Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GHH laid totally bare with his fanhood on the line: Why it's best for our team to lose out the rest of the 2011 season.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

What you will never understand is what it is like to be a fan of a Football team. To be a fan is to

A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person with a liking and enthusiasm for something, such as a band or a sports team. Fans of a particular thing or person constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may show their enthusiasm by being a member of a fan club, holding fan conventions, creating fanzines, writing fan mail, or by promoting the object of their interest and attention.

Addicted I think you and I would agree to be a fan of something is to root for success even when the team is down and out.

None of that really has anything to do with anything, and certainly nothing to do with your earlier contradictory posts, so I'll just go on about my day.

My posts were not contradictory, but I am sorry I interrupted your day with my point of view in a discussion, feel free to carry on or not.

wait, youre already writing those teams off as the #1 pick yet you cant write us off? we have 3 more wins than all those teams with 10 games to go. you honestly dont think we could lose out? or that they could go on a cute run?

hilarious that youre calling out people for not being fans for writing our own team off, yet you just wrote 3 other teams off. comedy.

Fool are you serious? Why the hell would I care about those other teams? I am a fan of this one. And they have a 3 game jump on the first pick. How many seasons was the #1 drafting team drafting 1st with a 3-13 record? Do your homework. It doesn't happen. The 1st overall picking team is winless now. Even if we lose out. You just don't understand anything about being a fan of a team thats not winning and your pissed that we can't be last. Booo hoooo. Go root for another team. Anyone wanting us to lose out is just a fool in my book

evaluation is fine, but all the evaluation in the world wont help us jump up to get andrew luck. only losing will do that.

we can evaluate all we want, but at the end of the day if another team wants a guy that we want, and they pick in front, they win.

So the Redskins should tank all the time and pick first and beat all the other teams eventually stockpiling talent and then losing them to FA, wow glad Shanny is in charge.

My posts were not contradictory, but I am sorry I interrupted your day with my point of view in a discussion, feel free to carry on or not.

Your posts were most assuredly contradictory, and it really takes no deep insight at all to recognize that.

But nice attempt to cover that up with some kind of vague accusation that I just can't abide opposing viewpoints.

Fool are you serious? Why the hell would I care about those other teams? I am a fan of this one. And they have a 3 game jump on the first pick. How many seasons was the #1 drafting team drafting 1st with a 3-13 record? Do your homework. It doesn't happen. The 1st overall picking team is winless now. Even if we lose out. You just don't understand anything about being a fan of a team thats not winning and your pissed that we can't be last. Booo hoooo. Go root for another team. Anyone wanting us to lose out is just a fool in my book

the colts, who took peyton manning haha.

youre just unintelligent if youre willing to write other teams off so easily, yet you cant even look at our team objectively. although i think you already proved that by inviting GHH to an e-fight lol.

A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person with a liking and enthusiasm for something, such as a band or a sports team. Fans of a particular thing or person constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may show their enthusiasm by being a member of a fan club, holding fan conventions, creating fanzines, writing fan mail, or by promoting the object of their interest and attention.

Addicted I think you and I would agree to be a fan of something is to root for success even when the team is down and out.

Absolutely Sir I agree with that

I don't understand and it makes me very confused to hear someone say "I really like my team, we are 3 and 3 and I hope we lose the rest of our games"

There is no justifying this. When times are tough you digg in and you show your true colors. If your true colors are you hope a team losses every game like I do the Cowboys every year then your not a fan of the Cowboys. If you hope that the team wins every game then you are a fan of the team. You put it much better then I can but thats the point to me

So the Redskins should tank all the time and pick first and beat all the other teams eventually stockpiling talent and then losing them to FA, wow glad Shanny is in charge.

find one post where i said we should tank. ill gladly wait.

here a hint tho: you wont find one because i never said we should. i just think we suck and we'll lose all by ourselves.

big difference. that team was loaded with proven vets and guys ready to make it happen. we had a pro bowl caliber oline, a franchise RB, a 1400+ yard receiver, a young stud TE in his prime, a solid defense with multiple vet playmakers, and a vet QB that had playoff experience.

that season is NOT EVEN IN THE SAME REALM as this one. we have inexperience everywhere, injuries left and right, guys that wont even be here next year, rookies galore, and no answer at QB. to think we're making a run like we did that season is nuts.

That's ridiculous. At the point we were 5-6, everyone thought we were done. Everyone thought Gibbs was in over his head. Everyone was thinking it was a lost cause. Everyone thought our QB (Brunell) was awful. After we started off 3-0 we went 2-6 before our run. We got blown out 36-0 by the Giants. The only thing we could hang our hat on before our run was we beat Dallas in Dallas with the miracle comeback. That season before our run felt hopeless.

