geritol taking recievers. Now flash to this year, the defense has been addressed, we supposedly have no weak links now. But again the defense lays a egg all because they can't contain and make plays on a rookie QB who basically crapped all over them in the 3rd and 4th quarter. We have 7 fricking recievers now and it appears that Gaffney can't catch a damn cold. I don't want to hear the naysayers either talk about it being fluke. We also hear and read posts about Mike's son and his issues with trying to have the greatest show on turf in DC and not have a QB to make the throws. But damn we have a mobile QB that does make throws and what happens....The damn recievers either now have the F'g dropsy's or they fumble. Now Shanny comes out and says he has to do a better job getting his team prepared? Give me a break maybe he needs to stop spending so much time in the sun tan room. Maybe just maybe what he did in the AFC North won't work in the NFC East. Sorry I am seriously starting to give up all hope. Hell even Hightower now goes down with a torn ACL. I mean sorry but without the bone headed decisions by Cerrato all those years and dumb signings and trades. Man if the Redskins didn't have bad luck they wouldn't have no luck at all, and now I do wonder, is Snyder the anti- christ? He must have done something real wrong cause damn, even a broken clock is right twice a day, but evidently not my Redskins......................Well there is always Madden and the ability to trade and play the way we all wish they could. I mean damn The Packers make it to the SB with second and thrid stringers and WIN! Hell we can't even beat a Rookie QB..................

We are 3-3. There is a ton time left in the season. If we can pull out a win in the next two weeks and keep our head afloat, we can get healthy again and perhaps go on a run. The year we went 10-6 and got a playoff win, our record at one point was 5-6. It just annoys me that people are throwing in the towel so early. Heck, some like the original poster were throwing in the towel before the damn season started.

big difference. that team was loaded with proven vets and guys ready to make it happen. we had a pro bowl caliber oline, a franchise RB, a 1400+ yard receiver, a young stud TE in his prime, a solid defense with multiple vet playmakers, and a vet QB that had playoff experience.

that season is NOT EVEN IN THE SAME REALM as this one. we have inexperience everywhere, injuries left and right, guys that wont even be here next year, rookies galore, and no answer at QB. to think we're making a run like we did that season is nuts.

evaluation is fine, but all the evaluation in the world wont help us jump up to get andrew luck. only losing will do that.

we can evaluate all we want, but at the end of the day if another team wants a guy that we want, and they pick in front, they win.

No that's not true at all. The only thing keeping us from Luck is the team with pick #1 and what we would be willing to give up to get him

We could be drafting 32 and end up with Luck if we were willing to give up enough to get him

I really believed Palmer wouldn't be traded this year, but he was. If we want Luck and are willing to pay a kings ransom then we can get him

But honestly there are 3 winless teams in the league right now and we have 3 wins. Even if we lost the rest of our games this year we wouldn't be drafting #1

That ships sailed

No thats for damn sure your not. To me you are what is so wrong with this fanbase. You post way too damn much and think far too highly of yourself and have no idea what it is like to actually be a fan of anything. Your negativity gives me a headache. Its guys like you who give Redskins fans the bad name we have.

What you will never understand is what it is like to be a fan of a Football team. To be a fan is to wish nothing but positive for your team. You want to understand football fans then look at Cleveland last week. They won 6 to 3. Do you think there fans thought "I wish we would lose every damn game since there is no chance we can win a playoff game" like you do? Hell no. A win is all they want. A win is all I want. A loss is all I want for every other team in the league.

Truth is when I lived in DC years ago I would have smashed someone who talked like you do Bendict Arnold but I'm older now. These days I just look at people like yourself and people who think like you do and just feel awful for you. I take pity on someone who is so mental they call themselves a fan and want nothing but failure for that team. I don't give a damn what you think or understand about me. You have no idea what its like to be a fan. If you want us to lose what do you want for the rest of the league?

I'm out of here. Some of you mental midgets make this place miserable for the fanbase and I wish you would just learn to be a fan for once in your life. Or understand what it means to rebuild. You want a rebuild one minute, the next you think we are a playoff team, the next you think we are terrible. You make no sense.

If you think we should lose every game then I don't respect you. Your no different then any fan of any other team in the league in my book. I'm surrounded by Cowboys fans and they make more sense then you do thinking like this. Even when they are losing they want the Cowboys to win. They don't want the Cowboys to lose. Seeing someone calling themselves a Redskins fan wishing we lose makes me sick

Clearly you're not a real fan.

No that's not true at all. The only thing keeping us from Luck is the team with pick #1 and what we would be willing to give up to get him

We could be drafting 32 and end up with Luck if we were willing to give up enough to get him

I really believed Palmer wouldn't be traded this year, but he was. If we want Luck and are willing to pay a kings ransom then we can get him

But honestly there are 3 winless teams in the league right now and we have 3 wins. Even if we lost the rest of our games this year we wouldn't be drafting #1

That ships sailed

wait, youre already writing those teams off as the #1 pick yet you cant write us off? we have 3 more wins than all those teams with 10 games to go. you honestly dont think we could lose out? or that they could go on a cute run?

hilarious that youre calling out people for not being fans for writing our own team off, yet you just wrote 3 other teams off. comedy.

Archived