That's ridiculous. At the point we were 5-6, everyone thought we were done. Everyone thought Gibbs was in over his head. Everyone was thinking it was a lost cause. Everyone thought our QB (Brunell) was awful. We were on a 2-6 losing streak before our run. We got blown out 36-0 by the Giants. The only thing we could hang our hat on before our run was we beat Dallas in Dallas with the miracle comeback. That season before our run felt hopeless.

we were 5-3 at the halfway point, we'd scored 52 points on the 49ers, portis was running well, moss was a stud, cooley was cooley. we had some flashes that season of good play. those 3 games we lost in a row were ugly, but the season didnt feel over, at least it didnt for me.

Your posts were most assuredly contradictory, and it really takes no deep insight at all to recognize that.

But nice attempt to cover that up with some kind of vague accusation that I just can't abide opposing viewpoints.

Prove it out Rufus. Show me and I am man enough to admit it. Someone said something about the Caps and Wizards, was that you? And I responded where are the trophies? I don't know why you so hung up on this but whatever, don't want to wreck you day having a convo about the Skins.

the colts, who took peyton manning haha.

How many years ago was that? This isn't the 1990's damnit. Your a clown, go spend your time wishing some good on something instead of wishing bad on the Redskins. Your no different, no screw that, your worse then the Cowboys Giants and Eagles fans who post here

youre just unintelligent if youre willing to write other teams off so easily, yet you cant even look at our team objectively. although i think you already proved that by inviting GHH to an e-fight lol.

I invited him to look me up if he was ever in Texas. I meant that, I don't even know what an e-fight is.

wait, youre already writing those teams off as the #1 pick yet you cant write us off? we have 3 more wins than all those teams with 10 games to go. you honestly dont think we could lose out? or that they could go on a cute run?

hilarious that youre calling out people for not being fans for writing our own team off, yet you just wrote 3 other teams off. comedy.

So you're saying you think it's likely that all 3 winless teams (Miami, St. Louis, and Indy) will win at least 4 or their remaining games, each team ending up at least 4-12, and that we can land Luck if we purposely lose our remaining games with our 3-13 record. Is that what you think?

What's funny about this 'Addicted' character is that he has gone from threatening people on the Internet, to calling people 'fools' because they don't agree with him, to telling us we're not real fans because we are more interested in the long-term success of the franchise than a meaningless season riddled with injuries and the worst QB situation in the league, to "I'm out of here", only to hang around and respond to each and every retort to his original statement.

Keep puffing your 'real fan' chest. We're all in awe of your fanhood, and we all aspire to one day be as loyal of a Redskins fan as you. :ols:

find one post where i said we should tank. ill gladly wait.

here a hint tho: you wont find one because i never said we should. i just think we suck and we'll lose all by ourselves.

That was a question, do you think draft position is so important that the Redskins should tank to gain an advantage, you sure implied the position argument, now do you think tanking is a good idea, that is the topic being discussed here, I think. =-[

BLC, please, stop being a 'fool' (or was it 'clown?' I'm losing track TBH in all this hilarity); and stop annoying our fine fan down in Texas.

I'm concerned by his angst your bringing out of him that he'll burst a blood vessel or something worse. He does seem annoyed with you.

Please, consider your better fan.

Fool that you are.

Hail.

Prove it out Rufus. Show me and I am man enough to admit it. Someone said something about the Caps and Wizards, was that you? And I responded where are the trophies? I don't know why you so hung up on this but whatever, don't want to wreck you day having a convo about the Skins.

A rookie basketball player and minor league baseball player haven't produced trophies yet, so their rebuilding projects are to be written off. But a football team 3-3 and thought to be a playoff team by exactly no one in year 2 of it's rebuilding can't be questioned.

If you need someone to explain to you why that's contradictory, find a 1st grader, because I won't waste my time on it.

So you're saying you think it's likely that all 3 winless teams (Miami, St. Louis, and Indy) will win at least 4 or their remaining games, each team ending up at least 4-12, and that we can land Luck if we purposely lose our remaining games with our 3-13 record. Is that what you think?

no, i dont think those 3 teams will finish ahead of us. but my point with that comment is that hes written them off as if its not possible for them to get anymore wins, but he cant write us off. objective NFL fans should be able to look at their team (as well as all the other teams) and kinda see where they stand. just cause im a huge redskins fan doesnt mean i cant be objective.

but to your question, no i think we'll draft ahead of them. however i do think we'll end up with a top 6 pick most likely. hopefully thats low enough to get landry jones if we cant get luck in a trade.

That was a question, do you think draft position is so important that the Redskins should tank to gain an advantage, you sure implied the position argument, now do you think tanking is a good idea, that is the topic being discussed here, I think. =-[

never thought we should tank. however i wont be upset if we lose because i know that losing for a team full of rookies in a rebuild year is ok. draft position is important tho, and ill probably be pissed about wins in hindsight come april. hell im already pissed we beat the giants lol.

big difference. that team was loaded with proven vets and guys ready to make it happen. we had a pro bowl caliber oline, a franchise RB, a 1400+ yard receiver, a young stud TE in his prime, a solid defense with multiple vet playmakers, and a vet QB that had playoff experience.

that season is NOT EVEN IN THE SAME REALM as this one. we have inexperience everywhere, injuries left and right, guys that wont even be here next year, rookies galore, and no answer at QB. to think we're making a run like we did that season is nuts.

That team was loaded with ****. That roster was bloated with massive salaries and walking injuries. I'd much rather see a team on the upside than the AARP squads of the mid 2000's

What's funny about this 'Addicted' character is that he has gone from threatening people on the Internet, to calling people 'fools' because they don't agree with him, to telling us we're not real fans because we are more interested in the long-term success of the franchise than a meaningless season riddled with injuries and the worst QB situation in the league, to "I'm out of here", only to hang around and respond to each and every retort to his original statement.

Keep puffing your 'real fan' chest. We're all in awe of your fanhood, and we all aspire to one day be as loyal of a Redskins fan as you. :ols:

Well said. But I assume that is because, unlike addicted, you are actually a real fan of the Redskins.

we were 5-3 at the halfway point, we'd scored 52 points on the 49ers, portis was running well, moss was a stud, cooley was cooley. we had some flashes that season of good play. those 3 games we lost in a row were ugly, but the season didnt feel over, at least it didnt for me.

We've had "flashes" of good play this season. The season felt over for most people after the 3 game losing streak before the run. Tampa Bay was a crushing loss. We lost to the Raiders at home. I think it was a 1pm game. Even though the Raiders traveled from the west coast, we still lost. Then the Chargers beat us in overtime at home which was another west coast team that traveled to the east coast. We lost to two west coast teams at home twice in a row. Our record after our 3-0 start was 2-6. We looked like toast.

Look, this season may end up like a Zorn collapse. That said, I'm not going to hope for it so we can get a better pick. I'm going to hope Beck plays at a high level. If he doesn't, we'll probably get the higher pick that so many of you crave.

That team was loaded with ****. That roster was bloated with massive salaries and walking injuries. I'd much rather see a team on the upside than the AARP squads of the mid 2000's

portis in his prime?

cooley in his prime?

moss in his prime?

taylor in year 2?

marcus washington in his prime?

chris samuel in his prime?

jon jansen in his prime?

randy thomas in his prime?

cornelius griffin in his prime?

ryan clark in his prime?

shawn springs in his prime?

care to revise that comment? that team was nicely put together with good players. had vinny been smart he'd have started using that 2006 draft to keep it going by loading up on more talent. but vinny is dumber than an icecream cone, so he ignored the 2006 draft, and brought in brandon lloyd, adam archuleta, randle el, and other garbage i cant even remember (TJ duckett or was that the year after?).

A rookie basketball player and minor league baseball player haven't produced trophies yet, so their rebuilding projects are to be written off. But a football team 3-3 and thought to be a playoff team by exactly no one in year 2 of it's rebuilding can't be questioned.

If you need someone to explain to you why that's contradictory, find a 1st grader, because I won't waste my time on it.

When did I say the team can't be questioned? Your wrong Rufus. You can go all school yard if ya want but I won't sling insults with you bud. So stop wasting your time then, hahhaa, I don't know what to tell ya.

As for the Caps and the Wizards you are assuming that those guys are going to produce or continue to produce. My point was that has yet to play out. BTW, are you for tanking or not?

We are 3-3. There is a ton time left in the season. If we can pull out a win in the next two weeks and keep our head afloat, we can get healthy again and perhaps go on a run. The year we went 10-6 and got a playoff win, our record at one point was 5-6. It just annoys me that people are throwing in the towel so early. Heck, some like the original poster were throwing in the towel before the damn season started.

You have to look deeper than our record. I've seen nothing in the last two games that would lead me to believe that we're capable of making a run like in 2005. We just lost our starting RB and LG for the season, our LT is out for several more games, our best WR is out for at least 5 weeks and we have a career backup starting at QB. I mean, I think our defense is good but it cannot win games without some semblance of an offense.

Archived